Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Enid Blyton *Fives Books*

Like a good read? You're not the only one! Talk about it here!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

wish i could find them now dolls but as far as the three golliwogs is concerened i dont have a snowball in hells chance :thumbdown:

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

Golliwogs .. lol

My two elder sis had them ..

From a Robinson sales Promotion ..

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

I just received The Comic Strip complete DVD set from Amazon - Five Go Mad in Dorset was the first one on, and I just watched Five Go Mad on Mescalin. Excellent! Hasn't dated at all.

This has been a ThinBoy quality post

Loves The place!

Posted on

Here's a challenge for you all.....I have very fond memories of a book I read as a child and I would like to get it and have a look at it again...but I can't recall the title.

It was about a family who lived out in isolated house in the woods, and I think there were two girls...not at all sure about that.....and once a year, the father went into town for supplies and was away for days and the eldest girl got to go one year...

It sounds like The Little House In The Woods, but i seem to recall reading this online and it not being the right one. If anyone has any clues, I would love to follow them up.....I recently tracked down another of my favourite childhood books....written in Afrikaans. It amazes me, looking at it,, that I was able to read it at such a young age.

Posted on

ThinBoy wrote:I just received The Comic Strip complete DVD set from Amazon - Five Go Mad in Dorset was the first one on, and I just watched Five Go Mad on Mescalin. Excellent! Hasn't dated at all.

The line I remember most clearly from these classics was the suave, sophisticated guy from Crossroads (Married to Meg Richardson at one time, I think) telling the kids "I'm a raving homosexual"! :howl:

Posted on

This is a good site for books that are hard to find. I have ordered from them before

http://www.abebooks.co.uk

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Dolls wrote:This is a good site for books that are hard to find. I have ordered from them before

http://www.abebooks.co.uk

Yup, Dolls great site. I LOVE books. My favourite way to spend time in Glasgow is to go to their giant Borders bookshop for the day......with actual money or gift vouchers to BUY books! I always used to ask for book vouchers for my xmas from rellies so that I could treat myself to this pleasure.

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:wish i could find them now dolls but as far as the three golliwogs is concerened i dont have a snowball in hells chance :thumbdown:

Aren't Gollies making a comeback? They're hugely popular in The NetherRegions.

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:haha!

and the Children of Mistletoe Farm..that was another goodie!

wasnt that about cousins - one branch being from the city, but the dad yearns for the farm life again, and he moves his townie wife and children to the farm next door to his brother..

Loved the Famous Five books and loved the Miseltoe Farm books - there were two, weren't there? I read them again about a year ago and loved them, especially as how they ripped the piss out of Melisande. They are very parochial and dated now, but they do have an innocent magic about them.

Those Famous Five book covers were the ones I remember too. I would love to see them again and see how big or small the font is. They felt like 'proper' books to me then, but I'm sure I'd get through them in two minutes now.

And I was in love with Julian! :oops:

Getting into it now!

Posted on

ariane wrote:
ThinBoy wrote:I just received The Comic Strip complete DVD set from Amazon - Five Go Mad in Dorset was the first one on, and I just watched Five Go Mad on Mescalin. Excellent! Hasn't dated at all.

The line I remember most clearly from these classics was the suave, sophisticated guy from Crossroads (Married to Meg Richardson at one time, I think) telling the kids "I'm a raving homosexual"! :howl:

the late ronald allen azza

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

ariane wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:wish i could find them now dolls but as far as the three golliwogs is concerened i dont have a snowball in hells chance :thumbdown:

Aren't Gollies making a comeback? They're hugely popular in The NetherRegions.

it would be great if they did azza ...i had one it didnt make me predjugiced towards the colour of a persons skin it was just a toy i cuddled up to at night when i was a likkle iddy boy :)

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Dolls wrote:Did you read them as a kiddie! I did and I loved them.....Couldnt get enough of them....... :thumb: What amazed me was the *hampers* of grub they had...... :hmmm: I never had that as a kid. Mind you I think they (the kids) were from a *middle Class* family!

Not being funny but it was the language in the book......*Jolly Jumpers what* ?! PMSL but I still loved em. :oops:

yes i read them as a kid.
it soon became apparent to me that i would/could never have a childhood like that.
it pissed me off a bit but read them anyway.

i soon switched to biggles. chocks away ginger!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Grumpy Old Cow
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: BANNED!

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:I loved everything Enid Blyton wrote - from Mr Pinkwhistle to Mallory Towers, I read and re-read them dozens of times. I still have them all somewhere, I'll read them again one day no doubt. :D

Mr pinkwhistle books are AMAZING they were my fav Enid Blyton books.

:yippee:

Baw Bag

Posted on

whisper wrote:
Deb Arkle wrote:I loved everything Enid Blyton wrote - from Mr Pinkwhistle to Mallory Towers, I read and re-read them dozens of times. I still have them all somewhere, I'll read them again one day no doubt. :D

Mr pinkwhistle books are AMAZING it is my fav Enid Blyton books.

:yippee:

Yayy, a fellow Pinkyfan! :thumb:

Be yourself - everyone else is already taken.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: Sahara
Current Mood: Sad

Posted on

Deb Arkle wrote:Yayy, a fellow Pinkyfan! :thumb:

My boyfriend had never heard of him and when I told him that was one of my fav childhood books (along with the ladybird books) he couldn't stop laughing. We googled it and he (Pinkwhistle) does sound a bit ''wrong'' now :D :D :D Especially the one titled 'Mr Pinkwhistle interferes' !!

But yeh Mr Pinkwhistle ROCKS! :jig:

Baw Bag

Posted on

if enid were still alive would she have written "mr blackmamba pops a cap " ? :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Previous

Return to Books