Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Can someone please ...

Into science? Chat about its amazing wonders here. E really does equal MC^2 -> Einstein would be proud!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Resonance wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:
No, not at all. I have no idea where you got that from. Do you actually think governments want to spend billions on fighting climate change? They would prefer that it wasn't happening. They actually fund scientific research. When the scientists find something, and write a paper, then that paper has to go through a peer review process before it is accepted. Now, there have been several high profile times when that process hasn't worked, but in general it does. And it's been tightened up.

So, back to my questions, which you are studiously ignoring. Are you going to address them, or do I take it that you don't want to view the evidence? :(

Governments don't spend billions, tax payers do. Do I think Governments see green taxes as a new cash cow, hell yes.

I've not ignored your question. Governments (tax payers) fund studies that support man made global warming, they don't fund sceptics. I don't know what else I can say.They only fund one side of the argument, so there will only every be one result.

:clap: :clap: :clap:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:has anyone read the latest bollocks ?
HAHAHAHAHAHAH . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Kill a squirrel i say to save us allll
:howl: :howl: :howl: :howl: :howl: :howl: :howl: :howl: :howl:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30456869

Don't know how much squirrels will affect it, but if the permafrost thaws we're fucked!

Loves The place!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Not so grumpy

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Green environmental bollocks is exatly that: bollocks.

That's a very eloquent argument you've put forward there, crumbs! :rofl:

Loves The place!

Posted on

Arnold Layne wrote:
HAHAHAHAHAHAH . :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't know how much squirrels will affect it, but if the permafrost thaws we're fucked!

well , you've been warned about squirrels now , haven't you ? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

OK, folks. Let's do something different. Instead of concentrating on taking the piss out of individual articles and making claims about politics and environmental bollocks, let's concentrate on the actual climate change and the science. Do you think you can do that? Leave your political baggage behind.

So, I have a few questions to ask you. Particularly those of you who have contributed to this thread.

1. Is the planet warming? If no, please provide evidence.

2. If yes, is it warming faster than it has in the past? If no, please provide evidence.

3, If yes, why do you think it is doing so? Please provide evidence.

Any words you can add which aids understanding will be gratefully received.

Anyone who can't answer the questions doesn't know enough to have an valid opinion on the subject. Although that doesn't, obviously, stop you having an opinion nor expressing it! ;)

Of course, those are just the simple questions. Anyone up for it?

Loves The place!

Posted on

My argument is how do you obtain average temperatures for before the last ice age and beyond? How can we compare recent weather patterns to a few thousand years ago she there are no records of temperature or accurate weather patterns?

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:My argument is how do you obtain average temperatures for before the last ice age and beyond? How can we compare recent weather patterns to a few thousand years ago she there are no records of temperature or accurate weather patterns?

the squirrels had thermometers all the time , and now they are going to take over the world stan :eek: :eek: :eek: :eek: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Arnold Layne wrote:OK, folks. Let's do something different. Instead of concentrating on taking the piss out of individual articles and making claims about politics and environmental bollocks, let's concentrate on the actual climate change and the science. Do you think you can do that? Leave your political baggage behind.

So, I have a few questions to ask you. Particularly those of you who have contributed to this thread.

2. If yes, is it warming faster than it has in the past? If no, please provide evidence.

Anyone who can't answer the questions doesn't know enough to have an valid opinion on the subject. Although that doesn't, obviously, stop you having an opinion nor expressing it! ;)

arnold , can YOU yourself say that YOU have seen any difference ?

If yes , please provide YOUR evidence .

For me , it gets cold in winter and hot in summer :shrug:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:For me , it gets cold in winter and hot in summer :shrug:

You ought to apply to become a government paid shill 'scientist'. You know more than them. :D :D :D

ok then ... gissa few quid and i'll say the winters are warmer than i remember when i was a kid :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

are the squirrels ahead of us humans in the race to get to mars now ?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-30456664

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:Never trust a squirrel. Bushy cunts.

they are gun toting , global warming causing maniacs .... BEWARE THE SQUIRRELS !!!!

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Especially those that drive lorries :hmmm: :D

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:Especially those that drive lorries :hmmm: :D

yeah , they are absolute bastards :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
crumbs wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:For me , it gets cold in winter and hot in summer :shrug:

You ought to apply to become a government paid shill 'scientist'. You know more than them. :D :D :D

ok then ... gissa few quid and i'll say the winters are warmer than i remember when i was a kid :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

I trust thermometers rather than the memories of oil company shills like yourselves.

Nine of the 10 hottest years recorded worldwide have occurred since 2000 and there has not been an annual global cold record set since 1911, according to the National Climatic Data Center in the US.

The trend is similar in Europe, where scientists say there has not been an annual cold record set across the continent since 1956.

2014 is likely to be warmer than any of the last 500 years, the scientists say, based on analysis of early instrumental records, and proxies for such data like tree rings.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:My argument is how do you obtain average temperatures for before the last ice age and beyond? How can we compare recent weather patterns to a few thousand years ago she there are no records of temperature or accurate weather patterns?

Here's a starter, Stan.

http://www.giss.nasa.gov/research/briefs/schmidt_01/

And here's an example using ice cores

http://www.scientificamerican.com/article/ice-core-data-help-solve/

Loves The place!

Posted on

So they found factor 1000 sun cream that dino's used in fossils? :D ;)

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

crumbs wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:OK, folks. Let's do something different. Instead of concentrating on taking the piss out of individual articles and making claims about politics and environmental bollocks, let's concentrate on the actual climate change and the science. Do you think you can do that? Leave your political baggage behind.

1. Compared to what period? This climate change BOLLOCKS can be used to back up any viewpoint you want. An ice age is due relatviely soon.
Any period at all, crumbs. Go for it. Show me where it says it's been warming faster. You haven't answered the question, though. Have a go at answering the question. Is the planet warming AT ALL? Please provide evidence for when the next ice age will start. next week, is it?

2. Compared to what period? See 1. An ice age is due relatively soon.
See 1.

3. Because the planet warms up and cools down in cycles. Why the fuck do you think we're going to be entering another ice age fairly soon (in planetary terms, fairly soon)?
See 1.

http://geography.about.com/od/globalpro ... iceage.htm

Ah, I see you think that's evidence! There is nowhere where that says a new ice age is due. It says that the current global warming....notice there he says that the earth is warming.....could cause more snow in the Arctic. Great, what else does that say, crumbs? Anything?

Solar activity has BY FAR the greatest influence on whether the planet ir warming up or cooling down.
No it doesn't. Otherwise the temperatures on earth would follow the metronomic pattern of solar activity. It has some effect, but not the most on the fast variation of global temperatures that we are experiencing.

I say pump out gazillions of carbon dioxides so we don't get another ice age. Or do you want to bring one on early and wipe out everything on this planet?

You are talking about things which come about in large timescales. It's not just round the corner, crumbs. I wouldn't be worrying about an ice age, if I were you.

The green environmental BOLLOCKS has one purpose: governments can use it as emotional blackmail to TAX us to death.
And spend the money on windfarms! :rofl:

Loves The place!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:
Arnold Layne wrote:

well , you've been warned about squirrels now , haven't you ? :hmmm: :hmmm: :hmmm:

Ah yes, but these are special squirrels, you know, not your common or garden squirrels! :rofl:

Loves The place!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:

arnold , can YOU yourself say that YOU have seen any difference ?

If yes , please provide YOUR evidence .

For me , it gets cold in winter and hot in summer :shrug:

Yes, there's a problem here. When we talk about weather, rather than climate, we look around us and we can say things like "it's fucking cold this winter, what about that global warming, eh? Load of bollocks." It's no use at all comparing your own conditions with one you remember. It's too local. Global warming means just that, the rise in mean temperature across the globe. You can even compare, say, one year to the year before, as an example, and find a drop in temperature. So you have to use a trend to see what's happening over a period of time. And it's not just the temperature of the ground, but of the air and the oceans. The oceans are particularly difficult.

Anyway, I've tried to dig out some information that I'd like you to look at. It's only fair that I provide my evidence while I ask for yours.

Here's a short read!!!! But I don't expect you to read it all. But you can click on the Summary For Policymakers to see a summary of the report.

https://www.ipcc.ch/report/ar5/wg1/

Gotta go, back for more in a bit!

Loves The place!

Posted on

arnold , with the utmost respect , call me a " denieristsquirrel " , but do you not know that our planet " wobbles " on it's axis ?
it may have caused the last ice age and then a few years later the " end " of that ice-age . i don't know if you can get a toy gyroscope , but if you can use it , and watch what it does please :)

It's all bollocks!

PreviousNext

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to General Science