Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

"The Tudors" BBC2 - is it worth watching ?

All about TV programmes whether you love them or hate them!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

BBC2 have been pumping out two 55 minute episodes for a while now and I've been recording them in HD. I have loads of episodes on my hard disk now and there are 38 in all I'm told. :eek4:

I intend to watch the first episode tonight and I'm half hoping it is crap (despite some very good reviews) so I can delete the lot. :D

Anyone watched it, does it get very tedious and samey after a while?

I could just archive the lot on a separate hard drive in case I get desperate for viewing at some time? :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

We're in the same position. Have recorded them, but haven't watched yet.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

diablo wrote:BBC2 have been pumping out two 55 minute episodes for a while now and I've been recording them in HD. I have loads of episodes on my hard disk now and there are 38 in all I'm told. :eek4:

I intend to watch the first episode tonight and I'm half hoping it is crap (despite some very good reviews) so I can delete the lot. :D

Anyone watched it, does it get very tedious and samey after a while?

I could just archive the lot on a separate hard drive in case I get desperate for viewing at some time? :)

Dabs I think there's a thread on DS a out it.

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
Dabs I think there's a thread on DS a out it.

Aye, I've read a bit of it tonight, opinion seems that it is mediocre to poor. Sample comment -

The script was beyond appalling. It was like it had been taken from an A'level history essay.

"This treaty will change European history forever. It will be the first time humanist principles have been applied......etc etc."

"And what about you, my daughter Anne Boleyn?"

I'll watch the first one after my Fred Dibner prog finishes I think but I'm inclined to dump it. :)

I was wondering if it was a series which didn't pander to the older female audience as much hystericalhistorical drama is inclined to these days. :) But maybe not.

Fred has just finished so - on with the ep !

Nutter!!

Posted on

I find that reviews are often full of crap anyway. Everyone is different and you have to watch something and then decide. Some mediocre things I can watch if I'm in the mood but if I'm not then it gets put off till I am.

The Borgia's was rated exceptional I think, I however found it boring, even with all the sex and violence in it. :shrug:

I hate it when you watch a great US show and after one series it gets cancelled. Even though it gets gdecent viewing figures. :(

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

diablo wrote:Anyone watched it, does it get very tedious and samey after a while?

No rotting teeth, pustules, skin infections, colds, amputees, very few disabled people, all clothing looks like it has the Lenor touch (even the peasants).

The gallows are very accurate machined bits of wood, the brickwork of all buildings is outstanding, plus there is double glazing in a couple of shots.

Rhys Meyers couldn't act his way into a pantomime and the bint that plays Boleyn has a half chromosome thing going on.

It's The 1500's according to Dan Snow, I'd delete it now, before you get sucked in.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

Watched first ep. Bit of a curate's egg really. Some good bits, some soap opera scenes, a few naked young bints, variable script quality. Didn't like the actor playing the king (Jonathan Rhys Meyers whoever he is) as he is the wrong size and shape for a start, plus he's not the best actor in the world.

Too much annoying about it so series dumped. :)

Anyway I got lots of 'I CLAVDIVS' to catch up on instead. I know that's pretty good as I watched it first time 70 years ago. :):

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:Watched first ep. Bit of a curate's egg really. Some good bits, some soap opera scenes, a few naked young bints, variable script quality. Didn't like the actor playing the king (Jonathan Rhys Meyers whoever he is) as he is the wrong size and shape for a start, plus he's not the best actor in the world.

Too much annoying about it so series dumped. :)

Anyway I got lots of 'I CLAVDIVS' to catch up on instead. I know that's pretty good as I watched it first time 70 years ago. :):

You do know it's being remade

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt1100050/boa ... /183970178

DeCaprio :roll:

Russell Brand is an outside favourite for the position of Nero.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

You've put me off now. Will still take a look though. If only for the 'naked young bints' Diabs mentioned :)

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to TV