Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Anyone into camping holidays?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Well that's me back from another camping session! It was great even though we had a fair bit rain :) Just catching up on all my washing now then back to the old routine tomorrow :banghead:

Trailer Trash
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

glad you had a good time - bet youre glad you went when you did though - the weather's terrible this week!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Yes glad I went, didn't want to come home though :( . Think I was enjoying the freedom too much :thumb:

I always enjoy camping in a caravan or tent no matter what the weather although i've never been in a tent over the winter months. Maybe when the kids are a bit older. It was a bit chilly at night even though it's July!

The weather's STILL the same here as it was weeks ago, warm, humid, windy, sunny, showers etc :confused:

Trailer Trash

Posted on

Well i've done it again.... bought another caravan :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

As you'll see on here we gave up the last one due to work and not getting away as much so went back to a tent. I still enjoy the tent camping even though it's harder with the kids but the last year of not having a caravan... well... I was secretly having withdrawls and pining like mad :chin:

I never went out my way to look for a bargain but couldn't resist the odd peek in the paper or ebay but last night just browsing on ebay and one about 3 miles up the road was for sale at a bargain price so went to see it and fell in love! :clap:

So it's here now, at the side of the house cos I like to give them a clean, curtains washed etc then we'll get it sited next year. Not sure where yet but possibly Aberfoyle again! I've been looking on other sites but most of them open up in March so will decide then :thumb:

Xmas came early for me!! :yippee:

Trailer Trash

Posted on

well thats my Scottish hols sorted then... :)

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

mecheller38 wrote:Well i've done it again.... bought another caravan :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

As you'll see on here we gave up the last one due to work and not getting away as much so went back to a tent. I still enjoy the tent camping even though it's harder with the kids but the last year of not having a caravan... well... I was secretly having withdrawls and pining like mad :chin:

I never went out my way to look for a bargain but couldn't resist the odd peek in the paper or ebay but last night just browsing on ebay and one about 3 miles up the road was for sale at a bargain price so went to see it and fell in love! :clap:

So it's here now, at the side of the house cos I like to give them a clean, curtains washed etc then we'll get it sited next year. Not sure where yet but possibly Aberfoyle again! I've been looking on other sites but most of them open up in March so will decide then :thumb:

Xmas came early for me!! :yippee:

Awww thats great news mechs and a lovely pressie for yourselves! :thumb:

Me Sister In Law/Hubbie had a van for over 10 yrs. It was sited at a fabulous camp. (the owner was a bit Basil Fawlty) but great....I used to go and stay for long weekends. loved it.so relaxed. Wonderful and their van was like a bloody apartment! :eek:

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

We used to go caravanning in the Isle of Wight every year when I was little - I loved it, and the good thing about caravanning is that you're not restricted to one or two weeks - we usually stayed longer, it was fab.

OH won't even contemplate caravanning or camping though, as he's over 6 feet tall and it's just too uncomfortable for him! It suits me, I like staying in villas/hotels too. :thumb:

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

I used to go camping an stayed at a nice caravan park at Ullswater , Cumbria ..

I got my roughing it days from being in the TA in my Youth..til I was thrown out :)

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

I used to go camping with my mum and dad in a trailer tent, It was great and we werent lying on the floor. Mum and dad still have the tent but I dont go anymore.

Posted on

my then wife and i used to take my two boys camping was great fun

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Camping holidays? Is that where go and visit somewhere and spend the whole time flapping a limp wrist at everyone walking around like Mr Humphries from Are you Being Served?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Camping holidays? Is that where go and visit somewhere and spend the whole time flapping a limp wrist at everyone walking around like Mr Humphries from Are you Being Served?

yeah smeggy thats the one :thumb: :D

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

so is it a tourer, which you will site somehwere...and then go off, or is it a static needing a permanent site?

well done mechs! I love my caravan. Its my sanctuary .

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:Never camped here, ( there is a campsite) - beautiful place.

wow............................

Posted on

Yes WG it's a tourer. I'd like a static eventually but a tourer's fine, we usually just site it on a seasonal pitch and store it on the site when the site shuts for the winter, i've been emailing a few sites jus for pricing and the dates of their seasons etc but i've a funny feeling we'll end up in Aberfoyle again. Love it there. been on a few sites but we always end up back.

As Dolls said it is peacefull. You're still tidying up etc but you're more relaxed, not having to worry about work, school run etc.

LLC, what's a trailer tent like to stay in? I've used tents and obviously caravans but was tempted a while back to get a trailer tent to keep on site but wasn't sure how easy they were to set up etc :confused:

And Mike - Getting kicked out the TA :spank: :spank: :rofl:

Trailer Trash

Posted on

I enjoy caravan holidays in static vans, there is one camp on the lizard in Corwall that I just love

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:We used to go caravanning in the Isle of Wight every year when I was little - I loved it, and the good thing about caravanning is that you're not restricted to one or two weeks - we usually stayed longer, it was fab.

OH won't even contemplate caravanning or camping though, as he's over 6 feet tall and it's just too uncomfortable for him! It suits me, I like staying in villas/hotels too. :thumb:

I've never stayed in a villa and can count on one hand how many times i've stayed in a hotel. The reason for this might sound wierd but I can only sleep in my own bed or surroundings :confused: Even years ago when I stayed over at friends houses I just constantly wake up and don't get a good sleep. People say "oh you must just like your own bed" But I can sleep in a tent or caravan ok, long as it's MY caravan. I used my uncles static years ago and couldn't even sleep in that :confused:

My man's about 5'10 and did moan a couple of times before when we were caravanning but when we went back to the tent he said at the time he was ok but recently admitted it was uncomfy which was my perfect opportunity to wade right in and suggest getting another caravan :rofl: :rofl:

It was his idea to give up the caravan in the first place and I did see his point cos we were both working alot so were paying money and not getting the full use out of it but I sold it with a VERY heavy heart :thumbdown:

Not that I like saying "told you so" or anything ;) :rofl:

Trailer Trash

Posted on

When I was a kid mum and dad used to have a caravan and park it here .... ( well not in the sea, but just up the road )

Mullion cove in cornwall. Where time stands still. this modern piccie looks exactly the same as the place did back in 1973 when I last went.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:When I was a kid mum and dad used to have a caravan and park it here .... ( well not in the sea, but just up the road )

Mullion cove in cornwall. Where time stands still. this modern piccie looks exactly the same as the place did back in 1973 when I last went.

Thats the park that I love so much, I was there last in 2002, I love it round there, my wife and I had some great times in there in 89 and 90.

Posted on

Aww looks lovely there :)

Trailer Trash

PreviousNext

Return to Lifestyle