Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Are you happy with your weight?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

How happy are you with your weight?

Im not overweight, but there is a weight above which i just dont feel good, theres just too much jiggle and every day feels like a fat day - and I can always tell when i hit that amount without even weighing myself.

And then I do weigh myself, just to confirm things, and then take matters in hand to get back to where I feel best, which usually means two weeks or so of low carbing and some bursts on the exercise bike, to lose a few pounds .

Although this time Ive joined a gym, so as to tone up and feel good and hopefully continue exercising and toning...

So I have half a stone really, within which I travel, the top end of which isnt a good place to be. And right now, I'm heading back down the way! :thumb:

Size zero etc is a ridiculous look for most women and quite probably unhealthy too, with fertility and bone density issues associated - so leaving the beauty industry ideal aside, are you happy with your shape and dress size? ( guys too! :pp: )

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

This all seems a bit over complicated...

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image Image

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

That woman is NOT an hour glass!!

and no I'm not happy with my weight. I'm 2 stone over weight due to a under active thyroid since giving up smoking. I don't look obese or anything, I don't hallucinate fatness where non exists. :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:Size zero etc is a ridiculous look for most women and quite probably unhealthy too, with fertility and bone density issues associated - so leaving the beauty industry ideal aside, are you happy with your shape and dress size? ( guys too! :pp: )

Ridiculous for ALL Women ( and men )

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

I'm happy with mine at the moment!

When I was fat I used to pretend to be happy.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

For the first time in years I'm not really happy. I usually get lots of exercise and that means I can eat what I want without it getting a problem, but in the beginning of this year I had some serious back(related) problems and I did not get the amount of exercize I wanted. I put on a few pounds extra, my clothes are still fitting, but it just does not feel right... so I'll need to lose a few pounds, but I'm not at all in the mood for it....

'an angel has no memory'

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I'd like to lose a stone - I'm 10 and a half - but I'm not really bothered enough to actually do anything yet..... I go on a diet every Jan/Feb, if for no other reason than to stop drinking for a while (I do like lager! :spank: )!

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

Cazarella wrote:
When I was fat I used to pretend to be happy.

awww...how sad Caz......

I am always totally miserable when i don't feel skinny enough, which, because I have a distorted view of what my body looks like, is always.

Posted on

Consider the two following statements...

1] "Are you unhappy with your weight?"

2] "Does your weight make you unhappy?"

Important difference.

I'm unhappy with my weight. but my weight doesn't make me unhappy.

It's sad that media indoctrination causes people to place far too much importance on their weight and to waste all that brain time on the issue. of course if your spending brain time on how much you weigh then it's less time you have to spend on how your country is being controlled. The same goes for sport and celebrities.

There is absolutely no reason why your life is going to be any worse if you are a few pounds overweight. if you lose those pounds you are NOT going to be any happier.

Now repeat that until it sinks in :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

But when I fit my nice clothes, i feel good about myself. :elephant:

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:But when I fit my nice clothes, i feel good about myself. :elephant:

That's fine, but being a bit overwieght is not the end of the world as some people make out.

And really feeling good about wearing nice clothes shouldn't be the benchmark of inner peace. it should be an extra.

I think some people use their weight as an excuse for their unhappyness because they are afraid of facing upto the real reasons.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

...and conversley I have to feel good about myself to get the motivation to make the effort to lose a few pounds. its a chicken egg thing - which comes first , or which is it that leads to the other...the feeling good, or the being a good weight?

MILF

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Consider the two following statements...

1] "Are you unhappy with your weight?"

2] "Does your weight make you unhappy?"

Important difference.

I'm unhappy with my weight. but my weight doesn't make me unhappy.

It's sad that media indoctrination causes people to place far too much importance on their weight and to waste all that brain time on the issue. of course if your spending brain time on how much you weigh then it's less time you have to spend on how your country is being controlled. The same goes for sport and celebrities.

There is absolutely no reason why your life is going to be any worse if you are a few pounds overweight. if you lose those pounds you are NOT going to be any happier.

Now repeat that until it sinks in :)

That's all well and good if you're only talking about a few pounds... but I was obese. I am a changed person since I lost the weight. So now if I find myself having put on a few pounds I work hard to get rid of them again asap, cos if I don't I know that a few weeks later there will be another few pounds on... then another few...

Yes I still have issues that make me unhappy that are not weight related... but being slim and being able to shop wherever I want (if I can afford it) and wear nice clothes, has made a massive difference to my confidence and my ability to deal with some of those issues. :)

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Yep, don't even know how much I weigh.

Posted on

I've been unhappy with my weight for 30 years!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I'm very unhappy about my weight, and if Little Mis One-tooth keeps biting me I'll be on the Slimfast within the week. ;)

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber a wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1 misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc you could a Caucasian or a poor Asian racism is a weapon of mass destruction whether inflation or globalization fear is a weapon of mass destruction whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone greed is a weapon of mass destruction we need to find courage, overcome inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Bra Burning Hippy
Current Mood: waiting

Posted on

GIR wrote:I'm very unhappy about my weight, and if Little Mis One-tooth keeps biting me I'll be on the Slimfast within the week. ;)

Ouch! :eek4:

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Ms Honey wrote:
GIR wrote:I'm very unhappy about my weight, and if Little Mis One-tooth keeps biting me I'll be on the Slimfast within the week. ;)

Ouch! :eek4:

Yep.

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber a wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1 misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc you could a Caucasian or a poor Asian racism is a weapon of mass destruction whether inflation or globalization fear is a weapon of mass destruction whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone greed is a weapon of mass destruction we need to find courage, overcome inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Bra Burning Hippy
Current Mood: waiting

Posted on

If i was a warthog, i'd be happy with my weight!!

I don't know where you magic pixies came from, but I like your pixie drink!

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Eau Naturel

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:

This all seems a bit over complicated...

ImageImage

ImageImage

Image Image

It's far too complicated for me :confused:

I'm about 5ft4 and a size 14 on top, 12-14 on the bottom so I could do with dropping a bit weight but then I think, i've never ever been skinny / fat although i've been a size 16-18 at one point (contraceptive injection :chin: )

I'm not overly or under happy with my size cos now the way I look at it is, i've had 3 kids, I don't eat loads of junk food and I get plenty excersise and am always on the go at work so I've never really followed a proper "diet" as such

Everything in moderation I say :thumb:

However, sorry to keep refering to "size" but I never weigh myself so I guess i'm not happy with my weight. If I owned a set of scales i'd end up obsessed, I just go by my clothes, (usually jeans) if they're tight I need to give up the chocolate and if they're loose or fit fine then yipee :yippee:

Trailer Trash

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Lifestyle