Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Do you buy into labels?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I used to be quite label conscious but not really anymore. I go for what I actually like & quality & within budget, regardless of label. If I do wear label designer-wear, that's probably more of a coincidence thing.

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

No I am not interested in labels, although if I find one in TK Maxxs clearance rail I'm quite pleased (more at the bargain really) - but I won't touch anything with an obviously visible logo on it

But I do buy Birkenstocks....

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Not these days.

I did have a pair of Versace knickers. Someone "knicked" them off my washing line in Ibiza.

"Where there's tea there's hope"

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

No, I will not bow to the silly label fetish that's taken the world. My motto: if it fits, I wear it. Life is so much simpler this way.

On three rolls!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I tend to go for what I like... whether or not what I like happens to belong to a designer label is incidental. It only matters if it's too expensive in which case I have to evaluate it's worthiness a bit more in depth before breaking the bank.

Really Hooked!

Posted on

when i can afford to i will buy the odd label

not so noobywooby
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

I do I do! Maybe this is because I work in TK Maxx and get all the bargains lol

nooby

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:No I am not interested in labels, although if I find one in TK Maxxs clearance rail I'm quite pleased (more at the bargain really) - but I won't touch anything with an obviously visible logo on it

I do like Birkenstocks too. Took me ages to wear the sandals in, though, given that I can only wear them one day a year here.

On three rolls!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

No, im not into labels. Also - you tend to have to be quite small (size 10 ish) to be able to look good in a designer label. Alas - my size 16 arse wouldn't cope.

I like to follow fashion, but cheap fashion. I like to be able to wear something for the season - and then throw it out / wear it to walk the dog. If i bought a jacket that cost £300, i would feel obliged to keep it forever.

nooby

Posted on

Sing.dfeemtoon wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:No I am not interested in labels, although if I find one in TK Maxxs clearance rail I'm quite pleased (more at the bargain really) - but I won't touch anything with an obviously visible logo on it

I do like Birkenstocks too. Took me ages to wear the sandals in, though, given that I can only wear them one day a year here.

I wear mine most of the year round - with socks :eek4: ok, not cool but If its stripey socks I think its ok....isn't it? :whistler:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I'm not into buying labels either. What good is a label? It won't even cover your thumb..... :pp:

Ahhhhhhhh, I see what you mean now! No, I'm not one for buying into labels either. A mate of mine is; he has designer everything. I couldn't care less what brand my jeans are as long as they don't disintegrate in the street. Again.

Misanthropic Trucker

Posted on

No Chance wrote:I'm not into buying labels either. What good is a label? It won't even cover your thumb..... :pp:

Ahhhhhhhh, I see what you mean now! No, I'm not one for buying into labels either. A mate of mine is; he has designer everything. I couldn't care less what brand my jeans are as long as they don't disintegrate in the street. Again.

haha is there an embarrassing story in there that you'd like to share? ;)

I don't buy into labels either. I've pretty much always been too big to be able to, whether I wanted to or not. But even back in my youth when I was slim, I always preferred to buy cheap stuff that I'd not care if I only wore once. Maybe I'd think differently if I had more money, who knows. :chin:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I rarely buy designer labels for two reasons:-

1) I'm skint
2) They don't cater for tall women

(Having long legs is a nightmare when it comes to buying clothes!)

Posted on

I do not.

I remember going shopping with a freind to one of those designer outlet places where they stocked both designer and non designer clothes.....

... anyway, I picked a pair of jeans off the rail, held then to myself and said to my freind ... "what do you think of these? How do they LOOK?"

She said .... "who made them?" so I looked at the label and it was a never heard of brand ... my friend said ... "Naaaaa ... don't like them".

How on EARTH does a label change the way a garment LOOKS?????

If they'd've been designer she would have loved them!!!!

Madness. :doh:

Posted on

Too be honest i am suspicious of anyone that insists on buying labels. Having known several label junkies is like they are buying these items to hide an insecurity, when they should be dealing with the insecurity head on.

Years ago when i was a teenager i could have been accused of being a label junkie. I was really into my skateboarding (skated in a team and appeared on Blue Peter :oops: ) so i would wear Airwalk, Vans, etc... The only thing was when i was a teenager none of these names meant anything, unlike today. Actually i remember them being very hard to find years ago. Today its just wearing something i feel comfortable in, normally quite colourful (like my hair). The only time i choose a label is when it comes to footwear. I really think looking after your feet is important, so something that is well made and comfortable comes out top. Sadly from years of wearing skate shoes its either them or Doctor Martins for me.

Posted on

I used to buy a load of the Designer Labels when I was younger but I just go for what looks good now or just chuck on one of my FFAF T Shirts and Jeans I'm not big into Fashion really but I do love my Vans shoes and Kerrang Rock for Life Braclet.

Cymru Ar gyfer Rhyddid

http://www.main.ffafansite.co.uk/

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Memory & Humanity is finally here

Posted on

Never have liked the idea of paying through the nose to be a walking advert.

I was put off them even more when a peer in the RN started boasting how much his civvy ensemble cost - the price of his crappy t shirt (that amounted to nothing more than an advert) - could easily buy my total ensemble 3 times over.

We're about as similar as two completely dissimilar things in a pod.
- Blackadder

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!

Posted on

I only buy branded stuff from Matalan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Jobless Oddball wrote:I only buy branded stuff from Matalan!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

LOL me too :D

Actually they do some good stuff. I still have a couple of Matalan cards somewhere :o although I don't think you need them anymore

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Actually they do some good stuff. I still have a couple of Matalan cards somewhere :o although I don't think you need them anymore

I've got a Matalan card lurking about somewhere too. :o I haven't been there in years though!

Misanthropic Trucker

Next

Return to Lifestyle