Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Football Ground Guide

Got any cool links? Or even links to avoid? Let us know.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

This is a great site for football fans, or indeed anyone with an interest in sports stadia around the country. It's a complete guide on every football ground in the Football League, including all ninety-two grounds, plus a section on special grounds outside the Football League. It contains information on clubs, the ground, ticket and programme prices, the cost of food at the ground, where to go and where to avoid round the ground and all manner of information like that.

Click here for the site, and enjoy!

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

yes, it does sound great...but, did you remember the link? :doh:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:yes, it does sound great...but, did you remember the link? :doh:

I certainly did! :pp: Click on 'here' and it should take you there. I've just tried it and it's working for me, but it doesn't appear to be underlined. :|

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

aha...hunt the link. You are right, click here (no not here ;) ) and it works...just doesnt looky like a linky...

ah, no Scottish grounds then...where of course only the finest mutton pies are served. Apparently Kilmarnock do the best ones. ( those at Firhill possibly best avoided). and of course at Forfar it's bridies.

There - a resume of Scottish grounds :D

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I know. :o I hate when the link doesn't underline like that. :x The thing is, I don't like posting the link without encasing it within a word because I think it looks a bit untidy. That's just my fussy Virgoan nature showing through though.

Scottish grounds?! You want Scottish grounds! Clicky! :pp:

I did like your round-up of Scottish grounds though!

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

I totally agree about the link looking best if its done like you did it (but with a colour change or underline) but I dont know how to do it here.

No Chance, teach me... :pp:

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I totally agree about the link looking best if its done like you did it (but with a colour change or underline) but I dont know how to do it here.

No Chance, teach me... :pp:

Ah! It's easy! Well, it's easier to show you rather than explain because explaining makes it sound horribly convoluted! Ignore the 'code' bit:

Code: Select all
[url=http://www.smeggy's.co.uk]Smeggy's is great[/url]!

Would make:

Smeggy's is great!

I hope that made sense!

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

this place was fun the last time I was there. The ball kept going in the neighbours' gardens.

(its Montrose - Links Park - by the way)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:this place was fun the last time I was there. The ball kept going in the neighbours' gardens.

(its Montrose - Links Park - by the way)

Woohoo! You've mastered it! :yippee:

Oh, that's cool! I'd always be watching through the windows if I lived there!

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

Thanks ! it took me a good few tries. I was using the wrong brackets. Why is it [ ] and not < > ?

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:Thanks ! it took me a good few tries. I was using the wrong brackets. Why is it [ ] and not < > ?

It took me a couple of goes as well when I first discovered how to do it. I sometimes mess up still by putting [/quote] at the end- and the same for doing quotes by typing [/url] at the end. I rarely use the quote and URL tags now because I'm that used to typing them out manually. I actually prefer the [ ] way of doing things, for some reason.

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

ha! well I've just messed it up on another thread. :( still need some practise.

MILF

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Cool Websites