Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Would you pay to use BBC iPlayer?

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

he can fuck right off . fuckin twat ! (not you scott , osberk :D )

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

^^^^^ I agree with wots.:):

The Tories have always hated the BBC. They seem to think it is biased against them, though I've never spotted that at all. In the election they gave Cameron nice soft interviews and Miliband much harder ones, so I'd say it was the other way round really.

A lot of Tory back-benchers would like to see it privatised. Though I think that unlikely - the commercial channels wouldn't like the BBC taking big chunks of advertising revenue.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

No I fucking wouldn't

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118107
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:^^^^^ I agree with wots.:):

The Tories have always hated the BBC. They seem to think it is biased against them, though I've never spotted that at all. In the election they gave Cameron nice soft interviews and Miliband much harder ones, so I'd say it was the other way round really.

A lot of Tory back-benchers would like to see it privatised. Though I think that unlikely - the commercial channels wouldn't like the BBC taking big chunks of advertising revenue.


Actually it's neither. It depends on who the Elite want in office for the next term. Murdoch's Zio propaganda is the same. Note how he backed, Thatcher, then backed Blair, then backed Cameron

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118107
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:he can fuck right off . fuckin twat ! (not you scott , osberk :D )


:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118107
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

No, I would not willingly give BBC the steam off my wee wee.

THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.
Image
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST

User avatar
Super Smegster
Posts: 3086
Joined: Tue Jul 14, 2009 6:44 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Tetchy, Moving House

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I've just watched the Andrew Marr interview with Tosser Osborne. A surprising remark was "the BBC is efficiently run by Tony Hall". No details about iPlayer.

I got the impression from other articles that only non licence payers would be asked to stump up fees for iPlayer.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Just heard on the news that the law concerning the licence fee will be amended so that users of catch-up services only will be required to pay up.

Quite right too IMO. :): However I dunno how Crapita, the firm who collect it, will be able to enforce the new rules.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Zero pounds and zero pence.



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:Just heard on the news that the law concerning the licence fee will be amended so that users of catch-up services only will be required to pay up.

Quite right too IMO. :): However I dunno how Crapita, the firm who collect it, will be able to enforce the new rules.



IP addresses. The licensing goons will love it.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118107
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Of course I wouldn't pay to use the iPlayer. I don't use the iPlayer much anyway (especially when there's a record function on the tivo box we use!) and would use it even less if the BBC charged us to use it.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Midnightmemories wrote:Of course I wouldn't pay to use the iPlayer. I don't use the iPlayer much anyway (especially when there's a record function on the tivo box we use!) and would use it even less if the BBC charged us to use it.

you still need a licence if you record broadcasts

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

crumbs wrote:The BBC can go and fuck themselves, the fucking filthy Zionist wankstains.


My feelings entirely

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118107
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

seems it's going ahead in 2018/19

fucking wanky tosspots http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33422814

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:seems it's going ahead in 2018/19

fucking wanky tosspots http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/entertainment-arts-33422814

So they want to put up the price of a TV license AND make you pay to view the BBC iPlayer? Seriously?!

What a bunch of utter cesspools.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:
Midnightmemories wrote:Of course I wouldn't pay to use the iPlayer. I don't use the iPlayer much anyway (especially when there's a record function on the tivo box we use!) and would use it even less if the BBC charged us to use it.

you still need a licence if you record broadcasts

However, my family does indeed pay for a TV license at the moment, with the tivo box. if we decided to cancel all TVs, thus saving the license fee, then we wouldn't be able to use the TiVo box. but then we wouldn't be able to use the iPlayer after 2017? What utter cunts the BBC are.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Midnightmemories wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:
Midnightmemories wrote:Of course I wouldn't pay to use the iPlayer. I don't use the iPlayer much anyway (especially when there's a record function on the tivo box we use!) and would use it even less if the BBC charged us to use it.

you still need a licence if you record broadcasts

However, my family does indeed pay for a TV license at the moment, with the tivo box. if we decided to cancel all TVs, thus saving the license fee, then we wouldn't be able to use the TiVo box. but then we wouldn't be able to use the iPlayer after 2017? What utter cunts the BBC are.

yup

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest