Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Fairy Stories- When You Was A Babe

Like a good read? You're not the only one! Talk about it here!!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Mum and DaD ! Did they read fairy stories?? I loved them. :thumb: Or did they frighten you?



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

i loved fairy stories dolls ..my favourite was the elves and the shoemaker :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

User avatar
It's all bollocks!
Posts: 47305
Joined: Mon Aug 18, 2008 10:33 am
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

wotsit2 wrote:i loved fairy stories dolls ..my favourite was the elves and the shoemaker :)




Aww yes I remember that! But there were a lot of stories that were actually quite nasty! I think it was Grimms fairy tales....... :eek:



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Eek - yes Dolls, I had a huge book of Grimm's Fairy Tales when I was a kid, and as you say - some of them were scary :eek: .

My favourite stories/bedtime tales were the ones that my mum and dad would make up as they went along - although I didn't realise that they were making them up at the time :doh: .

I'm not very good at it myself though, I have young relatives who ask me to tell them stories at bedtime when I babysit and I do struggle without a book to read from :D .



User avatar
Really Hooked!
Posts: 479
Joined: Wed Jan 23, 2008 2:46 pm
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!
Current Mood: Whoop whoop!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Soon as I got to the library, I became obsessed with books.
Used to be an expert on Greek, Norse mythology etc and read avery faerie story I could.

Favourite is 'Cap O Rushes' and I tell my wee lassie I love her "more than salt" every night.

Pictures of me naked viewtopic.php?f=16&t=10495

Super Smegsterwegsta
Posts: 3600
Joined: Sat Apr 19, 2008 3:47 pm
Current Mood: Down, down, deeper and down.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Awww I can always remember me saying to me dad! Tell me a story. :hmmm: I used to love stories about fairys and witches....Witches I adored evil ones at that....... :oops:



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Is Hansel and Gretel a fairy story? That used to scare me to death.



Sit on my Facebook!
Posts: 11555
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 3:01 pm

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

While the other kids were into Disney, I was reading Greek Myths. *feels smug* Those Greeks sure know how to tell a story.

If you aren't willing to stand behind your troops, feel free to stand in front of them.

Lex iniusta non est lex

User avatar
Grand Master
Posts: 7045
Joined: Wed May 28, 2008 7:47 pm
Location: Residing somewhere in Sengenydd
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Snarky

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Stanley Tweedle wrote:Is Hansel and Gretel a fairy story? That used to scare me to death.



Oh Yes!



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Gunner 51 wrote:While the other kids were into Disney, I was reading Greek Myths. *feels smug* Those Greeks sure know how to tell a story.




Me too! We have a wonderful library of words and sayings that originated from the greeks! Greek mythoglogy is wonderful.



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Christianity.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 119263
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

smeggypants wrote:Christianity.



:hmmm: Thats a biggie. :hmmm:



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Hansel and gretal was fucking terrifying.

I always remember hansel putting his elbow out of the cage and remember thinking how clever he was.

Didn't they eat a ginger bread house or summat? I was so jealous, until that evil witchy thing caught them!!



User avatar
Baw Bag
Posts: 1027
Joined: Fri Mar 13, 2009 10:35 pm
Location: On the beach!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

whisper wrote:Hansel and gretal was fucking terrifying.

I always remember hansel putting his elbow out of the cage and remember thinking how clever he was.

Didn't they eat a ginger bread house or summat? I was so jealous, until that evil witchy thing caught them!!




The witches house was made of Gingerbread to attract children........ :eek: So children that came across the house were usually starving hungry and they started to eat bits of the house. :eek4:



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

my parents didn't do reading of fairy stories at bedtime nor any time really.
for as long as i can remember i have always read for and by myself---god, get the violins out!

i remember learning to read at school and reading to the teacher.
i still read far too much, according to my daughter.

i read all sorts of stories to my kids when they were young.
my oiky little son picked up reading far too quickly for his teachers and she complained to me that he'd read every book in the school! HA! once he could read for himself he didn't want me to read to him anymore nor did he want to read to me. utter swine. he was 4 and a half.

my daughter enjoyed me reading to her--my fave--the 3 billy goats gruff--and yes i did the voices! i love that book/story, even now!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

User avatar
Grumpy Old Cow
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am
Location: Wet Wales
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: BANNED!

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

robinnia wrote:my parents didn't do reading of fairy stories at bedtime nor any time really.
for as long as i can remember i have always read for and by myself---god, get the violins out!

i remember learning to read at school and reading to the teacher.
i still read far too much, according to my daughter.

i read all sorts of stories to my kids when they were young.
my oiky little son picked up reading far too quickly for his teachers and she complained to me that he'd read every book in the school! HA! once he could read for himself he didn't want me to read to him anymore nor did he want to read to me. utter swine. he was 4 and a half.

my daughter enjoyed me reading to her--my fave--the 3 billy goats gruff--and yes i did the voices! i love that book/story, even now!




Awwwwwwwwwww :squeeze: Nice comfy post. :thumb:

When I was at school we had *reading tests* (many years ago now) I think the test was to compare your reading age. ie they would say you had a reading level of a 16 yr ! Perhaps you may have been 14... I used to always read on my own come in from school and go to bed really early just to read everything I could , ie the Famous Five and also history books. It must have worked cos I had a good reading age (according to the curriculam then)



User avatar
Forum Slapper Lush
Posts: 35526
Joined: Sun May 25, 2008 9:53 pm
Location: East London with Just Dave now.
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Dolls wrote:
robinnia wrote:my parents didn't do reading of fairy stories at bedtime nor any time really.
for as long as i can remember i have always read for and by myself---god, get the violins out!

i remember learning to read at school and reading to the teacher.
i still read far too much, according to my daughter.

i read all sorts of stories to my kids when they were young.
my oiky little son picked up reading far too quickly for his teachers and she complained to me that he'd read every book in the school! HA! once he could read for himself he didn't want me to read to him anymore nor did he want to read to me. utter swine. he was 4 and a half.

my daughter enjoyed me reading to her--my fave--the 3 billy goats gruff--and yes i did the voices! i love that book/story, even now!




Awwwwwwwwwww :squeeze: Nice comfy post. :thumb:

When I was at school we had *reading tests* (many years ago now) I think the test was to compare your reading age. ie they would say you had a reading level of a 16 yr ! Perhaps you may have been 14... I used to always read on my own come in from school and go to bed really early just to read everything I could , ie the Famous Five and also history books. It must have worked cos I had a good reading age (according to the curriculam then)


i don't remember reading tests but i don't have a very good memory anyway.
i read loads of enid blyton as a young girl ( and i said i didn't have a good memory).
got fed up of that and went roaring through the biggles books and basically anything i could get my mitts on.
joined the library of course. still a member.

i cannot understand why some people do not read for pleasure--my ex was one such--in over 20 years ,i never knew him to pick up a book.
i cannot imagine life without books and it saddens me to think that many people do not have the ability to read( for whatever reason) :(

i cannot sleep if i haven't read before bed and i have noticed that if i spend some time without reading a book i feel almost empty--what a saddo!

i recently moved house and the bulk of the boxes contained books, i had to buy 4 extra bookcases to house them( i had stored loads in the attic prior to moving).
my sister, who is a philistine, told me i ought to get rid of them! as if!

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

User avatar
Grumpy Old Cow
Posts: 3323
Joined: Fri Apr 17, 2009 11:58 am
Location: Wet Wales
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: BANNED!


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Books

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests