Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

New Punkt phone now available

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

The new Punkt phone, costs only £229 and the range of features include phone calls and texts and errr that's about it really. No hi-res screen, no internet and not even a camera.

You can switch off your smartphone and leave it at work, so you won't be annoyed by colleagues trying to contact you in the evening, though you can still contact people if you really need to.

If you think the kids are using their phones too much buy them one of these instead, though I doubt they'll thank you for it. :):

Seems a bit expensive though. I think you can still get a very basic phone for a few quid.

https://www.punkt.ch/en/products/mp01-mobile-phone/

http://www.theguardian.com/artanddesign ... n-festival

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Get a 2nd hand old mobile for next to nothing these days I should imagine. I've got one in the car for emergencies. It was only £25 new about 8 or 9 years ago

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Get a 2nd hand old mobile for next to nothing these days I should imagine. I've got one in the car for emergencies. It was only £25 new about 8 or 9 years ago

Snap, I have an old works one in the car, must be 12/13 years old, in case of emergencies and my smartypants phone isn't useable - probably because I've left it at home. Just need to remember to charge it up every few months.

Nutter!!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Get a 2nd hand old mobile for next to nothing these days I should imagine. I've got one in the car for emergencies. It was only £25 new about 8 or 9 years ago

Yes, you can get basic phones dirt cheap nowadays. £10 new I've seen some for. So this Punkt thing is a right rip off. You could get a mid-range Android smartphone for that or less.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

diablo wrote:

Snap, I have an old works one in the car, must be 12/13 years old, in case of emergencies and my smartypants phone isn't useable - probably because I've left it at home. Just need to remember to charge it up every few months.

I have mine connected to the car with a fag lighter charger cable. always topped :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

I have mine connected to the car with a fag lighter charger cable. always topped :)

Do you make a call every now and again Smeggy? I know some networks disconnect you on payg if you don't. Think it's usually every 6 month.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

Do you make a call every now and again Smeggy? I know some networks disconnect you on payg if you don't. Think it's usually every 6 month.

I have done, but not for a few months. I oughta make a quick call just in case

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

I have done, but not for a few months. I oughta make a quick call just in case

My old phone has a very old Tesco sim in it which I topped up with a tenner many years ago, I check that it still works when I charge the phone. Must check and charge it soon I suppose.

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
My old phone has a very old Tesco sim in it which I topped up with a tenner many years ago, I check that it still works when I charge the phone. Must check and charge it soon I suppose.

Just checked and battery as flat as a witch's tit. Ta for reminding me. :)

Nutter!!

Posted on

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Lifestyle