Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BT V Sky Land Line Only

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Our phone line 'only' is with BT, we pay Sky for our telefone calls, sky TV and broadband

BT Foneline 'only' is £216 a year.

Sky Foneline £119 a year advance payment + free calls after 7.00pm and weekends for one month, they have also given me free movies. I am eligible for a box or summut to wind back progs, tape stuff but I refused it as it would do me brain in, if I had one.

My Sky package, TV and Broadband is separately charged along with my daytime calls.

So all I have done is cross over to Sky for my landline and saved £97 a year.

All in round figuz.

Think I got it right, no doubt someone will tell me if I have ballzed up.

THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Tetchy, Moving House

Posted on

The BT phoneline figure you have given seems way high. BT charge £14.95/month or £125/year if you pay in advance. So you've saved a bit, but not anywhere near as much as you thought.

Also Sky recently discontinued their free calls after 7pm package. You can either have free weekend landline calls for nothing or anytime landline calls for an extra £5/month.

You're better off though Major, but the size of the savings has been exaggerated to you.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Just had another thought. I think you'll have been paying £12.50/month for Sky broadband unlimited, because you had line rental not with Sky. Now you've moved your line rental to Sky your charge for broadband unlimited will go down to £7.50/month, so that should be another fiver a month saved.

You should have taken the free Sky+ box Major. We record everything (except sports and news), it means you can skip through all the adverts. Even if you really didn't want to use it you could have flogged it on eBay and made a few quid that way. In any case that's all they do now, so when your current box goes pop you'll have to have one.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Got Sky for tele and BT for phone and broadband. Two factors that ought to be factored in are free BT Vision and BT's free national wifi coverage, if you're into that sort of thing.

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Puckish

Posted on

I'm with talktalk. they offered me the best deal with internet, phone, and international calls to Guernsey. The package I have is unrivaled by Sky, Virgin and BT. Or if it is, its not very clear on their websites. Not had any emails to tempt me across either considering i've been a loyal Sky TV customer for at least the past 9 years.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs