Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

CSS Zen Garden

Got any cool links? Or even links to avoid? Let us know.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

CSS The Beauty of CSS Design

A demonstration of what can be accomplished visually through CSS-based design.

http://www.csszengarden.com/




also available as a book

Image

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0321303474/mezzoblue-20/

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

User avatar
MILF
Posts: 11299
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Location: Always Argyll

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      


-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119613
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I know nothing about CSS... how long would it take a newbie to learn such a thing. :)

Image

User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4829
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: The Shivering Islands
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Jericho wrote:I know nothing about CSS... how long would it take a newbie to learn such a thing. :)


CSS is actually very easy.


Let's say you have some text that you want to format....

For example....


Code: Select all

I am some text I want to format



You can wrap a html <span> tag around it andgive the span a class....

Code: Select all

<span class="text_format"> I am some text I want to format </span>



In your CSS file you can then apply attributes....


Code: Select all

.text_format {
color:#FF0000; /* font color */
font-size:12px;
font-weight:bold;
}



Sorted.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119613
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

If you want to learn CSS I suggest you follow the tutorial I linked to at W3schools. They even give you a page where yo can try your stuff out online.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119613
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:

Let's say you have some text that you want to format....

For example....


Code: Select all

I am some text I want to format



You can wrap a html <span> tag around it andgive the span a class....

Code: Select all

<span class="text_format"> I am some text I want to format </span>



In your CSS file you can then apply attributes....


Code: Select all

.text_format {
color:#FF0000; /* font color */
font-size:12px;
font-weight:bold;
}



Sorted.


My brain just went BOOOOOOOM ! It took me ages to learn HTML. And I am still getting some of it now.


smeggypants wrote:If you want to learn CSS I suggest you follow the tutorial I linked to at W3schools. They even give you a page where yo can try your stuff out online.


Thanks, I am going to save that and look into it :D

Image

User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4829
Joined: Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:30 pm
Location: The Shivering Islands
How Hot Are You?: Siberia


Return to Cool Websites

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests