Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

If you were to emigrate, where to?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

And they all speak English. And they have very nice cafés. Hmmmmm, maybe I might have another alternative.........

LN

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

you are right Holland is fab - and on the speaking English front too.

I was there recently, I have never felt so welcome, and at the same time fabulously exotic in my life!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Emigration ? Good question. :chin:

I was thinking of Europa or Mars but I'd move to Hawaii if the unlikely happened and the Hawaiians decided to regain independence. :finger:

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Like Ted Rogers but funny

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:canada whirls ???? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you'd end up like annie :rofl:

Meaning ????? :howl: what is it pick on Annie night :rofl: pssst I know where you live ;) :D

Posted on

annie27 wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:canada whirls ???? nahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh, you'd end up like annie :rofl:

Meaning ????? :howl: what is it pick on Annie night :rofl: pssst I know where you live ;) :D

yeah it is :rofl:
ere you ain't one of my creditors and sold my address have you :hmmm: :hmmm: :rofl: :rofl:
in which case you can bugger off, because i was declared bankrupt in march this year :coffee: :squeeze:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Austraila as it hot and sunny and I have family there.

Sweetheart

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Austraila as it hot and sunny and I have family there.

yes LLC ,the criminal records show that :D :squeeze:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:

:rofl: Hey have you been looking at my family tree :hmmm: :D

Sweetheart

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:

No just your bush!

:hyenas: :hyenas: :hyenas:

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Smeggy ...really :spank: :D

back on subject CORFU ....the sunny Isle of the rich and evil :D

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Little_Law_Chick wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:

No just your bush!

:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: Really! :spank:

Sweetheart

Posted on

Little_Law_Chick wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
Little_Law_Chick wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:

No just your bush!

:spank: :spank: :spank: :spank: Really! :spank:

Well I thought it was nice ...

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I could go Hawaiian, but you have to consider that it's very isolated, and if you want to go for a road trip, you're not going to be gone for much more than a couple of hours. I've lived in Southern Florida. I liked living there. I didn't like the humidity or the giant insects. I did like going for moonlit drives with the top down...a lot.

I could go Australian. They sort of speak a similar language, and there are a ton of poisonous species. My pick would be Perth, because I like the city, but I could also see myself in place like Darwin. Tasmania looks really nice, too. We actually know a few people in New Zealand...

Canada...I know a lot about Canada...there's only one place I could live there: Vancouver. Everywhere else is too damn cold. Vancouver is beautiful. It is right by the sea, the mountains rise up all around her, and the countryside is spectacular and filled with a wonderful matrix of wild animals, fauna and flora. It is also close to Seattle and Portland, as well, which is a big bonus because I have family in both cities.

Those would be my picks. I could have said London, but it seems like it would be so much more of exactly what we have now.

not so noobywooby

Posted on

Interesting how hardly anyone is selecting Europe.

I spent a few weeks in "Vancwooover" and ended up screaming to get back to my western-european roots. I honestly thought the place was over-rated and the only thing that genuinely impressed me was the abundance of sushi everywhere! Nice people and everything but it felt like a place that couldn't find an identity or have a sense of its own roots. Too close to the States as well.

LN

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:I could go Hawaiian, but you have to consider that it's very isolated, and if you want to go for a road trip, you're not going to be gone for much more than a couple of hours. I've lived in Southern Florida. I liked living there. I didn't like the humidity or the giant insects. I did like going for moonlit drives with the top down...a lot.

I could go Australian. They sort of speak a similar language, and there are a ton of poisonous species. My pick would be Perth, because I like the city, but I could also see myself in place like Darwin. Tasmania looks really nice, too. We actually know a few people in New Zealand...

Canada...I know a lot about Canada...there's only one place I could live there: Vancouver. Everywhere else is too damn cold. Vancouver is beautiful. It is right by the sea, the mountains rise up all around her, and the countryside is spectacular and filled with a wonderful matrix of wild animals, fauna and flora. It is also close to Seattle and Portland, as well, which is a big bonus because I have family in both cities.

Those would be my picks. I could have said London, but it seems like it would be so much more of exactly what we have now.

Once upon a time .....like me in the early 80s when I took off to Canada after Maggie was wrecking the joint ....all of your choices are now in the control of the Globalists ...Globalisation is a nasty thing and reduces our options ...and they know it ..a new world order is happening .....if you let it ;)

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Interesting how hardly anyone is selecting Europe.

I spent a few weeks in "Vancwooover" and ended up screaming to get back to my western-european roots. I honestly thought the place was over-rated and the only thing that genuinely impressed me was the abundance of sushi everywhere! Nice people and everything but it felt like a place that couldn't find an identity or have a sense of its own roots. Too close to the States as well.

LN

Well Switzerland is one of my top places. As is Holland.

Scandinavia is not to be sniffed at either. Norway is a fucking beautiful place and like Holland isn't contaminated with a Christian negative obsession over sex and nudity. I could happily live in Norway.

There are a lot of regions of Italy, France, Germany, Portugal and Spain that are nice too.

And although it's not emigration as such there are some beautiful places in the UK too.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I haven't said my prefs yet.

First choice would have to be France. Some of you will think that is bizarre and I can actually understand that! The thing with France is that they do things well that we do badly and it is some of those things that make me mad about this country - health, public transport, food, respect for culture, attitude towards ethnicity, architecture and more. Plus on a sexist note, the women know how to present themselves better - let's not forget France's contribution towards the bedroom lexicon! :D

My next choice would be Holland. I am probably better suited to that country than France but I consider France to be more balanced. I also think I might lose it in Holland with too many temptations.

At a pinch, I could consider Japan - very admirably place in some respects.

Regarding new-world countries like the States, Canada, Australia and others, I could never go there unless given a massive financial incentive. The States in particular have given us some amazing things over the last 100 years or so but there are some aspects of their society that make my skin crawl. I could never ever live there excpet under duress. Canada is more neutral. I like the way they look down on the Americans but they need to juice it up a little themselves. Australia just doesn't appeal to me. I don't really know what there is except poisonous animals and big open landscapes. Given their greatest cultural export is Dame Edna, that says enough about Australia for me!!!! ;)

LN

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

LordNibbler wrote:Regarding new-world countries like the States, Canada, Australia and others, I could never go there unless given a massive financial incentive. The States in particular have given us some amazing things over the last 100 years or so but there are some aspects of their society that make my skin crawl. I could never ever live there excpet under duress.

There seems to be a decidedly negative aspect towards Americans on this board. I personally find it offensive. Sure, I know plenty of things that are wrong with this country, but you don't live here and you don't really know what it is like to live here. Therefore, your antagonism towards us is rather prejudiced. I doubt you know many of us, or maybe *any* of us. So, as far as I am concerned, your "opinion" is just prejudice.

Canada is more neutral. I like the way they look down on the Americans but they need to juice it up a little themselves.

And here it is in it's full glory. You like the way they look down on us. What a wanker.

Ciao. I don't need to waste my time where I'm going to feel unwelcome and insulted every time I visit. You Brits feel free to carry on.

not so noobywooby

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:
LordNibbler wrote:Regarding new-world countries like the States, Canada, Australia and others, I could never go there unless given a massive financial incentive. The States in particular have given us some amazing things over the last 100 years or so but there are some aspects of their society that make my skin crawl. I could never ever live there excpet under duress.

There seems to be a decidedly negative aspect towards Americans on this board. I personally find it offensive. Sure, I know plenty of things that are wrong with this country, but you don't live here and you don't really know what it is like to live here. Therefore, your antagonism towards us is rather prejudiced. I doubt you know many of us, or maybe *any* of us. So, as far as I am concerned, your "opinion" is just prejudice.

Canada is more neutral. I like the way they look down on the Americans but they need to juice it up a little themselves.

And here it is in it's full glory. You like the way they look down on us. What a wanker.

Ciao. I don't need to waste my time where I'm going to feel unwelcome and insulted every time I visit. You Brits feel free to carry on.

I have lived in America ...its full of great people ...I have two passports UK and Canadian again both full of fine people ...Dont think the remarks are against the populace ....just the Governments and policies ...and ours is just as shit as any if not worse
Please stay and have your say :squeeze: no one here intended to offend you I am sure .... :thumb:

Posted on

Lord Snarebottom wrote:

one of the reasons Id be inclined to emigrate is to give my kids better chances than I think they might have here, or different opportunities at least.

Its too late for me really, but I'd like them to be braver in their life choices than I have been.

If I had more get-up-and-go I would have got up and gone before now, but I havent, and i wasnt encouraged to break out by my own conservative ( small c, parents)

However, I m very taken with the idea of a sports scholarship in the states for my eldest son. he is now 13 and plays youth football and although its too early to say what his future holds, his talents could take him on a great adventure to America and "soccer" where I think the world would kind of be his oyster. I would miss him dreadfully, but I think he could have a great life.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle