Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story BBC4 9pm

All about TV programmes whether you love them or hate them!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Might be interesting.



DOCUMENTARY: Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story
On: BBC 4 HD (106)
Date: Thursday 18th June 2015 (starting in 2 hours and 28 minutes)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

A Question of Identity.
Series in which surgeon Gabriel Weston explores the history and development of forensic science. The first episode looks at the difficulty of identifying the body in a murder case. The question of identity is a crucial start to the investigation. From charred bones to bodies completely dissolved in acid, with each horrific new case science has had to adapt to identify both the victim and the murderer. Investigating four breakthrough cases, Gabriel reveals the scientific innovations that tipped the scales of justice in favour of the detective - and caught the killers.
(Editor's Choice, Stereo, New Series, Widescreen, Subtitles, Audio Described, Episode 1)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Sounds good dabs.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Enjoying so far.

Buck Ruxton the doctors story is interesting.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Just watched it, was pretty good I thought. Quite a few things I didn't know.

I watched a dramatisation of the Pitchfork murders recently so I knew all about that. I remember reading about Hague, the acid bath man, but I didn't know the full story by a long way. Other two cases were new to me.

The new technique they are developing to reconstruct the image of a face from DNA could be a valuable tool in the future.

By 2090 it will be so difficult to commit a murder and not be found out they will have to set all crime novels in the past. :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:Just watched it, was pretty good I thought. Quite a few things I didn't know.

I watched a dramatisation of the Pitchfork murders recently so I knew all about that. I remember reading about Hague, the acid bath man, but I didn't know the full story by a long way. Other two cases were new to me.

The new technique they are developing to reconstruct the image of a face from DNA could be a valuable tool in the future.

By 2090 it will be so difficult to commit a murder and not be found out they will have to set all crime novels in the past. :)



I love true crime stories so I knew quite abit about Haigh,Ruxton,Pitchfork fascinating though.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:
diablo wrote:Just watched it, was pretty good I thought. Quite a few things I didn't know.

I watched a dramatisation of the Pitchfork murders recently so I knew all about that. I remember reading about Hague, the acid bath man, but I didn't know the full story by a long way. Other two cases were new to me.

The new technique they are developing to reconstruct the image of a face from DNA could be a valuable tool in the future.

By 2090 it will be so difficult to commit a murder and not be found out they will have to set all crime novels in the past. :)



I love true crime stories so I knew quite abit about Haigh,Ruxton,Pitchfork fascinating though.


I spelled the name wrong, oops. :oops: Must have been thinking of the evil William Hague. :rofl:

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:Enjoying so far.

Buck Ruxton the doctors story is interesting.

it features in that book i bought you dolls :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:
Dolls wrote:Enjoying so far.

Buck Ruxton the doctors story is interesting.

it features in that book i bought you dolls :)


Yes I read it in other books as well yonks ago.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:
Dolls wrote:Enjoying so far.

Buck Ruxton the doctors story is interesting.

it features in that book i bought you dolls :)


Yes I read it in other books as well yonks ago.

:)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Episode two tonight.

DOCUMENTARY: Catching History's Criminals: The Forensics Story
On: BBC 4 HD (106)
Date: Thursday 25th June 2015 (starting in 4 hours and 26 minutes)
Time: 21:00 to 22:00 (1 hour long)

Traces of Guilt.
Series in which surgeon Gabriel Weston explores the history and development of forensic science. In this second episode, she looks at cases that were solved by examining the smallest traces of forensic evidence, from the first murder case solved in the UK based on fingerprint evidence to the patterns of blood in a bedroom which helped overturn an infamous murder conviction. As well as looking to the past, Gabriel investigates the cutting-edge techniques that are proving vital in catching the killers of today. Amazingly, forensic science can now detect with pinpoint accuracy where someone has walked across an area the size of Scotland, based on nothing more than the soil stuck to the sole of a suspect's shoe.
(Editor's Choice, Stereo, New Episode, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles, Audio Described, Episode 2)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9704
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Thanks dabs will watch that,loved last weeks.

It's amazing as they can now DNA leaves of trees etc.Also they can tell from dirt,grass etc where exactly it originates from as in some cases the plant matter is only found in certain areas. Wish I was a brainy person would have loved to study forensics. :(

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Sod it :( I fell asleep. :shrug:

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Catch it on iPlayer Dolls.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19165
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yeah I know.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

delete.

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:Now fuck orf and don't come back.


:eek: Charming :rofl:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19165
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:Now fuck orf and don't come back.


:eek: Charming :rofl:



:howl: :howl: oops I didn't mean you wrong forum. :howl:

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:
Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:Now fuck orf and don't come back.


:eek: Charming :rofl:



:howl: :howl: oops I didn't mean you wrong forum. :howl:


I did wonder what I'd done to upset you :rofl:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19165
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:
Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:Now fuck orf and don't come back.


:eek: Charming :rofl:



:howl: :howl: oops I didn't mean you wrong forum. :howl:


I did wonder what I'd done to upset you :rofl:



:squeeze:

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 34820
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I forgive you Dolls. You are my forum Grandma after all :rofl: :rofl:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19165
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to TV

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests

cron