Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

My virgin V+ box

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Why can i get some of the regional bbc channels(socotland.wales NI) but none of the others...and only anglia ITV regional channel?

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I wish I could get regional channels with my Virgin Media! :x I haven't got a V+ box though, just a standard set-top box.

It is odd how you get some and not the others; I'm amazed you get other regional channels at all; I would love that! :x

Just moving this into the Media Providers and ISPs section. :)

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

No Chance wrote:I wish I could get regional channels with my Virgin Media! :x I haven't got a V+ box though, just a standard set-top box.

It is odd how you get some and not the others; I'm amazed you get other regional channels at all; I would love that! :x

Just moving this into the Media Providers and ISPs section. :)

They all show pretty much the same thing,apart from the local news and the odd regional program,i never even noticed it till someone on here memtioned they were showing benidorn series 1 on ITV Borders..that i looked to see if i can recieve it,which i carnt,but i can get BBC scotland,wales and northern ireland..and ITV Anglia and London...very strange :confused:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

It is very strange indeed. :| I'd love BBC Wales and S4C too for some of the rugby-related shows they have on there. Mind you, some things are shown on the BBC iPlayer now, so it's not too bad, but still. I'd be quite interested to watch regional news from around the country. I remember the ITV News Channel used to show London Tonight, which I enjoyed watching. I just like things like that. :o On away games following Sheffield United I used to always get a local newspaper from the different places around the country I used to visit. :o

I'd like Sky for that reason alone, to be able to have various regional channels. :)

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

No Chance wrote:It is very strange indeed. :| I'd love BBC Wales and S4C too for some of the rugby-related shows they have on there. Mind you, some things are shown on the BBC iPlayer now, so it's not too bad, but still. I'd be quite interested to watch regional news from around the country. I remember the ITV News Channel used to show London Tonight, which I enjoyed watching. I just like things like that. :o On away games following Sheffield United I used to always get a local newspaper from the different places around the country I used to visit. :o

I'd like Sky for that reason alone, to be able to have various regional channels. :)

would you like me to send you a "northampton chronic and echo"? Its a monday-saturday paper.
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

stinkymouse wrote: would you like me to send you a "northampton chronic and echo"? Its a monday-saturday paper.
http://www.northamptonchron.co.uk/

Thank you for the offer, Stinky, but I've stopped collecting them now. :o The clutter it caused was unreal. :o Thanks for the link though; I'll take a good look at that now! :) :thumb:

Misanthropic Trucker

Return to Media Providers and ISPs