Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

New mini out - will you be buying one ?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

When I was looking for a new car about four years ago I glanced at the Mini, but not for very long. Bit small for my needs and stiff suspension. Plus my owd mum would have had difficulty getting into one as they are a bit low to the ground.

The new one is slightly bigger and it seems you can set the suspension to being a bit softer.

http://www.autoexpress.co.uk/mini/mini/ ... s-revealed

Most models are somewhat quicker accelerating than my present car - but as I only trundle through the traffic to get to the shops and other local places it would be wasted on me.

Never been in one of the newer ones, though I occasionally drove the ancient ones and they were fine to drive. Though could be unreliable.

Maybe I'll book a test drive in the Cooper S next year ? :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

My wife is talking about a new car yet her existing one os not even 3 yearz old yet, she has a Focus TDCi Titanium 1600 which is showing 53.1 MPG at the moment.
I think it is a quite super little car, goez well and cornuz well.

A few yearz back our dorta bought a new type Mini, only had it a few weekz and got rid of it, twaz not very economical, the figuz they give are bullshine.

They are putting bigger wheelz on this latest model to stop dogz weeing in the windowz.

THERE ARE NONE SO BLIND AS THOSE WHO WILL NOT SEE.
LOOK AFTER OUR OWN FIRST

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Tetchy, Moving House

Posted on

I wouldnt buy one. They are not especially 'small' anymore but also lack 'roominess' despite of their size. They are a nostalgic warm over of a cult classic but not very practical.

Anybody wanting a small, economic but surprisingly roomy car should look at the Toyota IQ. Funny looking things but they are bloody fantastic.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

I agree Squibbs, Toyota IQs are funny looking. :D

Probably easy to park as you can see the back bumper from the driving seat. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Indeed Dabs. Somebody i know has one and they are bloody fantastic! room enough for 4 people (although the rear seat passengers are a bit cramped unless they are kids) but let the back seats down and the boot space is epic for such a small car.

@ Scott. Smart cars are not a patch on these things. The IQ is quite wide so the front seat occupants have plenty of room all around. The guy i know who has one is about 6-3" and quite broad. He has no problems whatsoever with room. They really are a deceiving little car.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

diablo wrote:I agree Squibbs, Toyota IQs are funny looking. :D

Probably easy to park as you can see the back bumper from the driving seat. :):

The current fashion for those high set bulbous headlights really annoys me. They're the shellsuits and Onesies of cars. i.e people will look back on them with mockery in a few years :)

I'm sure car manufacturers get together and decide on what the next style formula is going to be. After all it takes some years to develop a car.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Lifestyle