Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Budget clothing

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I got a George @ Asda striped navy blue suit jacket for half price £17.50 today. It's actually not bad quality and cut. :):

My favourite undershirt is a white grandad button collar from Debenhams for a few quid.

My current favourite shirt is a really nice blue cotton one with subtle check lines from Berketex @ Littlewoods that I got for £8 a few years ago before they closed on the high street (RIP )

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Sounds like you have an eye for a bargain there! :D

I know several people who shop in Primark, but whenever I go it looks like a jumble sale and the clothes/fabrics seem terrible quality :confused:

Posted on

Oh I love a bargain :D specially if it then turns out to be a favourite and runs and runs...

but like you Ms Honey I really struggle at Primark. Such poor quality, and since I'm not really into throw-away-fashion even their cheap prices dont really tempt me ( although I do buy some kids stuff there, because I'm having to replace trashed, ripped stuff frequently)

I do like TKMaxx for a browse and the odd bargain. But it can be a bit like a jumble sale too...I have to be in the mood.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Primark do some nice t-shirt sometimes. I don't buy a lot there though.

I like to mix and match budget clothes with more expensive stuff.

Also, when I buy clothing I like to put it away and not wear it for months even a couple years. That way you don't wear something and everyone knows where you got it from, or you go into the shop where you bought it and it's still on sale there :o :D

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I think mixing and matching budget clothes with expensive items is a really good idea :)

Posted on

mix and match is a great idea! Howver I'm more mix than match. i dont understand how nice clothes somehow just dont work anymore, off the hanger ( or rather crumpled and out of the back corner of the cupboard) and on me...

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

TKMaxx can be really good value and not just for clothes. It is a little like a jumble sale, but you can find some really good quality stuff there, you just need patience and a little time.

Getting into it now!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!

Posted on

I llike looking through their kitchen wares. Usually something nice and quirky. Is it old catalogue stuff - or sometimes I see things I've noticed before in John Lewis Anyone know where they get their stock from?

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I llike looking through their kitchen wares. Usually something nice and quirky. Is it old catalogue stuff - or sometimes I see things I've noticed before in John Lewis Anyone know where they get their stock from?

Me too! Their kitchen wares are brilliant, I got a stove-top espresso maker for a fiver just before Christmas and we use it loads! Makes a lovely latte. I reckon it would have cost about £25 from somewhere like John Lewis!! No idea where there stock comes from. I rarely have the patience to root through the clothes.

I do the mix & match clothes thing too. I got some good bits from Primark for my holiday last year, but some of their stuff looks worse quality than I'd find at the market. I get quite a lot of stuff from George@Asda, and a few bits from Tescos too, and everything else from Next, Debenhams and Marks & Sparks. Don't get cheap clothes for my son, they just don't last 5 minutes. I always get his school uniform, underwear & socks from M&S, and pretty much everything else from Next.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Posted on

I love a good bargain!

I got a pair of dark red jeans yesterday for a fiver! :D

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

mind you wash them separately! Red jeans and hey presto! pink everything else

MILF

Posted on

I will! :thumb:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I wasn't impressed with Primark, me and my Sister both bought a pair of trousers each, she was buying for my Nephew, both my pair and his were smaller that they were marked up as on the labels. When I go bargain hunting it's usually in Matalan which have some good stuff, Tesco used to be good for bargain clothes but of late nothing seems to appeal to me.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

taliesin wrote: Tesco used to be good for bargain clothes but of late nothing seems to appeal to me.

I buy quite a lot of my work clothes in Tesco, but that's about all these days.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

I used to buy a few bits in Tesco and in Sainsburys - both very cheap.

But I read a magazine article about ethical shopping recently and it seems British supermarkets are now the worst offenders in exploiting workers (children) in poor countries. It has put me off buying their clothes :(

(I don't buy Gap, Nike or from the Disney Shop for the same reason).

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:Primark do some nice t-shirt sometimes. I don't buy a lot there though.

I like to mix and match budget clothes with more expensive stuff.

Also, when I buy clothing I like to put it away and not wear it for months even a couple years. That way you don't wear something and everyone knows where you got it from, or you go into the shop where you bought it and it's still on sale there :o :D

That's exactly what I do! It's true, I go to Primark quite alot and it's true if you wear something you've got in there it's still on sale for ages so everyone's usually wearing the same! :doh: I get a lot at George too in Asda for yself and the kids :)

Trailer Trash
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I bought a pair of jeans for £3 last week.

They would never win any fashion awards in a million years. Even Roy cropper would turn them down for their crappy fit.

However for doing DIY and getting paint and other crap all over them they're were worth every penny :)

Oh OK, not every penny. They are probably worth less than a quid but it is Friday.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Almost every item of clothing I wear is either from Peacocks or Ebay, Peacocks is local and Ebay is great for bargain brand new stuff. Once got a brand new, with tags still on, suit for £9, lovely quality

Posted on

Hardly bought any clothes in the last year. Some £3 jeans from Tesco, a jacket from M&S outlet and a suede winter coat from Asda (£10), plus some socks. Total = £110. :)

I occasionally look in Tesco, Matalan etc. but they seem to be too young for me now. I really hate shopping in town. Will have to visit the Freeport at Fleetwood for some bargains and the wardrobe is looking a little bare. Need some new casual shoes as well dammit.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

fannyadams wrote:TKMaxx can be really good value and not just for clothes. It is a little like a jumble sale, but you can find some really good quality stuff there, you just need patience and a little time.

I've had some amazing deals in TKMaxx although its not the most pleasant shop to enter.

Schott leather Jacket £150 off normal retail.
Slight seconds Loakes boots £50.

Buy my day to day knicks, socks and ts at any outlet that are cheap (and reasonably ethical).

Next

Return to Lifestyle