Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BSkyB files complaint against BT Sport

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Just seen on the news that BSkyB is filing a complaint against BT for offering BT Sport 1 and 2 free to BT Broadband customers! BSkyB claims it is 'unfair' and is 'not good competition'.

Looks like Murdoch's cage has been well and truly rattled! BSkyB would never give its subscribers such a good deal!

It's about time BSkyB had a kick in the balls because it's been too dominant for far too long.

:fingers:

:mwave1:

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Not happy. Not sad. Somewhere in between

Posted on

Don't think Sky will get too far with that complaint tbh.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

That's interesting. I thought BTVision were just going to air their own games free of charge. Problem with BT Vision is it isn't HD.

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster
Current Mood: Puckish

Posted on

Got an email today. Me thinks it'll be option one that's pissing off Sky. Also my favoured option, as I don't particularly want to upgrade to Infinity as my basic Broadband is fast enough.

http://www.bt.com/sport/?s_cid=con_email_Infinity_Ogilvy_1408_CTAlower

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster

Posted on

scott , i thought you had sky tv at some point ? :confused:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Swing wrote:Got an email today. Me thinks it'll be option one that's pissing off Sky. Also my favoured option, as I don't particularly want to upgrade to Infinity as my basic Broadband is fast enough.

http://www.bt.com/sport/?s_cid=con_email_Infinity_Ogilvy_1408_CTAlower

If they had the F1 in HD I'd seriously think of swapping broadband supplier to BT, I got virtually no interest in football though.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:scott , i thought you had sky tv at some point ? :confused:

I am a Sky subscriber and I am appalled that Sky is throwing its weight around just because it's been given a taste of its own medicine. This might make Sky start treating its subscribers better and start giving them fair deals.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

:rolleyes:

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

get bt vision then :doh:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Why would I get BT Vision when I already have Sky and Sky Broadband? :rolleyes:

If Sky wants to keep loyal customers then it needs to start treating them better. I can't get Virgin Media where I live so I have no alternative.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Why would I get BT Vision when I already have Sky and Sky Broadband? :rolleyes:

If Sky wants to keep loyal customers then it needs to start treating them better. I can't get Virgin Media where I live so I have no alternative.

yet you slate BSkyB ??? WTF you can get BT vision plus the BT broadband services . Hypocrite !

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

As a paying subscriber I have the right to slate Sky - and I'm not the only person who does it :rolleyes:

It does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite. You need to look up the word because you're banding it around but don't have a clue what it means .

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

BT vision is pretty shit when compared to Sky. Saying that they don't charge anywhere near as much. Sky prices are getting out of hand. Think we pay 65 quid for TV minus a 9 quid discount (for 10 months) for threatening to cancel sports and movies. If it was up to me I'd cancel the lot, but she who must be obeyed etc etc :)

Broadband from Sky is reasonable, £7.50/month for an unlimited ADSL connection or £20/month for an unlimited 40Mb fibre connection.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:BT vision is pretty shit when compared to Sky. Saying that they don't charge anywhere near as much. Sky prices are getting out of hand. Think we pay 65 quid for TV minus a 9 quid discount (for 10 months) for threatening to cancel sports and movies. If it was up to me I'd cancel, but she who must be obeyed etc etc :)

Sky recently gave me Sky Movies free for 6 months and half price for the remaining 6 (about £8 a month). Now the football season is over I'm cancelling Sky Sports until September!

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:
Resonance wrote:BT vision is pretty shit when compared to Sky. Saying that they don't charge anywhere near as much. Sky prices are getting out of hand. Think we pay 65 quid for TV minus a 9 quid discount (for 10 months) for threatening to cancel sports and movies. If it was up to me I'd cancel, but she who must be obeyed etc etc :)

Sky recently gave me Sky Movies free for 6 months and half price for the remaining 6 (about £8 a month). Now the football season is over I'm cancelling Sky Sports until September!

Don't forget you have to give 31 days notice to downgrade now Scott. So plan ahead.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

This could be the game changer for them though if people aren't bothered with HD for live broadcast. Theoretically you could get super-fast Infinity, Sky Sports 1&2 and BTSport 1&2 for a lot less than BSkyB and Sky broadband. Basically the only thing that's stopping me is Sky Atlantic, HD and I'm already getting 14.5 MB to the house with BT on their normal broadband.

- Larry Love.

Smegster

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:As a paying subscriber I have the right to slate Sky - and I'm not the only person who does it :rolleyes:

It does not make me or anyone else a hypocrite. You need to look up the word because you're banding it around but don't have a clue what it means .

scott , a hypocrite is someone who says one thing yet goes against what they are saying and in the meantime still carries on whining about things they HATE ... you make no sense man ... you HATE sky , murdoch yet you use it . ok you can't get virgin media , so why not ditch sky and get BT services instead :shrug:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
Scott Nelson wrote:As a paying subscriber I have the right to slate Sky - and I'm not the only person who does it :rolleyes:

scott , a hypocrite is someone who says one thing yet goes against what they are saying and in the meantime still carries on whining about things they HATE ... you make no sense man ... you HATE sky , murdoch yet you use it . ok you can't get virgin media , so why not ditch sky and get BT services instead :shrug:

Will you just fuck off and stop being a moron? You're ruining this threat win your childishness.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Swing wrote:

This could be the game changer for them though if people aren't bothered with HD for live broadcast. Theoretically you could get super-fast Infinity, Sky Sports 1&2 and BTSport 1&2 for a lot less than BSkyB and Sky broadband. Basically the only thing that's stopping me is Sky Atlantic, HD and I'm already getting 14.5 MB to the house with BT on their normal broadband.

True, but Sky do have a shit load more channels. It just depends what you watch whether Sky is worth the extra I guess. To me it isn't really, to the wife it probably is because she watches loads of stuff, especially on Sky Atlantic, Sky One, Fox, SyFi and Sky movie channels. I really only watch the cricket and some documentaries on the pay channels. Most of the time I find I watch the free channels.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
Scott Nelson wrote:

Don't forget you have to give 31 days notice to downgrade now Scott. So plan ahead.

I've just changed my package which, as you say, will take effect in 31 days time :)

Complete Nutter!!

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs