Skip to content

Pets

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Funkadelicacy wrote:
Mike Strutter wrote:Funks
Awwwww What a Cutie Pie ....
lol my big fat puss she gets in the empty bath at night an I leave the tap trickling an she does that ,
Even with water down for her in a dish , she likes to get her own ,lol

I always thought cats hated water, Mike. Mine doesn't, as soon as she hears me turn the tap on she scampers in to grab a drink. I've never had cats before, I always had dogs, but she sort of adopted me. :) I don't particularly like it when she brings a dead mouse in the house though. Or worse still, one that's still alive. :eek4:

Have you posted a pic of your cat, Mike?

Aww Funks I know what you mean but apparently it means *they are contributing* to the household. :eek4: Awww they mean well. (thats why I havent got a cat flap) ;)

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:I envy you that. My vet would not allow me to hold her, even tho' she was as gentle as a lamb. Not once in 22 years had she ever scratched me. Everyone I told said it was unusual for him to not let me hold her - at the end.

...I never forgave him for that. He must have felt guilty afterwards,as on further occasions when I took pets, he always avoided me and looked pretty down in the mouth. Personally I think HE wasn't able to deal with putting her down, as he had treated her since he was a rookie vet.

Oh my goodness! How awful! Why on earth would he disallow that? That's criminal. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: :banghead: It's .....you have to hold them.....the guilt we feel is enormous.......and we really feel they need us then.......It hurts like hell, but we have a right to hold them at the end.

My last vet left the room when I had one of my cats put to sleep and he didn't really know the cat - I could tell he was really upset......He knew how much I loved my cats I suppose.

Poor Joe's Girl.......

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
Funkadelicacy wrote:
Mike Strutter wrote:Funks
Awwwww What a Cutie Pie ....
lol my big fat puss she gets in the empty bath at night an I leave the tap trickling an she does that ,
Even with water down for her in a dish , she likes to get her own ,lol

I always thought cats hated water, Mike. Mine doesn't, as soon as she hears me turn the tap on she scampers in to grab a drink. I've never had cats before, I always had dogs, but she sort of adopted me. :) I don't particularly like it when she brings a dead mouse in the house though. Or worse still, one that's still alive. :eek4:

Aww Funks I know what you mean but apparently it means *they are contributing* to the household. :eek4: Awww they mean well. (thats why I havent got a cat flap) ;)

Yup, it's an honour to get a pres from a cat, however gross. In South Africa, my cats used to bring me the usual fare, plus lizards, minus their tails. My special baby always insisted on putting the gifties on my bed.

If a cat brings a live thing to me I always catch them and put them outside.

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:When my Puss got sick - she was 22 years old - we had to take her to the vet. The morning I took her she went out into the garden for the last time, and sat quietly looking into the sun which had risen to a beautiful September day. I am crying typing this as I can remember how I felt when I took her. The kids had grown up with her and so they were totally gutted. My son sat in the back of the car with a baseball cap on and sunglasses, 'cos he did not want anyone to see him upset. My daughter came in the vets with me - but he stayed in the car as he thought he may not be able to hold it together. Funny how fellas feel it is a cissy thing to cry. I always respect a man who is not afraid to show such tender feelings.

Just a little injection and the light went from her beautiful eyes.

I cried for a fortnight and everyone kept saying, she wasn't human, but she was the next best thing. She used to talk to me - people used to comment on her little chirrups and meows - she understood every word I said. And when she was asleep I used to lie down beside her -(she was on my bed, the little madam!) and as soon as I lay down, she started to purr and clutch with her front paws.

She promised me she'd live forever, but she just did not manage it. :(:

*sob* ......off I go......How beautiful........how heartbreaking.

Posted on

These personal stories of loving and losing our pets are heartbreaking. I lost my beautiful Boxer when she was only 3 years old. I cry if I allow myself to think of the circumstances of how she died. She went everywhere with me, she was devoted to me, and I to her. She would lay at my feet when I read or was on the computer, she would follow me around everywhere and she lay on my bed with me every night. I loved her with all my heart. She had been ill and was having difficulty breathing for about a week. I took her to the vet and he kept her in overnight and did various tests, but he could find nothing wrong except a slightly enlarged heart (which is not uncommon in Boxers)

Anyway I brought her home and a couple of days later I had visitors with a young baby. The Mother was scared of all dogs, so out of consideration for her I kept my girl in my room. I went up to see her about an hour later and she tried to follow me out of the room and was licking my hand. I gave her my jumper to lie on and told her to stay there, and that it wouldn't be long till she could come downstairs.

When my visitors had left I went upstairs to let her back with me and found she had died. In the same spot she always lay, at my feet. I feel so guilty for keeping her upstairs when she needed me. She died on her own because of that and I will never forgive myself. I can hardly bear to think of her because I know I let her down. I just hope she knew how much I loved her.

Flatley my dear I don't Riverdance - Alan Partridge. Ha Ha!

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: bruised

Posted on

Funks
My feckles sis ,loved .. an so did I ..

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

Funkadelicacy wrote:These personal stories of loving and losing our pets are heartbreaking. I lost my beautiful Boxer when she was only 3 years old. I cry if I allow myself to think of the circumstances of how she died. She went everywhere with me, she was devoted to me, and I to her. She would lay at my feet when I read or was on the computer, she would follow me around everywhere and she lay on my bed with me every night. I loved her with all my heart. She had been ill and was having difficulty breathing for about a week. I took her to the vet and he kept her in overnight and did various tests, but he could find nothing wrong except a slightly enlarged heart (which is not uncommon in Boxers)

Anyway I brought her home and a couple of days later I had visitors with a young baby. The Mother was scared of all dogs, so out of consideration for her I kept my girl in my room. I went up to see her about an hour later and she tried to follow me out of the room and was licking my hand. I gave her my jumper to lie on and told her to stay there, and that it wouldn't be long till she could come downstairs.

When my visitors had left I went upstairs to let her back with me and found she had died. In the same spot she always lay, at my feet. I feel so guilty for keeping her upstairs when she needed me. She died on her own because of that and I will never forgive myself. I can hardly bear to think of her because I know I let her down. I just hope she knew how much I loved her.

Awww, funks, you must have put yourself thru' hell. :cry: I know summat of how that feels: I asked my hubby to take one of my old cats to the vets to get him some medicine - the rest of his quota - as he was very ill and I wanted him to have a lovely weekend of treats and cuddles, before I had him put to sleep.
Hubby rolled up to the college where I was taching that Saturday morning and said "I've taken him", and he looked gutted. Daft bat had only taken him and just left him there on his own to be put to sleep at their convenience. :banghead:

Needless to say I was not only upset that I had not said goodbye to my little boy, but he'd died all alone! :(:

I am guessing that you felt summat like I did and that guilty " if only" never really leaves you, does it? :confused:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Our old girl's got a nasty abscess on a Canine.
Loathe to take her to the vet at 15 y/o.
She's old n stiff.

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Posted on

Raffles wrote:Our old girl's got a nasty abscess on a Canine.
Loathe to take her to the vet at 15 y/o.
She's old n stiff.

My little girl had a tooth out and the rest descaled at 16 years old. Give it a go :thumb: - abscesses on the teeth affect the heart muscle. :(:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Cheers JG.
That's heartening.

When she was younger, she went missing for a few days.
We'd be out the back shaking her biccies and calling her name.
Then one Sunday afternoon, she came staggering up to us, with her eyes rolling round in their sockets and collapsed at my feet.
We made a mad drive round the shire trying to find a Vet that was open.
Turned out some fucker had put out poison and she was lucky to survive.

Animals are easier to love than people sometimes.

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Posted on

Raffles wrote:Cheers JG.
That's heartening.

When she was younger, she went missing for a few days.
We'd be out the back shaking her biccies and calling her name.
Then one Sunday afternoon, she came staggering up to us, with her eyes rolling round in their sockets and collapsed at my feet.
We made a mad drive round the shire trying to find a Vet that was open.
Turned out some fucker had put out poison and she was lucky to survive.

Animals are easier to love than people sometimes.

Ain't that the truth... by a long chalk! :thumb:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:
Funkadelicacy wrote:These personal stories of loving and losing our pets are heartbreaking. I lost my beautiful Boxer when she was only 3 years old. I cry if I allow myself to think of the circumstances of how she died. She went everywhere with me, she was devoted to me, and I to her. She would lay at my feet when I read or was on the computer, she would follow me around everywhere and she lay on my bed with me every night. I loved her with all my heart. She had been ill and was having difficulty breathing for about a week. I took her to the vet and he kept her in overnight and did various tests, but he could find nothing wrong except a slightly enlarged heart (which is not uncommon in Boxers)

Awww, funks, you must have put yourself thru' hell. :cry: I know summat of how that feels: I asked my hubby to take one of my old cats to the vets to get him some medicine - the rest of his quota - as he was very ill and I wanted him to have a lovely weekend of treats and cuddles, before I had him put to sleep.
Hubby rolled up to the college where I was taching that Saturday morning and said "I've taken him", and he looked gutted. Daft bat had only taken him and just left him there on his own to be put to sleep at their convenience. :banghead:

Needless to say I was not only upset that I had not said goodbye to my little boy, but he'd died all alone! :(:

I am guessing that you felt summat like I did and that guilty " if only" never really leaves you, does it? :confused:

You're right JG those feelings of 'if only' and the guilt will never go. I thought her condition would improve because the vet couldn't find anything wrong, but if I had known what was going to happen I would have spent every second with her. For months after I couldn't bear to think of her or even say her name. It's not quite so bad now, but still very difficult. Just like you, I wanted the chance to say Goodbye, and to be with her when she went. Pain is the price we pay for loving, sometimes.

Flatley my dear I don't Riverdance - Alan Partridge. Ha Ha!

Loves The place!
Current Mood: bruised

Posted on

Funkadelicacy wrote:
Joe's Girl wrote:

You're right JG those feelings of 'if only' and the guilt will never go. I thought her condition would improve because the vet couldn't find anything wrong, but if I had known what was going to happen I would have spent every second with her. For months after I couldn't bear to think of her or even say her name. It's not quite so bad now, but still very difficult. Just like you, I wanted the chance to say Goodbye, and to be with her when she went. Pain is the price we pay for loving, sometimes.

Ya got that right! :thumb: The stronger the love the greater the pain. :(:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

some really sad but caring posts ...;)

12 cans of Stella

Posted on

I know the *guilt* feeling. Its awful I had a beautiful mainly white puss called Jesse, she had one blue eye and one green she was a darling (she was the mother of me other cat Ted) she got very ill with Kidney disease....She was losing weight and I know I should have taken her to the vet sooner but I didnt, the little girl wouldnt eat her k/d (prescription food) I think now cos her teeth were going as well. The only thing she would try was curried chicken.....I used to ring my favourite indian restaurant and have it delivered, I'd lick the sauce of for her and she would perhaps eat a couple of bits of chicken.....my poor darling. :sad: :cry: One Monday after coming home from work I called her....*no answer* I went in the living room and she was dead, she had crawled up on to a chair (I had a pair of jean on that chair) and she was on my jeans. I think she had died not long after I left for work....The shock was awful, I did have the comfort though of knowing she had died in her own room but I kept thinking (and still do) whether she was in a lot of pain.....:sad:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Dolls
My lucy went out with Kidney failure,:(
an she was always drinking loads of water ,
she lost loads of weight an was very weak ,
she used to before getting ill ,
Always jump up on the kitchen table an mieow for her breakfast,
a normal routine as I put her whiskas down ,
But I was having to left her up an then ,
gently put her back on the kitchen floor ,
It was my Dad who made me take her to vet as it was cruel ,
she was starving /dying ..
I kept putting it off for *Just* another day ,
I knew she would be put down ..
the vet was shocked at how thin she was ..
I felt loads of *Guilt/shame * then ..
My lil baby Girl Lucy RIP ...

12 cans of Stella

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:Image
try again .....heres my wonderful miggles...i hope she has a new loving home now :cry:

She IS beautiful, wotsit. where is she now? :(:

i unfortunatly have no idea JG she was given back to the RSPCA in late 2007 like i said i hope someone else will love her as much as i did :cry:
i really miss her

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
Joe's Girl wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:Image
try again .....heres my wonderful miggles...i hope she has a new loving home now :cry:

She IS beautiful, wotsit. where is she now? :(:

i unfortunatly have no idea JG she was given back to the RSPCA in late 2007 like i said i hope someone else will love her as much as i did :cry:
i really miss her

Aww, Wots I really feel for you. It is awful not knowing where she is and who has he or whether they are caring for her.

Would they not tell you if you rang them... or don't you want to be told as you fear the worst? :confused:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

no JG they wouldn't tell me if i rang them ....they would give a report to her next owners written by my ex wife as to why she had to go ...it will be a pack of lies though and thats what worries me ...as for fearing the worst YES I DO... miggles was a one person dog ...bestest dog i ever had was my beloved miggles :cry:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:no JG they wouldn't tell me if i rang them ....they would give a report to her next owners written by my ex wife as to why she had to go ...it will be a pack of lies though and thats what worries me ...as for fearing the worst YES I DO... miggles was a one person dog ...bestest dog i ever had was my beloved miggles :cry:

I can understand your devotion. there's SUCH a soft look in those eyes. :thumb:

Really Loves Smeggy's

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle