Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Can someone please ...

Into science? Chat about its amazing wonders here. E really does equal MC^2 -> Einstein would be proud!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

A gyroscope? Wots you kinky git :rofl:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:A gyroscope? Wots you kinky git :rofl:

:thumb: :thumb: :thumb: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:arnold , with the utmost respect , call me a " denieristsquirrel " , but do you not know that our planet " wobbles " on it's axis ?
it may have caused the last ice age and then a few years later the " end " of that ice-age . i don't know if you can get a toy gyroscope , but if you can use it , and watch what it does please :)

Yes, of course I know it wobbles. I've studied astronomy and the solar system. What do you think causes the wobble? And does that wobble change? How did it cause the last ice age?

Edit: Have you started reading the summary from the link I provided for you yet?

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Not so grumpy

Posted on

I'd show some picces if I could find out how to attach files to a post.........

Loves The place!

Posted on

Loves The place!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:arnold , with the utmost respect , call me a " denieristsquirrel " , but do you not know that our planet " wobbles " on it's axis ?
it may have caused the last ice age and then a few years later the " end " of that ice-age . i don't know if you can get a toy gyroscope , but if you can use it , and watch what it does please :)

Hi wots,

I think we were talking at cross purposes. When you are talking about the wobble, I assumed you were talking about the earth's wobble on it's axis, which is very small. However, changes in climate on the earth can take place because of a combination of the changes of the orbit around the sun, and the fact that the Earth is at a tilt. This combination can cause northern latitudes to get warmer or colder, and so could well have been the cause of the start of the last ice age, given that other factors could then take over. To put crumbs's mind at rest, the next time this sort of combination could take place is in another 30,000 years or so.

There has been general warming since then at a very slow level. In fact, many say that that ice age actually hasn't finished. The temperature changes have been over 100,000 years or so. This is of a very different order of pace.

BTW, I've noticed that none of you have even tried to answer my questions yet, even crumbs. I thought they were easy.

Loves The place!

Posted on

While you are all reading and taking in the evidence I've posted, and coming up with answers to my questions........... :banghead:

Here's something to keep you amused It's only the fucking beavers now, that's all! :rofl:

http://www.ibtimes.co.uk/climate-change-beavers-boost-emissions-800-million-kg-methane-every-year-1479809

Loves The place!

Posted on

nuff said eh arnold ?

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Dunno, wots. Do you know how much CO2 and methane human processes produce? :chin:

Loves The place!

Posted on

less than beavers ? :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

I think beavers and squirrels together would have a job to match humans.

However, it's not really the amount that's produced, because humans only produce about 3% of the overall production. Trouble is, that 3% didn't use to be produced, and we are now out of balance. Either we have to reduce our greenhouse gas production, or find a way to capture it. I don't think the first will be politically possible, so maybe some clever sod will come up with a way of capturing it soon.

Here's an article and a graph of the amount of CO2 in the atmosphere from the first records, which was only in about 1960.

https://www2.ucar.edu/climate/faq/how-much-carbon-dioxide-and-other-kinds-greenhouse-gas-already-atmosphere

Loves The place!

Posted on

Don't matter Arnold. The earth will wipe us out in a few hundred years to be replaced by apes. Haven't you seen the documentary "Planet of The Apes"?

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I think you are wearing the letters off your keyboard pointlessly Arnold. At this time of year a biblical quotation is good - “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Though if their ears are stoppered by ear plugs (made from oil) then they won't hear. :)

I dunno why I ever bothered to post on this thread, I wore out a keyboard on a thread on DS a few years back. Nobody ever read what I'd written they just quoted some false bollocks provided by the big energy producers. :(

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Oh yes, cool.

Actually, you're right, it doesn't matter. The politicians won't do enough, so if it's going to happen it will. No doubt some living creatures will survive, and the Earth will continue as if nothing has happened.

In the meantime, the human race have plenty of ways in which it can fuck itself up. Cheery thought of the day! :thumb: :rofl:

Loves The place!

Posted on

diablo wrote:I think you are wearing the letters off your keyboard pointlessly Arnold. At this time of year a biblical quotation is good - “Whoever has ears to hear, let them hear.” Though if their ears are stoppered by ear plugs (made from oil) then they won't hear. :)

I dunno why I ever bothered to post on this thread, I wore out a keyboard on a thread on DS a few years back. Nobody ever read what I'd written they just quoted some false bollocks provided by the big energy producers. :(

It's ok, I've been more vocal before, but it's not really worth the effort, you're right. Nobody will have read any of the articles I've posted. It's only confirmation of their own beliefs they want. Still, they are a good laugh, aren't they? Ignorance is bliss, they say! :rofl:

Loves The place!

Posted on

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Most of the letters are actually worn off my keyboard. Fortunately I can touch type :D :D

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

"This would have the effect of reflecting and refracting sunlight off the surface of the ocean," said Prof Forster.

Actually, wots, the idea is not as stupid as it sounds. The amount of light and heat a planet reflects depends on something called it's albedo, which is basically a measure of how reflective it is. Of course....and you'll realise this, wots......the ice at the poles is very reflective. The fact that this ice is reducing in size also means that the albedo is reducing. That's what's called a feedback process, the warming is causing the reduction in ice, which, in it self, is causing increased warming. It's a bummer. The idea with the bubbles is to increase the albedo artificially.

Or they could stop ships sailing altogether and save the fucking things polluting the atmosphere. Just a thought.

Loves The place!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:Most of the letters are actually worn off my keyboard. Fortunately I can touch type :D :D

explins thee spolloing mistoakes then :D

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Arnold Layne wrote:"This would have the effect of reflecting and refracting sunlight off the surface of the ocean," said Prof Forster.

Actually, wots, the idea is not as stupid as it sounds. The amount of light and heat a planet reflects depends on something called it's albedo, which is basically a measure of how reflective it is. Of course....and you'll realise this, wots......the ice at the poles is very reflective. The fact that this ice is reducing in size also means that the albedo is reducing. That's what's called a feedback process, the warming is causing the reduction in ice, which, in it self, is causing increased warming. It's a bummer. The idea with the bubbles is to increase the albedo artificially.

Or they could stop ships sailing altogether and save the fucking things polluting the atmosphere. Just a thought.

some have said that it's soot causing the ice to melt because it absorbs the suns rays :shrug:

It's all bollocks!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to General Science