Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

amazon Kindle?

Like a good read? You're not the only one! Talk about it here!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Anyone have one or something similar to read books on? What do you think of it and is it better than the actual book? Im complating getting one but I love my paper copies to much.



User avatar
Sweetheart
Posts: 4417
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Anyone have one or something similar to read books on? What do you think of it and is it better than the actual book? Im complating getting one but I love my paper copies to much.


Nah I love my paper books too much ....the smell of an old book shop is just magic ....... :)




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Save a tree :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118322
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Save a tree :)


Loose our History .... ;) think of Winstons job in 1984 .........whole sections could be cut out and others added :D the trees will be just fine ....a 2 hour drive through Norway or Canada will tell you we have plenty ........just like we have plenty of land for billions of us to live and survive ..........if it was not owned by the elite ......who will change the content of old books that warned us about them :rofl: .




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

This is the full version of the BBCs 1984 for anyone who has not nor will never read the book ..........this was NO clever prediction ....just the plans made years ago .....but they failed to understand how wonderful the decent human spirit will fight about what is wrong and not blindly accept what they tell us as truth or fact .





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote: will fight about what is wrong and notblindly accept what they tell us as truth or fact .




... Some will! In fact many will. In fact too many will. The FACT that our successive elected governments spend BILLIONS on killing people in the Middle east upon a lie and then cause us to rely upon Charities for cancer research just proves that too may will accept what they tell us as fact/truth.

Anyway ...... don't knock the E-Book.

There are some books online that would be difficult to source in a traditional tree based form.

Eustace Mullins -Secrets of The Federal Reserve

Carroll Quigley - The Anglo American Establishment

Are just two examples I can think off.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118322
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote: will fight about what is wrong and notblindly accept what they tell us as truth or fact .




... Some will! In fact many will. In fact too many will. The FACT that our successive elected governments spend BILLIONS on killing people in the Middle east upon a lie and then cause us to rely upon Charities for cancer research just proves that too may will accept what they tell us as fact/truth.

Anyway ...... don't knock the E-Book.

There are some books online that would be difficult to source in a traditional tree based form.

Eustace Mullins -Secrets of The Federal Reserve

Carroll Quigley - The Anglo American Establishment

Are just two examples I can think off.


both can still be bought on paper smeggy .........we are thank god still not yet in 1984 :rofl: but when the machine replaces paper be on guard .




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Kindles are good for going on holiday when you want to save weight in the case,easy to carry around and easy to read,but for me it will never replace the book forever. My partner has one and we both use it,she does more than I,and they are very easy to use.

Image

User avatar
Highway Star
Posts: 4835
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 6:41 pm
Location: Copperhead Road.
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: Rocking as usual!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

John lee Pettimore wrote:Kindles are good for going on holiday when you want to save weight in the case,easy to carry around and easy to read,but for me it will never replace the book forever. My partner has one and we both use it,she does more than I,and they are very easy to use.


yup I get that as holiday reading is usually pretty light weight stuff in its content .... :thumb: no one take the classics etc to a sunny beach normally :D




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:
both can still be bought on paper smeggy .........we are thank god still not yet in 1984 :rofl: but when the machine replaces paper be on guard .


When the Stasi raid your house to confiscate and burn your paper, I will hide my tiny memory sticks and retain the dissident knowledge ;)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118322
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

annie27 wrote:This is the full version of the BBCs 1984 for anyone who has not nor will never read the book ..........this was NO clever prediction ....just the plans made years ago .....but they failed to understand how wonderful the decent human spirit will fight about what is wrong and not blindly accept what they tell us as truth or fact . you might find 1 hour .19 mins interesting if you can not focus on the whole play





Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:
both can still be bought on paper smeggy .........we are thank god still not yet in 1984 :rofl: but when the machine replaces paper be on guard .


When the Stasi raid your house to confiscate and burn your paper, I will hide my tiny memory sticks and retain the dissident knowledge ;)


:howl: so porn will be saved for the future ..what a fecking blessing Smeggy :finger: :squeeze:




Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote:
both can still be bought on paper smeggy .........we are thank god still not yet in 1984 :rofl: but when the machine replaces paper be on guard .


When the Stasi raid your house to confiscate and burn your paper, I will hide my tiny memory sticks and retain the dissident knowledge ;)


I hope they are tiny Smeggy or that could be painful :rofl:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19240
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Anyone have one or something similar to read books on? What do you think of it and is it better than the actual book? Im complating getting one but I love my paper copies to much.


Having the exact same thought, LLC, I love the idea of carrying around a whole library of books in my handbag, but I love my real books so much!; not sure I could give them up for the digital version, it's just not the same, is it?

Image
"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

User avatar
Haunting Beauty
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm
Location: Scotland
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:
annie27 wrote: will fight about what is wrong and notblindly accept what they tell us as truth or fact .




... Some will! In fact many will. In fact too many will. The FACT that our successive elected governments spend BILLIONS on killing people in the Middle east upon a lie and then cause us to rely upon Charities for cancer research just proves that too may will accept what they tell us as fact/truth.

Anyway ...... don't knock the E-Book.

There are some books online that would be difficult to source in a traditional tree based form.

Eustace Mullins -Secrets of The Federal Reserve

Carroll Quigley - The Anglo American Establishment

Are just two examples I can think off.


The reverse is also true, Smeggy, a number of books that I've bought from Amazon lately aren't available in Kindle format. I checked.

Image
"TONGUE-tied and twisted, just an earthbound misfit, I"

User avatar
Haunting Beauty
Posts: 4600
Joined: Fri Feb 20, 2009 4:20 pm
Location: Scotland
Current Mood: Spine chillingly spooky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Feck, I get irritated if I see a pdf here so Kindle can feck right off :rofl:
I suppose they'd have their uses but a real book don't need recharging overnight and is kinder to the environment due to this. Most trees cut down these days have a replacement standing by :splif: Besides, leaving a Kindle on the bus is far more expensive than leaving a paperback :splif:

Planets and Atmospheres: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter4
The Dome of Clement: http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter2#
Minimal Cheese available at http://www.cdbaby.com/cd/philter
Website: http://www.philter.org

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7125
Joined: Wed Oct 20, 2010 10:16 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Thanks for the views everyone, I think Il hold off on getting one atm, As I said you cant beat a proper book!



User avatar
Sweetheart
Posts: 4417
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Like Annie said you cant beat the smell of a second hand bookshop. :eek: Or a library.... :eek: They just dont go with my body.....As soon as I get in one those places I have to run to the loo..... :rofl: :oops: I know,know....weird but It's a wonderful place if your consipated! I do not know what it is but I do ! Everytime I walk into a beautiful old bookshop....I have to leave.... :oops: :rofl: This was years ago now but I'm scared that I walk in and I cant find a loo..... :oops: :confused:

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35173
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Books

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

cron