Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

TV Man and Police

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

TV Man and Police

Very entertaining and shows you you don't have to pay a TV License if you know your rights. :thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

:thumb: :thumb:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

This is interesting stuff, and it seems that acts of parliament need consent to be enforced. In other wrods they are legal but not lawful.

http://www.thebcgroup.org.uk/article/living-rule-law

If you asked if you 'understand' or 'understood' something this means in legal speak you 'stand under' and thus give consent to the authority put before you. never say you understand.

There's a thread here somewhere aboutu this already. I'll find the link .... :bugs:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:This is interesting stuff, and it seems that acts of parliament need consent to be enforced. In other wrods they are legal but not lawful.

If you asked if you 'understand' or 'understood' something this means in legal speak you 'stand under' and thus give consent to the authority put before you. never say you understand.

There's a thread here somewhere aboutu this already. I'll find the link .... :bugs:

Interesting :thumb:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:This is interesting stuff, and it seems that acts of parliament need consent to be enforced. In other wrods they are legal but not lawful.

Interesting :thumb:

Indeed and a it's a serious issue. Having the knowledge and the balls we could get away with loads of stuff that would be normally considered obligatory.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Common_law

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I've never had an inspector round. Just got a letter demanding payment of my tv license. Then a court letter. No fucking about round ere :thumbdown:

I'd be careful re: Strawman.
They may be able to use it against you. No NHS :doh:
Although I wish I had the balls to do as it says. :)

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I should let everyone know that Kroaky's video states that the TV Detector Van is a myth...this is incorrect!

In the mid 90s as a Driver for the Royal Mail I had a duty that was driver for TV Licensing (which at the time was part of the Post Office) while the inspector/investigator was in the back twiddling knobs! The van can't pin point a specific address but triangulates the signal to an approximate location and with an address for a non payer, its becomes pretty academic re which house is watching without a license!

However, what is true is that the information gathered by a detector van is not admissable as sole evidence!

Loves The place!
Current Mood: Tetchy!

Posted on

Information from colleagues working at the BBC in the 80's and 90's confirmed there was only one real detector van with working equipment, the remainder were dummy vans, sent to regions where the database of licence owners was lower than others.

http://www.theregister.co.uk/2008/10/27 ... r_secrets/

Very much like the nailng of individuals for not paying road tax, or entering congestion tax zone/LEZ zones, the devices used to catch them are all based on the database rather than positive IDs with a camera.

Those under scrutiny by ATOS or HMRC in general are subject to virtually the same method of catchment.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

The one I drove five days per month for 3 months (in the mid 90s) was the real deal...there was a too much expensive hardware in the back making all sorts of pings and bleeps (you could also watch tv on it during your lunch break- I wonder if the van had a license lol) for it to have been a decoy!

I'm sure sure there wasn't a fleet of these vans, it looked too expensive but then again...there is the license fee! It looked like one of those spy vans you see on Spooks! lol

Loves The place!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:LOL :rofl: :rofl:

I don't condone violence BUT this woman has a an attitude and face that is begging for a slap!!

Loves The place!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:I've never had an inspector round. Just got a letter demanding payment of my tv license. Then a court letter. No fucking about round ere :thumbdown:

I'd be careful re: Strawman.
They may be able to use it against you. No NHS :doh:
Although I wish I had the balls to do as it says. :)

Well this is the other side of not consenting I guess, but I doubt doctors are going to refuse to treat you. :) - Might send you a big bil though

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I don't watch much terrestrial TV so I'm one of billions :) that object to the licence fee. I don't see much evidence of our money producing decent programmes. I still think the BBC is miles better than ITV but I think it's about time the BBC put ads between their programmes (not during, this is what pisses me off most with independent channels). They'd wipe out ITV inside a year (for which I'd be eternally grateful).

Our money seems to be going into the pockets of good for nothing executives and pervy presenters, enough already.

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter

Grand Master

Posted on

phild05 wrote:I don't watch much terrestrial TV so I'm one of billions :) that object to the licence fee. I don't see much evidence of our money producing decent programmes. I still think the BBC is miles better than ITV but I think it's about time the BBC put ads between their programmes (not during, this is what pisses me off most with independent channels). They'd wipe out ITV inside a year (for which I'd be eternally grateful).

Our money seems to be going into the pockets of good for nothing executives and pervy presenters, enough already.

Aside from the BBC's role as an establishment propaganda machine, which it's always been used for since it's birth .........

---------------------------------------------------------------
Even the BBC itself admits it ...

http://www.bbc.co.uk/history/historic_f ... orge.shtml

"Between 1941 and 1943, Orwell worked on propaganda for the BBC."

Read here how Churchill took over the BBC for propaganda in the 1920s

http://books.google.co.uk/books?id=Byzv7rf6gL8C&pg=PA78&lpg=PA78&dq=churchill+on+BBC+propaganda&source=bl&ots=Wl3auwx615&sig=3Ulb8cZh1KGSmqNsi_GHVLUAFhY&hl=en&sa=X&ei=bRjRUIyGJfCY0QWR8YCACg&ved=0CDsQ6AEwAQ#v=onepage&q=churchill%20on%20BBC%20propaganda&f=false
---------------------------------------------------------------

..... the BBC being funded by a tax doesn't have to worry about ratings so much as ITV does, so it can take more chances on non mainstream programs.

They'll still conform to the unwritten rules of establishment compliance. Even Adam Curtis's fantastic documentaries, such as the Power Of Nightmares, which show that Al-Qaeda is a myth, are heavily restricted in what they can contain.

but yup the savile expose has shown the BBC to be corrupt to the Masons and their child abuse/rituals

:bbc:

just like the Catholic Church. :popegrinch: :popegrinch: :savile: :cliff: :cowell: :kenclarke: :laud: :esther:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Some cracking vids there :) Might have to try that one day :D

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs