Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

BT in talks to buy EE for £12.5bn

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

BT in talks to buy EE for £12.5bn

I dunno waht EE is like for Mobiles, but it's a pile of crap for broadband. I switched ISPs for the first time in 16 years after EE took them over and it all went tits up. I went to BT, which has worked great ever since

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-30487285

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

They're very good as a mobile network. The best for data imo. 3G/4G coverage is miles ahead of O2/Vodafone.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I had three phones on contract from them. They were a bit on the dear side but the phone coverage was fine.

Though they cocked up transfer of my number when I moved away and they never did unlock my Samsung even though I paid them a fee.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:I had three phones on contract from them. They were a bit on the dear side but the phone coverage was fine.

Though they cocked up transfer of my number when I moved away and they never did unlock my Samsung even though I paid them a fee.

I had a spell on Tesco, who run on the O2 network. They were a lot cheaper than EE, but data coverage was just appalling. If you were outside a city or big town then you could forget any 3G coverage.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

I moved to Asda for PAYG - they use the EE network. With my low phone and data usage I pay about £4 per month rather than £24 (or whatever it was).

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

On right. Might have a look when my contract is up.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Don't know much about phones except o2 are worse than ever! I used to love o2 years ago and am still with them on pay and go cos we all are but my phone was fucking up so with my birthday money in August I decided to go to phones 4 u and get a new one.

They were trying to palm me off with Vodaphone telling me how great it was and £10 free but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of changing my number. They said they'd sell me a phone open to any network but they didn't deal wit o2 anymore as "they're skint and not upgrading any masts or anything" (Little did he know at the time phones 4 u were skint too :rofl: ).

People aren't getting my texts for ages and vice versa, folk thinking my phones off when they can't get through, a couple of years ago when my Granny died at 4am my Mum couldn't get through as my phone decided to keep going to voicemail despite the fact my phones never off! and lately no signal most of the time for internet or texts. Load of shit!

Trailer Trash

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:[headline]
I dunno waht EE is like for Mobiles, but it's a pile of crap for broadband.

They were crap for mobile service, T-Mobile got shot of a load of lawsuits when EE took them in.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

mecheller38 wrote:Don't know much about phones except o2 are worse than ever! I used to love o2 years ago and am still with them on pay and go cos we all are but my phone was fucking up so with my birthday money in August I decided to go to phones 4 u and get a new one.

They were trying to palm me off with Vodaphone telling me how great it was and £10 free but I couldn't be arsed with the hassle of changing my number. They said they'd sell me a phone open to any network but they didn't deal wit o2 anymore as "they're skint and not upgrading any masts or anything" (Little did he know at the time phones 4 u were skint too :rofl: ).

People aren't getting my texts for ages and vice versa, folk thinking my phones off when they can't get through, a couple of years ago when my Granny died at 4am my Mum couldn't get through as my phone decided to keep going to voicemail despite the fact my phones never off! and lately no signal most of the time for internet or texts. Load of shit!

You can keep your number when changing networks Mechs. Just ask your existing network for a PAC (port authority code), give it to your new network and the number is usually transferred the next day, or the day after (excluding weekends). My number has been on every network, starting on Vodafone in about 2002 I think.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Yes that's right Res I'd been first of all with one 2 one then whoever took them over,then T-Mobile.well same supplier since I got the phone in 97,when I changed to Virgin this year I kept my number,transferred all over in more or less a day.

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Dolls wrote:Yes that's right Res I'd been first of all with one 2 one then whoever took them over,then T-Mobile.well same supplier since I got the phone in 97,when I changed to Virgin this year I kept my number,transferred all over in more or less a day.

Yes, it's a lot quicker these days. Years ago the transfer used to take 5 working days. Now it's usually 1 or at the most 2.

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:They're very good as a mobile network. The best for data imo. 3G/4G coverage is miles ahead of O2/Vodafone.

In my opinion, EE is miles ahead of all the other networks in terms of a 4G network. It's a shame their prices for data are quite steep.

With regards to 3G, MBNL are the best - that's the mast sharing between EE and Three, if you didn't know.

O2 are quite poor for 3G coverage outside of densely populated areas, and Vodafone are fucking shit. There's a 16 mile stretch of road near us not covered by Vodafone.

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs