Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Pets

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Well there doesn't seem anywhere else to put this thread so I thought I'd pop it in here, as technically I suppose pets CAN be a hobby :chin:

Thought it might be nice to just have a chat about anything pet related, share amusing stories, problems, tips etc etc.

We have 3 cats. One of them is particularly manic at times. Aside from the times when they are all having their mad half hour, he will walk into the room and meow the place down. He only shuts up if we place a light cover over him. Then he settles down to sleep. We think maybe at some point in a past life he was a budgie :D

Anyway, he's my pride and joy, although I love all of them equally.

Posted on

Aaaaww :)

Posted on

I've got a shit fly that has just landed on me bedsit window!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Train it to Sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Trixiebelle wrote:Well there doesn't seem anywhere else to put this thread so I thought I'd pop it in here, as technically I suppose pets CAN be a hobby :chin:

Thought it might be nice to just have a chat about anything pet related, share amusing stories, problems, tips etc etc.

We have 3 cats. One of them is particularly manic at times. Aside from the times when they are all having their mad half hour, he will walk into the room and meow the place down. He only shuts up if we place a light cover over him. Then he settles down to sleep. We think maybe at some point in a past life he was a budgie :D

Anyway, he's my pride and joy, although I love all of them equally.

I love the way cats look soooo relaxed when they sleep. They lie there with not a care in the world! :hello:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

I grew up with cats always around and love them - but cant have them anymore because of family allergies. Infact I had to rehome my cat because of it ( she went to a fab new place and a life of luxury and devoted attention as house cat with two vets and their assorted menagerie of rescued eyeless/limbless/damaged animals ).

I'd love a wee dog, but again, the allergy thing means I cant.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Train it to Sit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

On your missus??????????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Pets, ya gotta love 'em :rofl:

Posted on

Pets as a hobby????????????????????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Posted on

We currently have two kitties.

This is Katinka, she's an old girl of 16, and her favourite hobby is sleeping on cushions.

This is little Fluff, she's a few days short of a year old now, but I'll post some kitten pics too as she was soooo cute :) Her hobbies include chasing around the house, biting ankles, and poking 16 year old cats.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

What gorgeous cats... and those kitten pics just make your heart melt don't they.... toooo cute :D

Posted on

Trixiebelle wrote:those kitten pics just make your heart melt don't they

Errrrrr...........................no!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

Thanks, they are lovely :)

I loved the budgie reference :D I love how all cats have their own little quirks and foibles.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Lesleyanne, they are gorgeous! :)

It's not fair ...I want one!!! *stamps foot* :(

Thank you :)

Incidentally, I was very allergic to cats as a child, sneezing, crying etc, but grew out of it completely.

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

lesleyanne wrote:Thanks, they are lovely :)

I loved the budgie reference :D I love how all cats have their own little quirks and foibles.

They certainly do! Ours have to be shut out of the bedroom at times as they make a point of jumping onto surfaces and 'pushing' things off. Then we have to spend ALL day cajoling them and nursing their wounded pride :D

One of them has a tiny little tin with treats in and he goes wild for them, but just now I opened his tin and he sat looking at the treats as though they were the most distasteful things he had ever had to witness :roll: Oh they do take a long time to get over the trauma of it all :D

Posted on

Trixiebelle wrote:
lesleyanne wrote:Thanks, they are lovely :)

They certainly do! Ours have to be shut out of the bedroom at times as they make a point of jumping onto surfaces and 'pushing' things off. Then we have to spend ALL day cajoling them and nursing their wounded pride :D

One of them has a tiny little tin with treats in and he goes wild for them, but just now I opened his tin and he sat looking at the treats as though they were the most distasteful things he had ever had to witness :roll: Oh they do take a long time to get over the trauma of it all :D

:D Funny critters.

My first cat, Henry, a lovely, daft ginger tom was a real character. I had him from when I rescued him at 6 weeks old until he died Christmas 06 at 15 years old.

He had lots of tricks to wake me up in the morning including opening my eyelid with his paw (that resulted in a nasty eye infection!). Also, I had a phone on the floor next to my bed - he worked out (by accident I guess) that if he flipped the phone off the hook with is paw, it would make that 'woo woo woo' noise and wake me up. He would often do this 9 or 10 times in one morning!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

:rofl: Cats do take the biscuit with their 'dry' humour don't they? Then sit there in all innocence :twisted:

Posted on

Our two are brothers. We were going to have just the one but we felt really sorry for the other one, he was the runt of the litter and was ignored by his mother, he also looks like he's been caught in a forest fire.

Smegster

Posted on

Awww, they are lovely, Jim?

What are their names?

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

lesleyanne wrote:Awww, they are lovely, Jim?

What are their names?

Bubble and Squeak. When they were kittens one squeaked like a mouse and the other liked to eat soap.

Smegster

Next

Return to Lifestyle