Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Passports

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Does your passport photograph look like you?

I got a new passport last year, and at the time I hated the pic (don't we all?!)

Anyway... yesterday my daughter found an old pic of me in her room and showed me it, stating that it just doesn't look like me, and this made me fetch my passport... and the pic in it looks nothing like me any more cos I've lost so much weight! When you study it I think you can tell that it is me around the mouth and eyes....

I'm off on holiday in a few weeks and now kinda worried that they won't believe it's me! Has anyone ever had any bother cos they've changed a lot since their passport pic was taken?

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

As far as I know, you can't get amendments to passports now like you used to, and you have to get a renewal passport... and pay the full fee! :(

I'm gonna take my passport into work today and ask a few people what they think about the pic.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

If you are going to renew your passport...

In this age of digital photography and home computing, no one need submit a crap passport picture anymore.

You can use Photoshop to airbrush out acne spots, eyebags, red eyes, wrinkles, double chins... straighten wonky noses.... change your hairstyle... or if you have thinning hair or even a bald patch, just add more hair... Got bat ears? no problem, Photoshop can pin them back... :thumb:

tho' you could get into trouble if they start checking you at airport security against your passport biometrics :o

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I had some done at one of those booth things yesterday. They've come out looking like a cross between Ray Winstone and an Itinernate horse seller. Completely different to my normal youthful and sensitive mien.

Posted on

Believe it or not, I don't have a passport. :o

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Mine expired a few years ago - and I haven't got round to renewing it.

Partly because of the cost, partly because I hate having my piccy taken!

MartinJ - On a campaign to abolish the rules made of stone.
I know I can't spell for Tofee - I don't need to be reminded!

Really Hooked!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

MartinJ wrote:partly because I hate having my piccy taken!

Same here Martin. :o :o

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

I also didn't have one for a few years. I finally renewed it last year for going on holiday.

Been doing a bit of reading online and it seems that the only way to change it is to get another renewal and pay the full fee again.

I've read quite a few comments by people saying that their pic doesn't really look like them for one reason or another and they've not actually had any problems other than being embarrassed by them. I showed mine to a few of my colleagues today and they all said that although I've changed loads, you can still tell that it's me.

It's a really terrible pic though, so I don't see me living with it for another 9 years! :eek: But I'll give further thought to changing my name before going ahead and getting another renewal done I think.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

My passport picture is HIDEOUS. I went to a rather crappy chemist that did passport pictures and they told me to take my glasses off, and at the time I wasn't wearing any make-up so you could see my acne scars. I so badly want to change it but current passport prices are so extortionate. <_<

Image I smile cos I have no idea what's going on. :)
Warning: Is liable to talk a load of s*** at any time of day. Approach with caution. Image

Hooked
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:Blimey! Another money making wheeze then?! :roll:

I'm having name change dilemmas too!

My passport photo is ok, but I never really like piccies of myself anyway. My kids hate there's :D

Isn't it odd how NO ONE likes their own passport photo... :o :D

Super Smegsterwegsta

Posted on

Actually, I did really like my passport photo. Unfortunately I've lost my passport though and with it that nice photo...I will have to apply for a new one ( so expensive! :eek4: )

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Return to Lifestyle