Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

UK Internet Snooping laws outlined!

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

UK Internet Snooping laws outlined!

same old bullshit excuse ... terror!!!!!!!!

Witch working for the Elite
Details of internet use in the UK will have to be stored for a year to allow police and intelligence services to access it, under government plans.

Records will include people's activity on social network sites, webmail, internet phone calls and online gaming.

Home Secretary Theresa May said the change was needed to keep up with how criminals were using new technology.

But senior Tory David Davis said it was "incredibly intrusive" and would only "catch the innocent and incompetent".

The Communications Data Bill has been published in draft form - but the government faces a battle to get it through Parliament intact, with Lib Dem MPs and Conservatives such as Mr Davis calling for it to be watered down or abandoned altogether.

Restrictions are likely to be placed on the types of phone and internet data local councils can access in an effort to win over critics, but the proposals have still been branded a "snooper's charter" by civil liberties campaigners.

Rachel Robinson, policy officer for Liberty, said: "It's good that local councils won't be able to watch the entire population but even law enforcement should be targeting suspects - not all citizens.

"Just like the internet, any private home can be a crime scene, but should we install hidden cameras and microphones in every bedroom in the land?"

'Stopping terrorists'

Under current legislation, communications companies must keep phone records and information about messages sent via their own email services for 12 months.

Article continues ..... http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-18434112

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Already 160,000 odd signatures.....Please sign

https://secure.38degrees.org.uk/privacy-petition

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Done!

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

The totally stupid thing about this proposed law is that the people they are supposedly targeting are just going to bypass it.....VPN's, encrypted email/messenger etc. The only people left being spied on are the innocent population.

This shit really winds me up because it's a total reversal of the principle of being innocent unless proved guilty.

If the authorities said we're going to search everyone's house to make sure people aren't committing a crime, or they were are going to vet your letters before they're delivered then people would rightly be up in arms. This is no different though, it's just an electronic version.

:thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown: :thumbdown:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

It's fuck all to do with the people they are supposedly targetting. I Just wish they'd come up with a more intelligent excuse for their every increasing reduction in people's privacy.

All this is about keeping an eye on any potential dissidents. i.e people who can potentially threaten the Elite's stranglehold on power and ability to cream off the wealth of ordinary people through debt enslavement.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Not only do we get to be spied on, but it's going to cost a fortune as well

http://www.thinkbroadband.com/news/5279 ... s_comments

Data monitoring service to cost four times what UK Gov invests in broadband

It is almost impossible to not draw comparisons with the card index systems, and survelliance society that was a reality in East Germany, and new plans to monitor who we communicate with in the online world. What is surprising is the £1.8 billion estimated cost for carrying out this new level of monitoring which is likely to involve the 12 largest providers.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Not only is Theresa may embarrassing herself by using the absurd Terrorist canard but is now calling people who disagree with the agenda Conspiracy Theorists. Theresa May please just fuck off!!!

http://www.guardian.co.uk/technology/2012/jun/14/online-snooping-home-office-cost?newsfeed=true

Home Office reveals pricetag for tracking emails, phone use and Facebook and Twitter accounts as Theresa May attacks critics as 'conspiracy theorists'

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Stupid bint :fingers: :fingers:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Standard practise to denigrate those who question the official line by calling them childish names. Even those looking for the truth are mocked by perjorately calling them "truthers" - Surely looking fro the truth is a good thing?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Oh dear! :( lol

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Dennis Skinner doesn't like it

What a piss take after what happened under the last Labour government Dennis :groan: :groan:

Lets face facts, this is all coming from civil servants.....They're in charge of government policy and they're all the bloody same. Old Lib/Lab/Con bollocks :thumbdown:

Really pisses me off :banghead: :mad1: :mad1: :banghead:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Remind me again: what are the sons of ordinary people being sent to their deaths in foreign lands protecting? Is it our freedoms? Is it our right to privacy?

Which other countries snoop on their citizens like this? Oh yes, that'll be the Axis of Evil countries.

Totally agree crumbs. Spying on your own citizens just isn't on :mad1:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:Dennis Skinner doesn't like it

What a piss take after what happened under the last Labour government Dennis :groan: :groan:

Lets face facts, this is all coming from civil servants.....They're in charge of government policy and they're all the bloody same. Old Lib/Lab/Con bollocks :thumbdown:

Really pisses me off :banghead: :mad1: :mad1: :banghead:

Good on dennis Skinner. No prizes for guessing Cameron's cookie cutter response TERRORRRRRRRRRR!!!!!

:maduk: :maduk:

:cameron: :blair: :cameron: :blair: :cameron:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs