Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Home decor choices

Fashion, Travel, Hobbies, Pursuits, Fetishes, etc, etc

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

We have Thakat furniture. Ms Smeggy's idea, I'd never haard of it before I met her, but I love it.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

pompey73 wrote:I love the Japanese style stuff Ari, just my sort of thing. I have a bit of a Japansese thing going on in my lounge, will take some pics over the weekend if I can.

:yippee: cool!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:We have Thakat furniture. Ms Smeggy's idea, I'd never haard of it before I met her, but I love it.

OOooohhh, that's nice! I particularly like how you've stacked ..eh..one table on top of the other there! :rofl:

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:We have Thakat furniture. Ms Smeggy's idea, I'd never haard of it before I met her, but I love it.

I have those same tables! :coffee:

Flatley my dear I don't Riverdance - Alan Partridge. Ha Ha!

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: bruised

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:I like the furniture. Not entirely sure about the wall colour, but I'd be hopeless at suggesting alternatives. :):

I'm with diablo. Love the furniture. but don't like the wall colours. And I absolutely hate borders period. Hideous things!

Personally I would choose an organic colour, like the one in the piccie behind the chest of drawers ...

.. after the all the furniture you've chosen is lovely and organic.

Yeah....I don't want the room to look too dark...the carpet is wine......and the window isn't that big.....so I need to be careful with the wall colour. It's also not a huge room.
I usually don't like borders either, but I love this one.......Thanks for all the advice guys! It's good to have some other brain and style cells on the job too!

I'm so stressed out...........with all this. me digestive system is going into meltdown after 10 days of constant...extreme emotion. Image

Posted on

A deep cream colour for the walls is a good idea, it would complement the furniture you've picked out, and make the room appear bigger and brighten it. Try not to get too stressed out, and take a little time to make your decision. And enjoy it!

Loves The place!

Posted on

Funkadelicacy wrote:

The web site the pic is from is wonderful.......Lovely things there.....I would love a completely Oriental home and Japanese garden........yom. I love the simplicity of Japanese design. Indian decor is more warm and sumptuous....and lovely....

Posted on

ariane wrote:
Funkadelicacy wrote:

The web site the pic is from is wonderful.......Lovely things there.....I would love a completely Oriental home and Japanese garden........yom. I love the simplicity of Japanese design. Indian decor is more warm and sumptuous....and lovely....

I got those tables from a little shop in York. There was a huge cabinet in there, sort of Mexican style, carved and very decorative, the wood was so dark it was almost black, with huge dark metal brackets. I loved it but it wouldn't have suited the room. Japanese gardens are very restful and beautiful in their simplicity, I agree.

Loves The place!

Posted on

Funkadelicacy wrote:A deep cream colour for the walls is a good idea, it would complement the furniture you've picked out, and make the room appear bigger and brighten it. Try not to get too stressed out, and take a little time to make your decision. And enjoy it!

I think you're right.....colour wise i need to be a bit circumspect! Thanks, funks! I am enjoying it, but all the emotions are all joined into one and my insides have no idea if they're good or bad ones! But I am having the time of my life........ :yippee: :yippee: :yippee:

Previous

Return to Lifestyle