Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

What has always bugged you about science?

Into science? Chat about its amazing wonders here. E really does equal MC^2 -> Einstein would be proud!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:
Resonance wrote:Thing is Crumbs, how can you believe in something with zero evidence (god) and then claim to be a scientist? Surely a scientist would look for evidence of god, find none and then discount it as something very unlikely to exist?

Crumbs claims many things, Res... All of which we all know is bollocks.

Its a good job he dosent use internet forums to be taken seriously because nobody does take him seriously.

:D :D :D

Aye, true enough :D

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

crumbs wrote::howl:

Fucking loser. Get a fucking job with someone who will pay you for the shite you know, rather than sitting at home and writing wank on forums.

I don't come on here to be taken seriously, you thick cunt. I have nothing to prove on Internet forums. Those who take me seriously reward me handsomely.

And I don't post on here to try and make myself look clever. Again, those who I need to dispense my immense cerebral services to, reward me for them. :D

Now, are you enjoying CBBC at the moment, you retarded moron? :D :D :D

Not bad, but a little work on the meter might be in order, and possibly the scrubbing of the odd stray comma. Overall, good effort.

Now, about those questions...

On a roll!
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Of course it is, dear. There's a famous quotation I should interject with at this point about drunken men, but I'm too pissed to remember what it was or by whom.

On a roll!

Posted on

Nor me. I don't take myself that seriously.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:I don't come on here to be taken seriously.......

Now, that has really got to be true.

You being a Christian....not true.

You being a scientist....doubtful. You may work in a scientific arena, but ain't no scientist.

Hi Hack, how are you doing? There's no point playing with crumbs, by the way, no point at all. I've given up Ratskep too. Fucking complete waste of time. But at least the people here know and admit we all act like cunts, so that's much better! :thumb:

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Not so grumpy

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
Resonance wrote:Thing is Crumbs, how can you believe in something with zero evidence (god) and then claim to be a scientist? Surely a scientist would look for evidence of god, find none and then discount it as something very unlikely to exist?

The spiritual aspects of religion appeal to me. They provide me with happiness and that's all that matters.

A perfectly reasonable answer from Crumbs.

Let them eat rich, expensive, funny-shaped, yellow, eggy buns.

Really Loves Smeggy's
Current Mood: unplugged

Posted on

Mr Squirrel wrote:Crumbs claims many things, Res... All of which we all know is bollocks.

Crumbs' huuuuge cock is actually a third testicle ?

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Channel Hopper wrote:Crumbs' huuuuge cock is actually a third testicle ?

FIFY

On a roll!

Posted on

Bunny wrote:
crumbs wrote:

The spiritual aspects of religion appeal to me. They provide me with happiness and that's all that matters.

A perfectly reasonable answer from Crumbs.

Man made dogma from organised religious oligarchies is the antithesis of spirituality IMO :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

crumbs wrote:

One can be very spiritual without resorting to the bollocks of religion.

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Atheism is a religion too- a belief that other's beliefs are wrong.

Errr, no, and this is easily the most asinine thing I've encountered you saying in a short but ample field of asinine things.

My atheism isn't even a belief, it's the absence of one, as denoted by the privative prefix 'a'. In short, it consists of not accepting a specific class of truth-claim with regard to a specific class of magical entity. That is all that atheism is. It is both sufficient and necessary, the two criteria that must be fulfilled by any definition, thus it encompasses the full set of all atheists. Anything else, such as actively believing that no deities exist, is additional to that, and not actually necessary.

Please, though. Talk bollocks some more.

Edit: Oh, and as for 'most intolerant', when we start burning people alive or cutting their heads off for disagreeing, I'll allow you to play that card. Until then, I suggest you keep it in reserve for when you run out of fucking stupid things to say.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
Mr Squirrel wrote:
crumbs wrote:

One can be very spiritual without resorting to the bollocks of religion.

Yes, you can. And good luck to you if you prefer that.

Well I'd separate being spiritual and having some adherence to a man made cult as two separate components. There's absolutely nothing spiritual about blindly believing a cult. Being spiritual requires some inner mental energy to function. Blindly believing a religious cult is for the non-thinking and is a lazy, non-thinking pastime.

Religious cults are for those who can't function in any spiritual way or cannot muster up any original thought or individuality. Religious cults aren't always those which have a deity, any kind of regimented institution where blind following of rules happens can be classified as a cult.

There is a delicious irony in atheists being the most intolerant of all.

Bollocks. I'm an atheist to all itnents and purposes, but I am tolerant of any cult followers who are tolerant of people and practises that aren't part of their cult doctrine

Atheism is a religion too- a belief that other's beliefs are wrong.

As hack points out this is nonsense.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:The irony.

Is this the Alanis Morissette sort of irony that isn't actually irony? Can you actually demonstrate it, or is it just the rectally extracted blind assertions so beloved of supernaturalist fuckwits?

As I said, atheists are the most intolerant of all.

Somebody will be right over to set up the stake for your public burning.

You really are a dumb fuck, aren't you?

On a roll!

Posted on

Two science degrees, eh, while remaining ignorant of the rudiments of scientific epistemology? Ah well, god loves a liar. Or is it a trier? Always get confused, what with religious idiots always lying through their teeth (moral grounding my arse).

Oh, and you've added another glaring logical fallacy to your burgeoning collection, namely poisoning the well.Only two more for that set of steak knives...

You fucking moron, you're damned straight we're a world apart. You're an idiot, and I'm correct.

On a roll!

Posted on

I'm entirely sure. If you think that has any bearing on the veracity of what I say, you're now only a single fallacy away from your set iof steak knives. Be sure to include your postal address with your next one so that you can claim your prize, numbnuts.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:So as a musician with not much work, and with no higher (scientific) educational qualifications and no scientific vocation, you're lecturing me? Let's philosophise on that for a while...

"Appeal to authority" is a basic logical fallacy crumbs.

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:So as a musician with not much work, and with no higher (scientific) educational qualifications and no scientific vocation, you're lecturing me?

And there it is, the genetic fallacy. You didn't tell me where to send your steak knives, you stupid twat. Ah well, here's a consolation prize that doesn't require postage:

Let's philosophise on that for a while...

That would require that you were capable of understanding the basic principles of logic, which seems somewhat in doubt.

Edit: tags.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:My entire 30-year career is built upon the principles of logic. It is a fundamental part of Computer Science. But I imagine that you haven't read a book on that yet.

Actually, I've read several. And I'm not much interested in your alleged career, not least because you have demonstrated your incompetence on this topic. I don't give a fuck if you've won a Nobel prize, you're still ignorant of the basics of scientific epistemology.

But what kind of logic are we talking about? Binary? Fuzzy? Neural networks? Parallel processing? Finite-state automatons, deterministic or non-deterministic? Perhaps you could enlighten us on where you've applied your immense skills in logic, as I just have?

Ah, it thinks that throwing out a few terms demonstrates application of immense skill, the thick fuck. Good luck with that.

As it happens, I've studied several logics, including but not exclusively, predicate logic, modal logic, propositional logic and syllogistic logic, but here we're talking about rudimentary analytical logic, which seems to have passed you by, given the number of idiotic fallacies you commit. Even now, you're banging out this verecundiam, despite having had it pointed out that this is a horrible failure of reasoning, which just goes to show how horribly out of your depth you are, you stupid cunt.

You seem to have made an error of judgement in picking on me as someone who might be willing to be bullied and back down or someone who has a thin skin and cannot take criticism or bile from other posters. I've heard it all before.

I didn't pick on you you fucking moron, I picked on the counter-factual drivel you posted. And there was no error in judgement, because your drivel is still rooted in failing to grasp the most rudimentary principles of logical argumentation, hence your continued reliance on the group of catastrophic fallacies you've been erecting from the outset.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote::howl: :howl: :howl:

Where have you applied your book-reading apart from Internet forums? I've spent three decades applying my science degrees.

Which bit of 'this has no fucking relevance' is still failing to penetrate the miasma you laughably call thought, moron? This entire question is rooted in a failure of reasoning.

Even in your earliest posts you admitted that you failed on many forums to regurgitate the shite you read. I wonder why...

Errr, where did I say such a thing?

hackenslash wrote:Tried this topic on several fora, mostly to no avail. Got to be worth another shot here.

Which question in science has always bugged you? Hack is in the house.

:D :D :D

Ah, right. So , not content with clearly having no fucking clue about logic, you now want to demonstrate that you can't even read plain, unambiguous English?

You really are among the thickest cunts I ever came across, and that's including a long line of cretinist morons.

Could it be because posting shite from books you've read versus living in the real world applying scientific knowledge are a world apart? The only people you'll positively engage with on Internet forums are those who know the square-root of fuck-all and have plenty of time on their hands. Like you.

Or could it be that how one acquires knowledge has no bearing on its veracity, any more than specious appeals to authority (especially the doubly dubious appeal to self authority, or the triply dubious appeal to the self-authority of a demonstrable cretin, such as you), popularity, or other irrelevant appeals, like the over-reliance you've demonstrated on the well-poisoning fallacy.

As I said, we're a world apart.

Indeed. I don't demonstrate what a total thick cunt I am with every word I post, for a start.

Oh, and you're still fucking wrong about science, you fucking clueless waste of oxygen. And were you half the genius you paint yourself to be, with your alleged education, you'd actually be able to point out my errors, instead of erecting fuck all but fallacies.

On a roll!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:I'm buying some popcorn this evening. This is going to be fun. :D :D :D

So you finally admit (somewhat tangentially) that you actually have no education in the field of science other than reading some books, and you admit that you have no vocation in the field of science. Hence, your claim to be a scientist and a philosopher (as you stated in one of your first posts on here) is purely an opinion? Correct?

Only on Smeggy's... :D :D :D

Oh dear, and the failure of logic continues.

Please cite Leonardo's formal education in philosophy or science, fuckwit. Do you really think you have a valid point here?

Which bit of 'this is entirely fucking irrelevant' are you struggling with, you stupid ape? Learn to fucking logic, or troll better.

On a roll!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to General Science