Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

So what are your hobbies?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

(Genuine ones, not the ones on your CV to impress employers with ;) )

Chess - I play to a fairly high club standard. Was school champion. Won best of age group prize in a tournament when I was about 14. Played at university. Now play occasionally on Facebook, and Yahoo once in a while but I don't like going there 'cos of all the cheats

Stamp collecting - got a stamp album for my 8th birthday, that was how it started. Got quite a nice but modest collection. Not avid now, but I always make sure I keep any new stamps I receive. Sadly a lot of mail are franked now with those stupid boring printed sticky labels. It's going to be the death of casual stamp-collecting I fear.

Music - I play piano to a competent fairly high standard. Started when i was about 8.

I have a few other hobbies too but that's enough for now :)

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Hobbies well there is the internet that is my biggest hobby!

I write plays,short stories and poems.

I am a kitten dad. That takes quite a lot of time of my day up. She has got so big now.

I used to play the piano.

I used to horse ride and ski. No one I know locally is interested in doing either.

"Where there's tea there's hope"

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

Hobbies, hmm...
I used to play the violin and was stand in fiddler in a ceilidh band (if the real fiddler couldn't make it I got called up), but I don't play any more.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Posting on forums and subsequently building forums :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I've got no hobbies apart from gaming :( :cry:
I really wanna get into photography but I have no idea how to go about it :doh:

nooby
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

ryanwilliams479 wrote:I've got no hobbies apart from gaming :( :cry:

I got a camera first,then used my kitten as my muse.

"Where there's tea there's hope"

On a roll!

Posted on

ryanwilliams479 wrote:I've got no hobbies apart from gaming :( :cry:

You could probably do an evening course in photography at your local college?

My brother did one a bit ago and has taken some fantastic photographs (of wildlife etc)

He was a pain in the backside at Chrismas though - trying to set up arty-farty shots unstead of just letting the kids open their pressies! :roll: :D

Posted on

Reading, watching football and posting on forums

Do not disturb the sleeping one

not so noobywooby

Posted on

photography, horse riding, walking, shopping

not so noobywooby
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Watching Sports, playing computer games, drinking :oops: and posting on forums :oops:

Posted on

Apart from the internet, I sketch, program and play my synths (learned on piano but was always more interested in electronic music), listen to music most of every day, compose music, watch countless films, read lots of books and SCUBA diving.

noobywooby

Posted on

Reading, playing guitar and a bit of drums, painting, jewellery making, soap making, card making, holistic therapies, (I'm about to become a Reiki Master) crystals, the internet, meditation, glittery things. :)

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

Music is the main one as most people here know oh too well. Anything within reason from 1950 - now. Paranormal I have studied the paranormal since age 16, gone on ghost walks, researched particpated in many aspects both on the logical and illogicaL Side of reasoning about the paranormal. Computers I am quite good with computers. Reading, internet, films & some tv.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Hobbies, I can do hobbies;

I collect ZOIDS. A lot of people might not know what they, but some will. I used to collect them because putting them together was so much fun, and took up a lot of time.

ALIENS / PREDATOR memorabilia. Got loads of them from the recent and past movies. Just always loved ALIENS. And I have all the films except for the newest one of course.

STAR WARS. Yep, I collect those too. Got most of the 12" figures, all scattered around my "Interests and Entertainment" room. :) Even got some of the lightsabers. :cool1:

Books. I read books all the time, got the entire Star Wars collection, James Patterson, Karen Traviss, Timothy Zahn, some Steve Perry and other books, including Aliens and Predator ones, Farscape and a some collective information books. Read Bitten by Kelley Armstrong, it is pretty cool.

I also collected some small Star Trek ships. I know, a Trekkie and a Star Wars fan. Ouch. :splif:

Super Smegsterwegsta
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I have a great many hobbies but one of my main ones is cross stitching, you'll always find me with a sewing needle in hand when I am not online! :pp:

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun

Posted on

CandyPink wrote:I have a great many hobbies but one of my main ones is cross stitching, you'll always find me with a sewing needle in hand when I am not online! :pp:

You and my nan would get on so well. I have a mountain of her cross stitch pictures plastered around the house and in my bedroom.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

smokey_rick wrote:You and my nan would get on so well. I have a mountain of her cross stitch pictures plastered around the house and in my bedroom.

Aww thats lovely, I love to make cross stitch pictures for my friends and family, got a fair few hanging around the house - just busy completing one huge one at the moment, will be pleased when its finished, will be an accomplishment!

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun

Posted on

CandyPink wrote:
smokey_rick wrote:You and my nan would get on so well. I have a mountain of her cross stitch pictures plastered around the house and in my bedroom.

Aww thats lovely, I love to make cross stitch pictures for my friends and family, got a fair few hanging around the house - just busy completing one huge one at the moment, will be pleased when its finished, will be an accomplishment!

awww bless you. I buy her all her stuff she has little left in life now, It is only now after 10 month's now what I pm'd you about on the other forum is being dealt with she has finally taken an interest again. Since she seems to be taking more interest I am encouraging her by telling her the things she would impress her favourite grandson with lol.I love pictures for my wall that people have made for me, my friend made me a few too

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Sculpting, reading, walking, massage-therapy, and dancing Argentine tango... :jig:

Posted on

I enjoy baking, old fashioned WI coffee morning stuff. I love old cook books from the fifties and buy them up when I find them in junk shops. The handy hosewife baking tips are great - and I just love the nostalgia.

I'm especially looking for the Lofty Peaks Recipe Book, if anyone has one kicking around ( Lofty Peaks was/is the own brand flour from the Scottish Co-op). I want to find the recipe for Florence Cake ( an old family favourite), and I know this book has it!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Next

Return to Lifestyle