Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Kindle For PC

Like a good read? You're not the only one! Talk about it here!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Oh rocky I answered that and they realised what I just said! :dog: :dog:



User avatar
Sweetheart
Posts: 4417
Joined: Thu Apr 09, 2009 12:51 pm
Location: Northern Ireland
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Little_Law_Chick wrote:Oh rocky I answered that and they realised what I just said! :dog: :dog:


Ok. LLC..The answer is funny I'll admit. :rofl:



User avatar
Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 4775
Joined: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:00 pm
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Changeable

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Spill the beans :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118298
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Not sure if that's possible on the computer, but you can definitely get this kindle app on android/iphones :)



nooby
Posts: 1
Joined: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:25 am

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Welcome to Smeggy's Crystal :cheers: :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118298
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I've got kindle app on me eipad!! Real fab and some books are only 79p

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35167
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

What annoys me is the latest Terry Brooks book is a pound cheaper to buy as paperback than on the kindle. Makes me want to illegally download it :(



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Kindle book orders you pay vat as well!! Mind you some are so cheap,I got mega ghost stories for just 79p

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35167
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:Kindle book orders you pay vat as well!! Mind you some are so cheap,I got mega ghost stories for just 79p


Isn't there any VAT on books then Dolls??



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19239
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:Kindle book orders you pay vat as well!! Mind you some are so cheap,I got mega ghost stories for just 79p


Isn't there any VAT on books then Dolls??



No apparently not on paperbacks!! So I read on amazon site!

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35167
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

For Eg: my last kindle order it says underneath 'unlike printed books kindle are subject to vat' you find the vat inclusive though!

:maddy: Image


Image

User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35167
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:For Eg: my last kindle order it says underneath 'unlike printed books kindle are subject to vat' you find the vat inclusive though!


The book I want is £8 the paperback is £7.
20% of £8 is 40p :hmmm:

Profits for Amazon methinks, or the author. :ninja:



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:
Resonance wrote:
Dolls wrote:Kindle book orders you pay vat as well!! Mind you some are so cheap,I got mega ghost stories for just 79p


Isn't there any VAT on books then Dolls??



No apparently not on paperbacks!! So I read on amazon site!


Ah right. Didn't realise that. You'd think the government would get with the times and exempt E-books as well. Saying that they probably see it as a way of taxing books long term as more and more people move away from printed books.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19239
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stanley Tweedle wrote:
Dolls wrote:For Eg: my last kindle order it says underneath 'unlike printed books kindle are subject to vat' you find the vat inclusive though!


The book I want is £8 the paperback is £7.
20% of £8 is 40p :hmmm:

Profits for Amazon methinks, or the author. :ninja:


£1.60 surely :)

Anyway it's the VAT on the £7 we should be working out which is £1.40, so Amazon are discounting the Kindle book by a massive 40p :roll:



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19239
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:Ah right. Didn't realise that. You'd think the government would get with the times and exempt E-books as well. Saying that they probably see it as a way of taxing books long term as more and more people move away from printed books.


Yes, they'll probably even it up by putting VAT on printed books. :)

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9719
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:
Resonance wrote:Ah right. Didn't realise that. You'd think the government would get with the times and exempt E-books as well. Saying that they probably see it as a way of taxing books long term as more and more people move away from printed books.


Yes, they'll probably even it up by putting VAT on printed books. :)


Don't give 'em ideas :)



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19239
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Of course Res silly me. :)
Divided £8 by 20 instead of 20% on the calc :doh:

You will always need certain books in print. Like school/college workbooks, can't exactly take a mobile device into your exam in case of cheating. Who wouldn't go on google to find an answer? :D



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stanley Tweedle wrote:Of course Res silly me. :)
Divided £8 by 20 instead of 20% on the calc :doh:

You will always need certain books in print. Like school/college workbooks, can't exactly take a mobile device into your exam in case of cheating. Who wouldn't go on google to find an answer? :D


Yes true. I prefer 'real' books anyway tbh. Although I do sometimes use Kindle via my phone or tablet.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19239
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Books

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest