Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Photography!!!

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

We've actually got one of these, which cost us over £400 some years ago. It's only 4mp but does take pretty good photos.

Sony DSC-P9

The downer with it, apart from the lack of memory is the responsiveness is crap and the battery power is fucking crap. Not only would it only last for a few pics it would take a couple of milleniums to charge up the flash, which meant a lot of embarrassing waits when people were posing for shots at parties.

It's worth about £10 if that these days

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Hope he enjoys it, LLC! I was looking at Nikons before I bought my Canon.

Having never used a DSLR before it, I can definitely say they're the way to go; I loooove mine now! They're amazingly easy to get to grips with. It'll be second nature to him before he knows it!

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:My dad is getting this for Christmas
The Nikon D3000
Why he needs it though is beyond my imagination as he can barely operate a normal camera!

Cool :)

Is he getting into photography? Tell him he's welcome to join up and come and talk nerdy photography with us!!! :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

And as No chance says DSLRs have modes which are really simple to use. Pretty much point and shoot. The benifots of them is that they have more complicated functions which are their ready when you are ready to use them.

I often go into idiot proof mode when I just want to snap and not worry about settings and stuff. capture the moment and all that :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
The Nikon D3000
Why he needs it though is beyond my imagination as he can barely operate a normal camera!

Is he getting into photography? Tell him he's welcome to join up and come and talk nerdy photography with us!!! :)

Hes not very computer friendly either and not into forums. Im not sure, he just reallys wants one and has done for ages. He will probably start taking nature photos etc. Its his christmas pressie from me, my mum and sister. Getting it in the next few days so will have tons of christmas pictures! :D

Sweetheart
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
The Nikon D3000

Hes not very computer friendly either and not into forums. Im not sure, he just reallys wants one and has done for ages. He will probably start taking nature photos etc. Its his christmas pressie from me, my mum and sister. Getting it in the next few days so will have tons of christmas pictures! :D

Nice one. he won't regret it and it's a cool pressie from you guys!!! Make sure the first picture he takes with it is of you 3 altogether!!! :thumb:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

He was hinting at the d5000 but it was too dear and too complicated so were getting the D3000 and he can upgrade in a few years if he wants.

Sweetheart
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

This is a reason why we should stand up against the current establishment trend to discourage Street photography.

What is a banal shot today is fascinating in over 100 years time ....

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Another great shot from Northampton:

Click on image for full size:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Another great shot from Northampton:

Click on image for full size:

Which one's Stinky? :D

I love shots like that and the other one. Like you say, what probably looked mundane then is fascinating now. I love random shots of streets/roads and town centres and stuff. They change that often that the pics will be fascinating after only a couple of years in some cases.

smeggypants wrote:This is a reason why we should stand up against the current establishment trend to discourage Street photography.

They can discourage me all they like, I won't listen. I enjoy my hobby and I won't let some tinfoil tosser tell me I shouldn't be taking pictures of a street on which a few years ago I could photograph all day if I wanted with no-one bothering me.

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

I love those type piccies, I have a book on my area and there are some gorgeous photos in there , from all the decades, Its great when you look at a picture of your area say over 100 yrs ago.

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

It's quite sad that you know that everyone in the photo is now dead. :(

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Well that's a weight off my mind!! I managed to clean the muck off my camera's sensor yesterday using some swabs and claening fluid that was delivered on x-mas eve. Phew!!!

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Previous

Return to Lifestyle