Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Sex, Lies and ...Photoshop

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I guess this is thread sorta on the back of the "Child Beauty Pagents" thread, or should I say it's something that seems related to the extent that it was a comment on that thread made by Ariane (see below) that got me thinking about how it's not just those poor kids in the photos that are airbrushed to death, and made to look more like barbie dolls than real little children...

Ariane Wrote:
This child was so imperfect, she had to be made up AND her photo retouched:

I watched a video on the NY Times Videos called "Sex, Lies and Photoshop" - "Why magazines should let readers know if images have been retouched" this morning. The video was calling for the Media to be forced to clearly state whenever a photo or video has been airbrushed or otherwise "touched up" (Video HERE: http://video.nytimes.com/video/2009/03/ ... oshop.html).

Are people everywhere aspiring to an image of themselves that's completely unrealistic?

In my opinion the answer to that is a resounding YES!!!!!

"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

Haunting Beauty
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Posted on

Great thread.

here's the classic ...

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I recall seeing a site some time ago where a PS expert showed before and after shots of women and it was a real eye-opener. I was gobsmacked at how much work was done on images to perfect them. Some sites which show you the before and after effects oh PSing with just a mouseover.....

http://glennferon.com/portfolio1/index.html
http://www.iwanexstudio.com/ click on portfolio, then an image and mouse over it...

We always were aspiring to look in ways that were unrealistic for most mere mortals - now it seems that even that isn't enough. I'm pretty sure that films are Videoshopped too. (Avid Videoshop was the one of, if not THE, first serious video editing app for professional users, not sure what it is nowadays).

Nice post ghosts! And scary film!

I have to say though that PS is just so darned addictive that I'm not surprised people get carried away using it! ;)

Posted on

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:

she looked cute before the photoshop work... that guy went overboard. She ended up looking pale and skanky.

noobywoobyscoobydooby
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: unknown

Return to Lifestyle