Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Home decor choices

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

For anyone who's been living on Mars for the last week, I've been offered my own house for the first time in my life and I am having to consider how I would like it to look. I've always loved Japanese style design and am working on putting together a bedroom in that style....on a budget of course......

I've got my sights set on this bedroom furniture:

This border:

And this wall colour:

on at least one, and maybe two walls.....

And...this wallpaper, or something similar, with Kanji if I can find it:

The rest of the house can wait for me to save and get it the way I want, but I do have some money saved since I stopped smoking and.....I want this one room to be a sanctuary for me.....It isn't going to cost a fortune, I would say a maximum of £800.....including a good mattress for my fucked up back neck and knees.

What do you think? And, do you lust after any type of home decor or interior design, or have you actually made it a reality? Care to share?

eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee....I'm so blimmin excited!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Posted on

I should have named this thread "enormous tits and big, hairy fannies exposed"!" :rofl: Cause, like, I mean, who wants to talk about decor????? :rofl:

Posted on

me, me ,
me!!!!!!

the furniture and the colour look gorgeous ari

but you know what - dont make any choices till youre in the place - see where the sun is, how the rooms feel when youre in them - places where the furniture will fit, how you use the rooms and move between them, the awkward corners....etc

Get a feel for the mood of the place before making any decorating decisions and big purchases

Paint it all white, live in it for a bit - and then make it yours.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:me, me ,
me!!!!!!

the furniture and the colour look gorgeous ari

but you know what - dont make any choices till youre in the place - see where the sun is, how the rooms feel when youre in them - where the dark spots are that need brightening, places where the furniture will fit, the awkward corners....etc

live in the place for a bit before making any decorating decisions and big purchases

Paint it all white, live in it for a bit - and then make it yours.

I can see where you're coming from, but how can I live there without a bed and a seat of some kind for my mother and aunt and, maybe even - me? it's actually in a good state of repair and decor...except for the bedroom, which I really will have to do something with.

I do have an airbed, ALBEIT ONE THAT INSISTS ON DEFLATING AFTER ONE NIGHT....
oops, excuse caps....But yes, the awkward corners and so on....yes I can see this is good advice. I do know that, unfortunately, all the furniture I picked out is self assembly! Pre-built furniture is hard to find and expensive these days!

I do agree that you need to get a feel for a house first though.........and I would love to do that...and maybe I even can!

Posted on

I like the furniture. Not entirely sure about the wall colour, but I'd be hopeless at suggesting alternatives. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

yes I agree - of course you need a bed! :D

which direrction is your house orientated ari? wheres the sun ?!

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I think someone said it was in the bedroom in the morning and the lounge in the evening...I've only seen it once, for less than half an hour.....

Posted on

diablo wrote:I like the furniture. Not entirely sure about the wall colour, but I'd be hopeless at suggesting alternatives. :):

It's only for one wall....the rest would be white....I also fancy terracotta, although I expect that to be my main wall colour in the lounge, again, on one wall.... But thanks diabs!

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

Posted on

well that sounds perfect - to wake with the sun in the bedroom, and then have the evening light for the living room...

you could work it out from googlemaps which way it faces - thats really important for me, where the light comes at what time of day.

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:well that sounds perfect - to wake with the sun in the bedroom, and then have the evening light for the living room...

you could work it out from googlemaps which way it faces - thats really important for me, where the light comes at what time of day.

Hmmm...I have looked at the house in GE but have no idea how to see where the sun is coming from?

Posted on

I suppose you can work out which way north is...hey ari, its not a big deal, its just me. it would be one of the first things I'd check - but it doesnt matter to other people!

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I suppose you can work out which way north is...hey ari, its not a big deal, its just me. it would be one of the first things I'd check - but it doesnt matter to other people!

When I lived in SA it was a big deal to have a North-facing house....

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I suppose you can work out which way north is...hey ari, its not a big deal, its just me. it would be one of the first things I'd check - but it doesnt matter to other people!

North...what is the significance of North in the UK?

Posted on

only becasue then youd know where east and west are!

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:only becasue then youd know where east and west are!

:hmmm: :confused: :chin:
Uhhh...okay......

Posted on

sorry - its just on maps, isnt it usually only north thats indicated?

haha! this is going way off on a tangent now...Im so sorry!!!!!!

back to your decor!

MILF

Posted on

I love that wallpaper Ari, it's really classy!

I'm rubbish with colours, having been brought up with glam rock I like lots of bright colours. My choices would be relaxing green for the bedroom,aqua for the bathroom,yellow for kitchen/dining room and terracotta for the lounge. I bet you wish you'd never asked now!

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

I love the Japanese style stuff Ari, just my sort of thing. I have a bit of a Japansese thing going on in my lounge, will take some pics over the weekend if I can.

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Tired but happy

Posted on

ariane wrote:
diablo wrote:I like the furniture. Not entirely sure about the wall colour, but I'd be hopeless at suggesting alternatives. :):

It's only for one wall....the rest would be white....I also fancy terracotta, although I expect that to be my main wall colour in the lounge, again, on one wall.... But thanks diabs!

Any and all suggestions are welcome!

I'm sure it will be fine if just on one wall. If on two, together with the slightly dark furniture it might just appear a little oppressive - unless the windows let in a lot of light. :):

i'm actually thinking of redecorating my front lounge in a similar style to the back one - fake medieval. :) I may post a similar thread to yours sometime to see just how mad the idea seems to others. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

I'm with diablo. Love the furniture. but don't like the wall colours. And I absolutely hate borders period. Hideous things!

Personally I would choose an organic colour, like the one in the piccie behind the chest of drawers ...

.. after the all the furniture you've chosen is lovely and organic.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Next

Return to Lifestyle