Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The new Carry On team

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! All shows funny of course!! ha ha ha ha!!!
Forum rules
No Laughing!! ------------------------------------- only joking :)

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Shane Ritchie = Sid James

Alan Carr = Charles Hawtrey

Shaun Williamson = Bernard Bresslaw

Dawn French = Hattie Jacques

Julie Walters = June Whitfield

Jennifer Saunders = Joan Sims

Harry Hill = Jack Douglas

Christopher Biggins = Kenneth Williams

Caroline Quentin = Patsy Rowlands

Ricky Gervais = Terry Scott

Stephen Fry = Kenneth Connor

Lee Evans = Peter Butterworth

Liza Tarbuck = Barbara Windsor

Barry from Eastenders is a great object of ridicule and entertaining and why he shouldn't be Sid James.

Btw - before I get angry about a Carry On rehash did you make this up Scott or is it an official rumour?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

Sir Alan Sugar would be a good replacement for Sid James,He's the spit of him. :)

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

I dont think carry ons would be very good with those in it...i prefer the one original actors.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: happy.

Posted on

sarah1980 wrote:I dont think carry ons would be very good with those in it...i prefer the one original actors.

Me too! Why can't we just celebrate the originals? They were masters of their art. A very talented comical crew.

Loking thru' that list, there are quite a few of them who just could not fill the originals' shoes: Sorry to be a stick in the mud, 'n all that. :chin:

"The tendency to turn human judgments into divine commands makes religion one of the most dangerous forces in the world.”

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back.

Really Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: hopeful

Posted on

Joe's Girl wrote:
sarah1980 wrote:I dont think carry ons would be very good with those in it...i prefer the one original actors.

Me too! Why can't we just celebrate the originals? They were masters of their art. A very talented comical crew.

Loking thru' that list, there are quite a few of them who just could not fill the originals' shoes: Sorry to be a stick in the mud, 'n all that. :chin:

I agree. Like Fawlty Towers the Carry On brand was a classic and should be left alone.

Although there's no reason why there couldn't be a modern comedy team making a series of films as long is it didn't try and copy the carry on format

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

No, no, no, no..........the success of the original Carry on's was due entirely to those particular actors and actresses doing what it was that they did well, they brought their own unique style to the franchise, to recast today's comedians and have them impersonate the original line up is wrong,wrong, wrong and should not be attempted.

If the Carry on franchise was to be brought back to life then who ever they cast should bring their own talents to the project, i.e Martin Clunes should do Martin Clunes not Sid James or Charles Hawtrey or Kenneth Williams.

Carry On Columbus had Rik Mayall attempting to be Kenneth Williams, it just did not work, Julian Clary was Julian Clary and that did work.

Scott darling, your a great guy but next time your bored gimme your msn and we can do cyber together, just don't go making suggestions like this that you'll regret in the morning :D :squeeze: :d

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

The can only be one response to that answer

:sid: :sid: :sid: :sid: :sid:

(Just imagine the laugh)

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Share this Topic on Facebook: