Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Explorers : Why? Extreme Danger of the Unknown?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

It's always amazed me how some guys go to extremes to explore.. Not that I'm knocking it.. But to put your life in danger especially if you have a family..So many famous people have gone done that path,although without those earlier explorers we wouldn't know much.. Interesting I think especially guys that go on artic expeditions.. Etc.. :shrug: mind you without these folks we wouldn't have the knowledge now. All the beautiful animals,insects,flowers etc.. :chin:

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

:rofl:

Now come on crumbs be serious. :) :spank:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote::rofl:

There's always going to be a humorous element dolls :) Crumbs lost his wristwatch while exploring Chins' arse .

But on a serious note, it's great that people have gone where no man has gone before. sailing the oceans when they thought the earth was flat for example

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Our own Squizz must be an explorer then as he goes on 'artic' expeditions. :D :D :D

Squizz: do you still have all your fingers or has frostbite claimed a few of them?

Thanks to a fucking good heater, frostbite has never claimed any fingers.

A few container doors nearly have though. :D

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
Dolls wrote::rofl:

There's always going to be a humorous element dolls :) Crumbs lost his wristwatch while exploring Chins' arse .

But on a serious note, it's great that people have gone where no man has gone before. sailing the oceans when they thought the earth was flat for example

:rofl: (hope it wasn't a Apple Watch) :eek:

Yes true what you say also it must have been amazing empowering feeling discovering countries you didn't know existed.

That goes for climbing mountains as well the danger probably and still is euphoric. :chin:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Must be amazing standing on top of Everest. Especially being the first one

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Must be amazing standing on top of Everest. Especially being the first one

Yes, must be brilliant. They don' get to stay long either. All that work, getting acclimatised to the oxygen levels by going up and down between camps all for a few minutes on the summit.

In answer to Dolls question I guess they are thrill seekers after an adrenaline shot like sky divers or bungee jumpers. Just at the more extreme end of the scale where there is actually a quite high chance of dying. Plus exploring newly discovered lands back in the day must have been bloody interesting. Something akin to us exploring another planet with life on.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

So who is going to be the first to explore inside the murky depths of Susan Boyle's knickers?

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:So who is going to be the first to explore inside the murky depths of Susan Boyle's knickers?

Crumbs! I'll supply him with the miner's lamp :)

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
smeggypants wrote:So who is going to be the first to explore inside the murky depths of Susan Boyle's knickers?

Theres probably a US flag there already.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Resonance wrote:

Theres probably a US flag there already.

Or even a......... :eek4:

He'll be in there like a rat up a drainpipe :D

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Well fro my point of view s most now I'm the outdoors type, camping, walking, hill climbing but I draw the line if the weather is to be OTT, especially as my youngest is usually with me. We have camped in al weather's however in winter there's much more planing goes into it, the ^what if^ cos I'm a belt and braces type! And a lot more ^just in cse^gear comes and I don't care how heavy a bag I have!. Not been camping this year yet, lst camped before Christmas but again due to my youngest being with us, we kept it close to home in case we became hypothermic! I thoroughly do my homework though and stay local until you become experienced enough to venture out wherever your going or whatever your doing but even the experiences can be caught out.

Never use assume you'll be fine and prepare for every circumstance, darkness weather, change of terrain, think how you would be rescued if the need came about, how would you survive the night? Is there a mobile signal? Do you know where the nearest defibrillator is. This is just one of many things to consider.

S for the ^why^ factor, for me I love taking pics of stunning scenery, fresh air and keeping fit in general. I'm not into extreme things like climbing mountains, ruing trough the sea, surfing in a hurricane etc, I'm quite mild but it's just more of the ^I did it^ factor and getting the pics to prove it, weather it's climbing, camping out or whatever.
I
There were two experienced climbers killed just lst week up ben Nevis so you really can be caught out anytime.

I'd never knowingly go out if there was an obvious risk to life such as getting blown off a hill top, or my tent getting washed into the sea with me in it, so don't know why folk who now it's going to be that bad do it.

Trailer Trash

Posted on

mecheller38 wrote:Well fro my point of view s most now I'm the outdoors type, camping, walking, hill climbing but I draw the line if the weather is to be OTT, especially as my youngest is usually with me. We have camped in al weather's however in winter there's much more planing goes into it, the ^what if^ cos I'm a belt and braces type! And a lot more ^just in cse^gear comes and I don't care how heavy a bag I have!. Not been camping this year yet, lst camped before Christmas but again due to my youngest being with us, we kept it close to home in case we became hypothermic! I thoroughly do my homework though and stay local until you become experienced enough to venture out wherever your going or whatever your doing but even the experiences can be caught out.

Never use assume you'll be fine and prepare for every circumstance, darkness weather, change of terrain, think how you would be rescued if the need came about, how would you survive the night? Is there a mobile signal? Do you know where the nearest defibrillator is. This is just one of many things to consider.

S for the ^why^ factor, for me I love taking pics of stunning scenery, fresh air and keeping fit in general. I'm not into extreme things like climbing mountains, ruing trough the sea, surfing in a hurricane etc, I'm quite mild but it's just more of the ^I did it^ factor and getting the pics to prove it, weather it's climbing, camping out or whatever.
I
There were two experienced climbers killed just lst week up ben Nevis so you really can be caught out anytime.

I'd never knowingly go out if there was an obvious risk to life such as getting blown off a hill top, or my tent getting washed into the sea with me in it, so don't know why folk who now it's going to be that bad do it.

You certainly live in the right part of the country for it Mechs. We love Scotland and try to visit at least once a year, often twice (west coast/Highlands/islands). The scenery is breathtaking. We don't camp though, that would be a step too far :)

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

We sold the caravan, it's going next Sunday all being well, and camped 15 minutes wak from home for the first winter camp just in case and was great, you don't need to go far really.

Trailer Trash

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
mecheller38 wrote:We sold the caravan, it's going next Sunday all being well, and camped 15 minutes wak from home for the first winter camp just in case and was great, you don't need to go far really.

Let me get this straight: you camped 15 minutes from your house? :D :D :D

Of course she did Crumbs no Effin bog! :eek: :hmmm: :eek: :) :rofl:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

:rofl: :hmmm:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
Resonance wrote:

No naked flames allowed!

Visions of crumbs waving his (very small) candle about in Susan's knickers :eek: :rofl:

Complete Nutter!!

Posted on

Yes 15 mins away s never camped in proper winter before! No need to sneak home I was warm enough!

Trailer Trash

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Must be amazing standing on top of Everest. Especially being the first one

Meanwhile, on the north face of Crumbs' huuuuuuugggeeee cock,

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:

Meanwhile, on the north face of Crumbs' huuuuuuugggeeee cock,

Not recommended for sleep walkers

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Lifestyle