Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

What's your hairstyle?

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Ive had really short hair for years - sort of pixie/urchin style ( the hairdressers call it) - but recently Ive been growing it and its now got to the length where ive had to buy a hairbrush. :eek4:

Feels really girlie getting out of the shower and having to brush and blow dry my hair, after years of just messing it up with some wax. And I dont know if I can be bothered with it to be honest.

My hair is now the length where its no longer messy and edgy, but not yet long enough to tie back - so its kind of nothing, and Im thinking about getting it all chopped again...but I've come this far..agggh, what should I do, persevere with it and grow it, or go back to short and funky?!

Whats your hairstyle?

:):

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Long, although its not really a style - my hair doesn't do styles. I just sits there on my head doing whatever it wants.

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber a wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1 misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc you could a Caucasian or a poor Asian racism is a weapon of mass destruction whether inflation or globalization fear is a weapon of mass destruction whether Halliburton or Enron or anyone greed is a weapon of mass destruction we need to find courage, overcome inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

Bra Burning Hippy
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: waiting

Posted on

I had mine short for a few years, & am currently growing it into a shoulder length bob. Mine used to be like you descibed yours, GIR - then I was recommended the Lee Stafford haircare range, which you can buy in Boots, and I'm now the proud owner of Miss Piggy-esque, flickable,smooth hair!

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

Mines a bit longer than shoulder length with no fringe. I've had it long for a few years now, I thinking about getting a perm, to add some curl.

Don't tell me the sky's the limit, when there are footprints on the moon

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: recovering

Posted on

In reference to mine, my gf said "Heehee, your hair! You can just get up in the morning, look in the mirror, have a laff and go back to bed". :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

It's mid length, wavy when not blow-dried or straightened to within an inch of its life, and underneath the mahogany/red dye it's almost totally grey, I think. <SOBBBBBBB> My partner has glorious, long, henna coloured hair and I tried so many times to grow mine again, but it gets to a length at which i can't bear it any more and I get it cut.

I always had hair down to my bum until i went into a hairdressers in my 20s terrified of getting anymore than an inch of the bottom and making the hairdresser promise not to cut any more off and she cut all my hair off. I kid you not. It was up to me ears. And, to add insult to injury, she made it all curly like in the bloody 50s. :cunt:

Posted on

I have naturally curly hair. :banghead: :banghead: Used to drive me mad,although It was great in the late seventies/eighties ! i Just used to wash it fluff it up abit and leave to dry naturally, everybody though I'd had a perm. :oops: but I have it layered short now just abit longer at the neck and I have a pair of GHD's which is a godsend , i do flick type thingys but it stay straighter now . phew

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Mine is long, (halfway down my back) wavy / curly - oh and dark brown. :)

(Just enjoying the hair while I can, I'll probably end up bald when I'm 40.)

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

Grand Master
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Posted on

oohhhh....long dark curly hair....*swoon*

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I have ginger hair so I have it as short as I can, the least possible the better

Posted on

As blokes seem to allowed on this thread, I've got straight blond hair which is just below collar length.

I haven't had it cut since I left work - it just never grows any longer than it is now. I just trim the front bit every now and then. I never need to use a drier, just wash, comb and go - so that's pleasing. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:My hair is now the length where its no longer messy and edgy, but not yet long enough to tie back - so its kind of nothing, and Im thinking about getting it all chopped again...but I've come this far..agggh, what should I do, persevere with it and grow it, or go back to short and funky?!

I personally usually prefer women with longish hair. But some short styles do suit some.

We need a piccy to decide. And I know that ain't gonna happen. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
Whirliegig wrote:My hair is now the length where its no longer messy and edgy, but not yet long enough to tie back - so its kind of nothing, and Im thinking about getting it all chopped again...but I've come this far..agggh, what should I do, persevere with it and grow it, or go back to short and funky?!

I personally usually prefer women with longish hair. But some short styles do suit some.

We need a piccy to decide. And I know that ain't gonna happen. :):

Yeah all very well diablo but *I think* and thats me, that anybody over a *certain age* should really never have long hair! I have friends that have long hair and it really,really ages them ! Looks ok from the back ! shorter hair on an older woman is far more flattering ie *if its a good cut*

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:Yeah all very well diablo but *I think* and thats me, that anybody over a *certain age* should really never have long hair! I have friends that have long hair and it really,really ages them ! Looks ok from the back ! shorter hair on an older woman is far more flattering ie *if its a good cut*

I know that that is the conventional view, but I don't think it is true.

Okay, so sometimes you will approach a woman from the rear (oooh-errr, missus!) and be surprised that the owner of those long luscious locks is older than you expect. But usually if you actually know someone, then you (or more probably, I) find longer hair attractive, even accompanied by a few deep wrinkles. :):

I've known lots of long haired women in their 40s/50s who have looked very appealing, even when I was younger. My cousin, who is in her early 60s has an Egyptian toy-boy, partly due to her long dyed-blonde hair. Though I'm not sure that is entirely a good thing. :)

I used to assume that women with very short styles had kind of 'given up' and opted for the low maintenance option. I suppose that is unfair in many ways, but the 'short hair is a must if you are over X years' thing does give an excuse for it I suppose.

Though I must admit I'd hate to be paying through the nose for expensive styling if I were of the opposite gender. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

I'm just going on friends that have long hair parting in the middle long and unfortunatly very endy*.... When you get olde5r your hair gets much thinner and sometimes its really noticeable! I think get a bloody good cut THEN start growing your hair. The amount of women I've seen and they have this *skinny hair* SORRY but it looks awful I have to be honest I have never seen a womain in her *older years* with *good hair* But thats my Opion . Ok the hair maybe great but usually the face doesnt go with it! :oops: Myself had to get out out *age gap* A womans hair can change thoe whole face! ;)

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Short back and sides (tapered)... swept up at the front

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

diablo wrote:As blokes seem to allowed on this thread, I've got straight blond hair which is just below collar length.

I haven't had it cut since I left work - it just never grows any longer than it is now. I just trim the front bit every now and then. I never need to use a drier, just wash, comb and go - so that's pleasing. :):

awww, how cute, diablo! Of course you're allowed! :thumb:

Posted on

i had bed hair this morning ...needs cutting

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
diablo wrote:I personally usually prefer women with longish hair. But some short styles do suit some.

Yeah all very well diablo but *I think* and thats me, that anybody over a *certain age* should really never have long hair! I have friends that have long hair and it really,really ages them ! Looks ok from the back ! shorter hair on an older woman is far more flattering ie *if its a good cut*

I agree with Dolls, although I do know an old hippy who has long grey hair and it really suits her. Can't picture her any other way. I think older men should also avoid long hair.

Posted on

Diablo, I didn't picture you as bonde :hmmm:

My hair is in a slightly messy mid-length bob at the moment. I've been growing it for a while (I had one of those inverted bobs without a fringe for a while).

Oh, and it's the colour of honey!

Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Short back and sides (tapered)... swept up at the front

I love that style - especially on dark haired men :)

Loves Smeggy's

Next

Return to Lifestyle