Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

No cable most of the weekend,but well done virgin.

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Where we live,the roads are being dug up to upgrade gas pipes,and as a result(i asume) we have been without cable for over 3 hours friday and from 3.50pm this afternoon till about 40 mins ago,(10 pm- ish)and not just tv,but internet and the phone.
I said to my wife,we are paying for a serive we are not getting this weekend,we pay £3.75 a month for free evening a weekend calls,and today we havent been able to use the phone at all,or watch movies with the kids(its far to cold to go out and its been raining all day).
So i thought i would ring virgin up 15 mins ago and waste my time in asking for some compeneation.i got an indian call centre,but he was very nice and credited our account by £5,which i was was very reasonable....would never have got that with sky.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Oh well done to you stinky! I'm with Virgin too and have had periods of down time in the past - I've never phoned for compensation though, but might do in future :thumb:

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Ours was off for about 15 hours once; I never thought to ask for compensation for it either. Thinking about it, you shouldn't have to; if the service is unavailable then you should automatically receive a reduction for it. Can't ever see that happening though. :x

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

virgin still owe me a fiver after i paid off a bill for my last marital home ...wont see it though have rung then several times about this

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

The last time we had cable the internet and TV wouldn't work for any more than 15 mins at a time. Seven engineers visits later they decided to completely change the cable ruining our wallpaper and skirting boards in the process, the last bloke left cable draped across the living room, went out to get a tool of some kind and never came back. :mad1:

Smegster

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs