Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Weekend advice.

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I'm planing a long weekend away around Nov/Dec time and I'm a bit stumped at the moment as to where to go. Amsterdam is the front runner at the moment, but has anybody else got any good ideas.

Critea are -

No air travel,
Good hotel,
Good resturants near by.
Not Paris.

Posted on

There will be christmas markets on at that time of year on the continent won't there - so maybe somewhere that does a good one of them?

I'd recommend Krakow for that - but that would be air travel.

(I'm so tempted to say Chez Whirlie :D ..... but I won't. :pp: )

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:There will be christmas markets on at that time of year on the continent won't there - so maybe somewhere that does a good one of them?

I'd recommend Krakow for that - but that would be air travel.

(I'm so tempted to say Chez Whirlie :D ..... but I won't. :pp: )

Krakow's in realistic training distance. Not sure if Concentration Camps and Salt mines are really the sort of touristy options I'm looking for though. :)

Posted on

Its a beautiful mediaeval city! and a great Christmas market( you dont have to go anywhere near Aushwitz or Wieliczka.)

what about the German towns with christmas markets?

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

What about Belgium? Brugge is wonderful, so is Liege. Luxenbourg is another option, of course Krakow but Whirlie and i are a little bias :oops: You have places so many forget about in France like Le Mans. So many places i can think of that would meet the criteria.

Torino, Geneva, Leipzig, Oslo, Barcelona, Salzburg, Bratislava, Budapest, Zurich are just some more beautiful places, top class restaurants will not be a problem and neither will a decent place to stay.

Posted on

Let's not forget Belgrade! :thumb:

Misanthropic Trucker
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

No Chance wrote:Let's not forget Belgrade! :thumb:

I do like Belgrade, then again i like most place with history, good restaurants, friendly people :)

Return to Lifestyle