Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

So what are your hobbies?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Reading, knitting (though just the basics...haven't knitted in a while though :( ) editing Wikipedia (not on a major scale, just like typos, grammar etc), and I used to write poetry and short fics. But my muse ran away around 2006 and is still AWOL. :nono:

Image I smile cos I have no idea what's going on. :)
Warning: Is liable to talk a load of s*** at any time of day. Approach with caution. Image

Hooked
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Reading and PC stuff mainly.

"Come on you bastard, fly!" - Rod Hull

Loves The place!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:enjoy baking, old fashioned WI coffee morning stuff. I love old cook books from the fifties and buy them up when I find them in junk shops. The handy hosewife baking tips are great - and I just love the nostalgia.

I'm especially looking for the Lofty Peaks Recipe Book, if anyone has one kicking around ( Lofty Peaks was/is the own brand flour from the Scottish Co-op). I want to find the recipe for Florence Cake ( an old family favourite), and I know this book has it!

I know an old post, couldn't find Lofty Peaks Recipe Book, seems quite rare. See if this fits the bill

http://www.bigoven.com/166541-Granny-Sm ... ecipe.html

Bloodguard

ImageLife is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. Image

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

“Oh no....he's awake!!”’

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride

Really Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: Bored

Posted on

Hobbies?

Web design and beer!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

hurachai wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:enjoy baking, old fashioned WI coffee morning stuff. I love old cook books from the fifties and buy them up when I find them in junk shops. The handy hosewife baking tips are great - and I just love the nostalgia.

I'm especially looking for the Lofty Peaks Recipe Book, if anyone has one kicking around ( Lofty Peaks was/is the own brand flour from the Scottish Co-op). I want to find the recipe for Florence Cake ( an old family favourite), and I know this book has it!

I know an old post, couldn't find Lofty Peaks Recipe Book, seems quite rare. See if this fits the bill

http://www.bigoven.com/166541-Granny-Sm ... ecipe.html

Bloodguard

haha! thats it! :D Brill!!!! :elephant:

except - it shouldnt have currants in it - that makes it Albert Cake.

I notice its filed under Scottish Cooking too. :)

thanks for that. really! :) :) :) brilliant find. Ive got a big grin on!

Im going to make it tomorrow! :yippee:

it should have white icing with a glace cherry in the middle. :)

eta...ive just found a picture of Albert Cake (looks the same as Florence Cake, because you cant see the currants in the mixture)

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:eta...ive just found a picture of Albert Cake (looks the same as Florence Cake, because you cant see the currants in the mixture)

I guess I'd to go with Florence then. I can't stand dried fruit.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

except - it shouldnt have currants in it - that makes it Albert Cake.

I notice its filed under Scottish Cooking too.

thanks for that. really! brilliant find. Ive got a big grin on!

Im going to make it tomorrow!

Glad the basis recipie was OK, back to the jokes section where my home will be I guess.

Bloodguard
Stephen Donaldson ( interested http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk/d/stephen-donaldson/

I recommend the above comparible to " Lord Of The Rings"

ImageLife is short! Break the rules! Forgive quickly! Kiss slowly! Love truly, Laugh uncontrollably. Image

Live your life in such a way that when your feet hit the floor in the morning, Satan shudders & says...

“Oh no....he's awake!!”’

"Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - strawberries in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and screaming - WOO HOO! What a Ride

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

its an unusual (odd? :hmmm: ) cake, because its a sponge inside a pastry outer layer.

Dont hide away in jokes, now.... :cheers:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:its an unusual (odd? :hmmm: ) cake, because its a sponge inside a pastry outer layer.

Seems not to View by many when I start posting. Smeggy , went for tails, Damn should have been heads ................................................more will follow

“Oh no....he's awake!!”’

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

hurachai wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:its an unusual (odd? :hmmm: ) cake, because its a sponge inside a pastry outer layer.

Seems not to View by many when I start posting. Smeggy , went for tails, Damn should have been heads ................................................more will follow

eh? :)

My hobbies are running the forum. I don't have much energy for anything else these days with my fatigue.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

Tonight my hobbies? getting plastered and doing a few more websites.

No rest for the wicked a? smegster??

oh and being a penis on smeggys.co.uk!!

ROCK ON SMEGGY!!!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

Barney Gumble wrote:Tonight my hobbies? getting plastered and doing a few more websites.

A few more? how many do you do?

No rest for the wicked a? smegster??

oh and being a penis on smeggys.co.uk!!

ROCK ON SMEGGY!!!

Why thankyou Sir Barney :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

i used to make model aircraft ...taught my step g/son how as well...oh and i can do origami i learnt that as a kid thanks to robert hardin in the 70's

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

hobbies.....well....it used to be footy, now i just watch it, due to my dodgy knees. otherwise it's the internet, basically - i like/use facebook, bebo and myspace. oh and of course, this place! in the summer i go on bike rides along redcar beach if i'm not working and can be bothered to do so :rofl:

PA to Jez Kyle
Current Mood: run down, fed up

Posted on

Well tonight my hobby [challenge] is to get through a case of export, annoy my mates on Arsebook, and try finish decorating.

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

Getting drunk an abusing whinny moaning pricks on D/S

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

sounds like a plan Mike!

Resident Alcoholic

Posted on

My Hobbies are mostly listening to music, playing video games, surfing the internet and creating stuff through adobe now and again.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Previous

Return to Lifestyle