Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Joke

The place for Jokes - You're 'aving a laugh - "He's 'aving a laugh!"

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I have heard this joke time and time again but it was put over brill on Fools and Horses.

Del, Trigger and Mike are in The Nag's Head trying to convince Rodney that there are people worse off.

Del Never give up on people, Rodney. I know that most of the time they don't seem to understand. But when you're in trouble and you cry out for help, some will always be there. Trigger's cousin Cyril's a perfect example. He owed 500 quid on his mortgage.
Trigger They were gonna be thrown out on the street the following day. he was very worried about it.
Mike So what happened Trig?
Trigger He drove out to Beachy Head. Parked about five foot from the edge of the cliff.
Albert What, he was gonna drive off it?
Trigger Yeah! He just sat there for a couple of hours, his head resting on the steering wheel. People tried to talk to him out of it but he was too depressed to listen.
Del But then, and this is the what I mean about people, Rodney, they had a whip-round and got him his 500 quid.
Rodney No! Who held the whip-round?
Del All the passengers on the bus.

THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Tetchy, Moving House

Posted on

:rofl: too many classics in that series to mention Major,it was pure class. :thumb:

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

:howl:

On a related note, on Gold there were repeats of Only Fools and Horses a couple of months ago, interspersed with interviews with Sir David Jason. They repeated every single episode ever aired and also some episodes that were never shown.

As someone who watches almost no telly, I was totally hooked for a few weeks and watched as many episodes as I could.

The pure genius of the programme is something that will probably never be matched. I truly laughed out loud.

I’m now trying to find the entire library of Only Fools and Horses to own.

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Gusset sniffer

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
I’m now trying to find the entire library of Only Fools and Horses to own.

I have them all, including all the christmas specials. :taunt: :D

Funnily enough, i was watching the 'Class of 62' last night where Slater arranged the school reunion.

Del, Rodney, Denzil, Boycey and Mike are in the function room when Trigger arrives an hour late...

"Where have you been?"
Trigger - "I got lost"
Denzil - "How can you get lost? You have been coming to this pub since you were 16!"
Trigger - No, i got lost on the way to this room - i have been standing in your dance hall for the last hour"
Mike - But its pitch black in there - there are no lights on!"
Trigger - "Yeah i know, i thought were were going to wait and shout surprise"

:rofl: :rofl:

Another one from the same scene...

Rodney (in an eerie storytelling manner) "All we know is that somebody wants all of you together in this room all at one!..... Who could that person be and why"?
Everybody looks puzzled and slightly worried.....
Trigger - "Jeremy Beadle?"

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

^ I've seen some collections on eBay and Amazon but many have bad reviews as being incomplete. I presume they're not available on Blu-Ray? The sets I've seen are on LOTS of DVDs so quite inconvenient for me.

I'll take a look on Amazon Video to see if it's possible to buy a streaming version of the entire set as I want the ability to down an episode to my iPad and watch it whilst I'm travelling. I think with Amazon Video you can download a video to watch offline.

Honestly, I rarely laugh out loud at any comedy, but OFAH is fucking hilarious and I can watch the same episode time after time and it never gets any less funny. :D

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Major wrote:I have heard this joke time and time again but it was put over brill on Fools and Horses.

Del, Trigger and Mike are in The Nag's Head trying to convince Rodney that there are people worse off.

Del Never give up on people, Rodney. I know that most of the time they don't seem to understand. But when you're in trouble and you cry out for help, some will always be there. Trigger's cousin Cyril's a perfect example. He owed 500 quid on his mortgage.
Trigger They were gonna be thrown out on the street the following day. he was very worried about it.
Trigger He drove out to Beachy Head. Parked about five foot from the edge of the cliff.
Trigger Yeah! He just sat there for a couple of hours, his head resting on the steering wheel. People tried to talk to him out of it but he was too depressed to listen.
Del But then, and this is the what I mean about people, Rodney, they had a whip-round and got him his 500 quid.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Honestly, I rarely laugh out loud at any comedy, but OFAH is fucking hilarious and I can watch the same episode time after time and it never gets any less funny. :D

I used to love it, but I've gone off it now. The weird thing is, I can't understand why. I know it's a classic and respect it for that, but just doesn't make me laugh anonymous :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:^ I've seen some collections on eBay and Amazon but many have bad reviews as being incomplete. I presume they're not available on Blu-Ray? The sets I've seen are on LOTS of DVDs so quite inconvenient for me.

I'll take a look on Amazon Video to see if it's possible to buy a streaming version of the entire set as I want the ability to down an episode to my iPad and watch it whilst I'm travelling. I think with Amazon Video you can download a video to watch offline.

I suppose it may be possible to download the entire series plus christmas specials from one of those file sharing websites... But i would never encourage or condone doing such a thing of course, as it is illegal and as a TV license payer, you would actually be downloading MY property.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

Major wrote:I have heard this joke time and time again but it was put over brill on Fools and Horses.

:rofl: :rofl:

"Who does the washing? Who does the drying? No one, with this washer dryer" - Jim Bowen

I still need you there beside me
No matter what I do
For I know
I'll never find another you
- The Seekers

"Life is what happens to you when you're away making other plans" - John Lennon

"Names Gene Hunt, your DCI and its 1973. Almost dinner time. I'm havin' hoops!"

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: What a shitload of fuck

Posted on

There's a few episodes on the internet without having to do anything illegal, though they are often taken down inside a couple of months.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x62n3gb

My favourite episode is probably The Yellow Peril.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
crumbs wrote:Honestly, I rarely laugh out loud at any comedy, but OFAH is fucking hilarious and I can watch the same episode time after time and it never gets any less funny. :D

I used to love it, but I've gone off it now. The weird thing is, I can't understand why. I know it's a classic and respect it for that, but just doesn't make me laugh anonymous :)

Well,at least some on here have a sense of humour.. :hmmm: :rofl:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
smeggypants wrote:

Well,at least some on here have a sense of humour.. :hmmm: :rofl:

:hyenas: :hyenas:

I still laugh out loud at Monty Python, etc :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Do you remember the csrd game when Del beat Boycies 4 kings with '2 pair'

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AzoJr4zIubQ

THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST

Smegster
Current Mood: Tetchy, Moving House

Posted on

Love Thy Neighbour.

Snowflakes should go and have a lie down in their safe space. And then go and fuck themselves.

:howl:

Really Hooked!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Love Thy Neighbour.

Snowflakes should go and have a lie down in their safe space. And then go and fuck themselves.

Which one of those actors has had their gender diversity moment ?

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:^ I've seen some collections on eBay and Amazon but many have bad reviews as being incomplete. I presume they're not available on Blu-Ray? The sets I've seen are on LOTS of DVDs so quite inconvenient for me.

Honestly, I rarely laugh out loud at any comedy, but OFAH is fucking hilarious and I can watch the same episode time after time and it never gets any less funny. :D

For streaming you can get your Apple iPlug out your butt and sign into iTunes for the rectal stretching price of £1.89 per episode or £50 for the lot.

https://itunes.apple.com/gb/tv-season/o ... 1053923625

The DVDs will set you back £18.

https://www.zoom.co.uk/product/only_foo ... gKm4_D_BwE

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

OFAH is fabulous,it was very,very funny and also at times hinted of sadness,I think it was when Rodders got married and Del got beaten up..

Remember the one when Rodders had split up with his wife,she went round to visit him he had a false clip on pony tail.. :rofl:

Sullivan was a brilliant writer.. good old East end lad.Came from East Ham..

One Episode stays with me was when they won a holiday to Spain,Rodders had to pretend he was 14.. had me crying with laughter. :rofl:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:Sullivan was a brilliant writer.. good old East end lad.Came from East Ham..

When I met him he was in Kingswood :thumb:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:
Dolls wrote:Sullivan was a brilliant writer.. good old East end lad.Came from East Ham..

When I met him he was in Kingswood :thumb:

Oops born Sarf London.. :thumb: Mind You he knew so much shit about market traders,ideal growing up area..

Forum Slapper Lush

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Jokes