Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Multiple email accounts on Vodafone-at-home

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

A group of us on a network just changed our ISP to Vodafone's vodafoneathome broadband, foolishly thinking that, like all other ISPs we've ever dealt with, we'd be able to keep our old email addresses; but no - Vodafone won't allow it. So now we need to set up multiple vodafone outgoing email accounts on the one broadband account. Does anyone at Smeggy's know how to do this? Vodafone's technical help people seem to be completely ignorant of all matters relating to broadband and email :banghead: .

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

just wondering, who did you have the email addresses with before? can you still access these email addresses via webmail or pop3 boxes using the pop3 settings of your old supplier or are they now wiped?

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

Lord Gumble wrote:just wondering, who did you have the email addresses with before? can you still access these email addresses via webmail or pop3 boxes using the pop3 settings of your old supplier or are they now wiped?

Plusnet

We can still download from Plusnet using the Vodafone broadband, but we can't send vie Plusnet, whereas before, when we were on other ISPs, we could do both. Now our problem is how to set up multiple accounts on Vodafone so that each person can "send and receive" on their Vodafone account without downloading everyone else's emails.

Loves The place!

Posted on

ThinBoy wrote:
Lord Gumble wrote:just wondering, who did you have the email addresses with before? can you still access these email addresses via webmail or pop3 boxes using the pop3 settings of your old supplier or are they now wiped?

Plusnet

We can still download from Plusnet using the Vodafone broadband, but we can't send vie Plusnet, whereas before, when we were on other ISPs, we could do both. Now our problem is how to set up multiple accounts on Vodafone so that each person can "send and receive" on their Vodafone account without downloading everyone else's emails.

Can you not set up an account with the plusnet outgoing mail server. Which will probably be something like smtp.plusnet.com

or am I missing something?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Misread the question somehow, so no new info here. :oops: :D

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
ThinBoy wrote:

Plusnet

Can you not set up an account with the plusnet outgoing mail server. Which will probably be something like smtp.plusnet.com

You'd think so, but vodafone doesn't allow it. :mad1:

Loves The place!

Posted on

ThinBoy wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
ThinBoy wrote:

Plusnet

You'd think so, but vodafone doesn't allow it. :mad1:

What? Not even in Outlook express email accounts?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Plusnet won't let me use tiscali as my sender. I don't know how you used to manage it???

I can put a tiscali address as reply, but have to send it from the Plusnet server. I think they all work like that.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

I found out that it might be a Port 25 blocking thing. Although Vodafone claim they do not block port 25, it looks very like they do, since the Windows Mail error message reports it as a port 25 error.

The Vodafone technical help people all said categorically that we could not send emails using another account over Vodafone broadband, but the moderators on the Vodafone forum website say that Vodafone DO allow mail to be sent via third party accounts. All very strange... :confused: :chin: :hmmm: :chin: :confused:
http://forum.vodafone.co.uk/index.php?showtopic=3436

Maybe they've got port 25 blocked by mistake.

Judging by Vodafone's forums a lot of people have this problem, and the moderators always start off as saying there shouldn't be a problem, but by the end of the thread they're all saying "you'll just have to send using the Vodafone account."

Still no help from Vadafone on how to set up multiple accounts or mailboxes...

Loves The place!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs