Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Oi ! Essex Boys and other free Wifi Ligers

Terrestrial [Analogue and Freeview] TV, SKY, Cable, ISPs and any other method of supplying your media!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I was in the Golden Lion in Romford today and its got 3, free public Wifi networks covering it, and a decent juke box and decent beer, the Broadside was very well kept (or not, the speed it was moving across the bar, it was difficult to judge) Any other decent pubs out there with free Wifi connection?

Shall we turn this into the Wifi/Music/Beer thread? Find somewhere that covers all three and post :)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Scott Nelson wrote:I live 20 minutes away from Romford! You should have popped in for a quick one! :jester:


20 minutes from Romford can take you into anything from Bangla good times to In-bred Deliverence Badlands in my experiance :D




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I know someone in Wickford - does that count?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

User avatar
MILF
Posts: 11299
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Location: Always Argyll

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

loads of pubs in Brighton with free wi-fi access, the beach and several parks have wi-fi access too!




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wi-fi on the beach -

I cant decide whether its ultra civilised or ultra bohemian!

but,...only in Brighton!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

User avatar
MILF
Posts: 11299
Joined: Wed Jan 16, 2008 9:01 pm
Location: Always Argyll

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Whirliegig wrote:wi-fi on the beach -

I cant decide whether its ultra civilised or ultra bohemian!

but,...only in Brighton!


and during summer what do the students do?

Go on the beach to look for porn. They also go armed with phones and cameras. Any hot piece of flesh or just laughably unfashionable piece of flesh is photographed and uploaded to some site, for all to laugh at or get the horn!




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Whirliegig wrote:wi-fi on the beach -

I cant decide whether its ultra civilised or ultra bohemian!

but,...only in Brighton!


Either. But I bet there ain't a bar :)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bowker's cat wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:wi-fi on the beach -

I cant decide whether its ultra civilised or ultra bohemian!

but,...only in Brighton!


Either. But I bet there ain't a bar :)


Plenty of bars on the beach, you can surf with the surf and drink a pint!




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

staroffurby wrote:
Bowker's cat wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:wi-fi on the beach -

I cant decide whether its ultra civilised or ultra bohemian!

but,...only in Brighton!


Either. But I bet there ain't a bar :)


Plenty of bars on the beach, you can surf with the surf and drink a pint!


Smug Bastard. ;) BC retires in a huff, and then thinks less than an hour on the train, hmm :chin:
but then thinks, bet they don't sell decent bitter, It'll be all that overpriced continental lager stuff :chin:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bowker's cat wrote:
staroffurby wrote:
Plenty of bars on the beach, you can surf with the surf and drink a pint!


Smug Bastard. ;) BC retires in a huff, and then thinks less than an hour on the train, hmm :chin:
but then thinks, bet they don't sell decent bitter, It'll be all that overpriced continental lager stuff :chin:


75% is shit lager, but you can get good pint of bitter. As thats what i drink! Adams, Green King, Hobgoblin oh its all there :thumb: A little pricey i give you that!




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

staroffurby wrote:
Bowker's cat wrote:
staroffurby wrote:
Plenty of bars on the beach, you can surf with the surf and drink a pint!


Smug Bastard. ;) BC retires in a huff, and then thinks less than an hour on the train, hmm :chin:
but then thinks, bet they don't sell decent bitter, It'll be all that overpriced continental lager stuff :chin:


75% is shit lager, but you can get good pint of bitter. As thats what i drink! Adams, Green King, Hobgoblin oh its all there :thumb: A little pricey i give you that!


But is there a ready supply of decent bitter to be brought down to the seashore by waiters to where I'll be cooling my tootsies while keeping up with Smeggys in my deckchair? This may sound demanding but it's the least I expect. :D

Is the seashore at both low and high tide in Wifi range? this is obviously important before I organise an expedition to said Brighton.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bowker's cat wrote:But is there a ready supply of decent bitter to be brought down to the seashore by waiters to where I'll be cooling my tootsies while keeping up with Smeggys in my deckchair? This may sound demanding but it's the least I expect. :D

Is the seashore at both low and high tide in Wifi range? this is obviously important before I organise an expedition to said Brighton.


several of the bars have waiter surface, in the summer hot girls in very little at your service. The other option is the city centre is almost on the seafront so buy your own and you get twice as much as its cheaper!




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Well Guernsey Airport, Guernsey Harbor have FREE wifi spots. Most decent pubs in town have free wifi as well. The best one has to be our local supermarket though.... Ripped out the internet café and installed a Costa Coffee. You had to pay for 30 mins+ to use the networked PC's in the cafe, but now????? check this out!!!

I bought 30 bags of coal.... what did they give me at the tiop of the reciept??

A WIFI KEY lol!!!!

Image

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

User avatar
Resident Alcoholic
Posts: 6337
Joined: Thu Oct 02, 2008 4:13 pm
Location: Southampton
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Wooh. Tell me the Imperial's got a free public network and I'm there mate. :)



(Personally I'm not convinced they've got a telephone or running water,but they've got a certain style :D )




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bowker's cat wrote:I was in the Golden Lion in Romford today and its got 3, free public Wifi networks covering it, and a decent juke box and decent beer, the Broadside was very well kept (or not, the speed it was moving across the bar, it was difficult to judge) Any other decent pubs out there with free Wifi connection?

Shall we turn this into the Wifi/Music/Beer thread? Find somewhere that covers all three and post :)




BC is the Golden Lion opposite the pie and mash shop?? (Bottom of the Market)



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35407
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yeah Dolls, big old white pub on the corner.




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Bowker's cat wrote:Yeah Dolls, big old white pub on the corner.




Yeah that was the one I was thinking of.



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35407
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Whirliegig wrote:I know someone in Wickford - does that count?


I used to go out with a girl who lived in Harold Hill, does that count. :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118892
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Media Providers and ISPs

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 16 guests

cron