Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Trust Me, I'm a Doctor BBC2 - you missed it :)

All about TV programmes whether you love them or hate them!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Apparently the best treatment for corns or veruccas is duck tape, much better than the freezing treatment given at your doctors.

Healthiest fats for frying are lard and butter.

Bet you didn't know those things. :)




HEALTH: Trust Me, I'm a Doctor
On: BBC 2 HD (102)
Date: Wednesday 29th July 2015 (Already shown)
Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long)

Going behind the headlines to give the definitive answers to health questions. Michael Mosley and the doctors delve once again into the confusing world of health claims. In this programme, they recruit over 200 volunteers to test a surprising way to cure food cravings, while Michael tries a new technique to beat the habits we find hardest to kick. Dr Chris van Tulleken looks at whether organic food is better for your health, whilst surgeon Gabriel Weston investigates a potentially groundbreaking new treatment for cancer and Dr Saleyha Ahsan shows how to spot a stroke before it happens.
(Stereo, Episode 3, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles, Series 3, Audio Described, 2013)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9621
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:Apparently the best treatment for corns or veruccas is duck tape, much better than the freezing treatment given at your doctors.

Healthiest fats for frying are lard and butter.

Bet you didn't know those things. :)




HEALTH: Trust Me, I'm a Doctor
On: BBC 2 HD (102)
Date: Wednesday 29th July 2015 (Already shown)
Time: 20:00 to 21:00 (1 hour long)

Going behind the headlines to give the definitive answers to health questions. Michael Mosley and the doctors delve once again into the confusing world of health claims. In this programme, they recruit over 200 volunteers to test a surprising way to cure food cravings, while Michael tries a new technique to beat the habits we find hardest to kick. Dr Chris van Tulleken looks at whether organic food is better for your health, whilst surgeon Gabriel Weston investigates a potentially groundbreaking new treatment for cancer and Dr Saleyha Ahsan shows how to spot a stroke before it happens.
(Stereo, Episode 3, Widescreen, High Definition, Subtitles, Series 3, Audio Described, 2013)



One of our former forum members posted that advice re verrucas few years ago on DS

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Useful stuff gaffa tape :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 111437
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Useful stuff gaffa tape :)


If it doesn't move and it should - WD40
If it moves and it shouldn't - duck tape.

Both have numerous other uses. :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9621
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Useful stuff gaffa tape :)


If it doesn't move and it should - WD40
If it moves and it shouldn't - duck tape.

Both have numerous other uses. :)



Stop calling it Duct Tape - Fucking Americanisms!!!!! :rofl: :rofl:

Gaffa Tape!!! :D

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 111437
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

bodge tape !!!

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Never heard it called that :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 111437
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Never heard it called that :)

used to call it that in the RAF smeggy :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Never heard it called that :)

used to call it that in the RAF smeggy :)


Hope you didn't use it to 'bodge up' the planes Wots :eek4: :rofl:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 18710
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Never heard it called that :)

used to call it that in the RAF smeggy :)


Hope you didn't use it to 'bodge up' the planes Wots :eek4: :rofl:



Probably I think that's what wots means. :rofl:

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 33425
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:
smeggypants wrote:Never heard it called that :)

used to call it that in the RAF smeggy :)


Hope you didn't use it to 'bodge up' the planes Wots :eek4: :rofl:

it was invented for that purpose res :) so , of course :D

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Useful stuff gaffa tape :)



Fred West thought so too. :D

Blindly believing everything that i dont read in the daily propaganda tabloids


Irritating the humorless since 1973

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9824
Joined: Sun Jul 25, 2010 9:33 pm
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to TV

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 13 guests