Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Ik ga naar Nederland/I is going to The Netherlands

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Well, smegsters....I'm about ready to leave my glamorous homeless shelter for the sunny shores of The Netherlands to see my beautiful and wonderful partner........whom I haven't seen for 9 weeks. I'm so glad I'll be able to keep up with all the BB9 news and other goss here.....I love flying and have little fear of it, HOWEVER, in the unlikely event of me dying in a plane crash......thanks for all your kindness and friendship and stability over the last few months.....

Oh! what a cheery wee soul she was.... :howl:

Posted on

Hey ariane,

Ik wens je heel veel plezier in Nederland en ik hoop dat je een beetje zon meeneemt, want onze kusten zijn op dit moment helaas niet zo zonnig.....

Heel veel plezier in Utrecht..... als je ook in Groningen komt, laat het dan even weten, dan drinken we gezellig een kop koffie...! (of een glaasje wijn.... :))

'an angel has no memory'

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I've read that during WW1 there were reports that the Dutch and Scots could communicate with each other, each speaking their own language.

Looking for a reference to it, but cant find it. i think I read it in the Scots magazine. ( something about an officer expressing concern over possible language difficulties between soldiers and dutch medics - to be told by the sergeant that there wouldnt be any problems because it was Jocks, and there was no language barrier to speak of!- )

anyway ariane, have a great trip and so glad you'll still be checking in with us. I enjoy your company and posts! :thumb:

Haste ye Back!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I've read that during WW1 there were reports that the Dutch and Scots could communicate with each other, each speaking their own language.

Looking for a reference to it, but cant find it. i think I read it in the Scots magazine. ( something about an officer expressing concern over possible language difficulties between soldiers and dutch medics - to be told by the sergeant that there wouldnt be any problems because it was Jocks, and there was no language barrier to speak of!- )

anyway ariane, have a great trip and so glad you'll still be checking in with us. I enjoy your company and posts! :thumb:

Haste ye Back!

Could be Frysian (my mothertongue) you are thinking of Whirl.... there are some striking similarities, like 'bairn' (Scottish) and 'bern' (Frysian) whereas in Dutch it would be 'kinderen'...

'an angel has no memory'

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: unknown

Return to Lifestyle