Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The best sitcom of all time

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! All shows funny of course!! ha ha ha ha!!!
Forum rules
No Laughing!! ------------------------------------- only joking :)

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

No mention of Citizen Smith?

paint your wagons and burn your banker, coz the twisted circus is coming to town and there ain't no safety net under the high wire.

- Larry Love.

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: Puckish

Posted on

Oh yes! Coupling! I will never forget the Giggle Loop.

Blackadder is another I find unwatchable. Also Mr. Bean was funny when I was a child, now I want to be the one to euthanase him.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Docteur Qui wrote:Fawlty Towers was a masterpiece I have to admit, quite possibly the best sitcom ever made and Blackadder is simply superb!

I wasn't a big fan of Ronnie Barker sitcoms, I just don't think I got the humour at the time, the same with Rising Damp and other 70s and 80s stuff including OFAH!

I think that the 90s and 00s and the fall out of the alternative comedy scene probably provided the most memorable comedies for me! Men behaving Badly, Coupling (I love Jeff 'Cleft'), Friends (lets face it, the writing was inspired!), The Royle Family, The Office, Two Pints of Lager, Black Books and the League of Gentlemen to name just a few!

Oh yeah.. Black books! How could i forget that? I have the entire series on box set with loads of extras. Fantastic!

Must get them out and give them a watch again. :D

I was bored and decided to update my signature but i couldnt think of anything to put, so i decided to just put Bollocks!

Irritating the humorless since 1973

Complete Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: Sexy as fuck!

Posted on

I loved Two Pints, Men Behaving Badly, The Office and of course Black Adder.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

I liked the likely lads,the episode with the England game is classic.

:maddy: Image

Forum Slapper Lush
How Hot Are You?: Centre Of The Sun
Current Mood: Eff it.

Posted on

Swing wrote:No mention of Citizen Smith?

An extremely underrated sitcom that rarely produced a bad episode and made a star of Robert Lindsay.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

love thy neighbour , on the buses :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:love thy neighbour , on the buses :)

:rofl:

Love Thy Neighbour was a bit similar to Till Death Us Do Part in some ways in that it contrasted a bigoted, ignorant white bloke against his more cultured black neighbour.

Rigsby in Rising Damp was another example.

Though it seemed to me that a large portion of the population still agreed with the bigot's views at the time and laughed with them rather than at them. But that's a long time ago.

Both of those you mentioned were also total crap though. :D

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:

An extremely underrated sitcom that rarely produced a bad episode and made a star of Robert Lindsay.

Unfortunatly he turned into a real arsehole :mad1: so up himself he could strangle his own bollocks (wish he had) :roll:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

diablo wrote:

Love Thy Neighbour was a bit similar to Till Death Us Do Part in some ways in that it contrasted a bigoted, ignorant white bloke against his more cultured black neighbour.

Though it seemed to me that a large portion of the population still agreed with the bigot's views at the time and laughed with them rather than at them. But that's a long time ago.

;)

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote: ;)

I never assumed you were being serious. :rofl:

Though there are some around who like any old shite - like that Miranda thing. Ewww. It gets plenty of viewers for some odd reason. And Mrs Brown's Boys - well it seems to suit some. :confused:

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:

I never got into Rising Damp, but did like Love They Neighbour and On the Buses.

Now here's a sitcom you pensioners might remember...... cant' remember it's name, but it featured a family who made pickles and one fo the catchphrases was "Has he been?"

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

I never got into Rising Damp, but did like Love They Neighbour and On the Buses.

Now here's a sitcom you pensioners might remember...... cant' remember it's name, but it featured a family who made pickles and one fo the catchphrases was "Has he been?"

You were obviously easily pleased in those days if you found those two progs even slightly amusing. :): Rising Damp was much better.

Ah, pickle factory. That was another poor ITV offering which I never watched much of thankfully. Jimmy Jewel (who my dad always told me was fond of young boys - maybe they'll get 30 police officers to investigate him soon?) and Hylda Baker are left a pickle factory with very old staff. Much hilarity ensues (or maybe not actually).

I saw Hylda Baker on stage in Blackpool several decades ago, where she had a tall female stooge who never spoke. She would tell things to the audience and try to get the stooge to agree - who kept quiet and Baker would say 'She knows, ya know'. She 'd previously have spent a few minutes asking the stooge 'Have you been ?'

She did the same act on TV until the 60s I think, then got a pension boost by the TV show Nearest and Dearest

p.s. I'm still over three years off state pension age and Wots is probably younger than yourself. :)

Nutter!!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

You were obviously easily pleased in those days if you found those two progs even slightly amusing. :): Rising Damp was much better.

Ah, pickle factory. That was another poor ITV offering which I never watched much of thankfully. Jimmy Jewel (who my dad always told me was fond of young boys - maybe they'll get 30 police officers to investigate him soon?) and Hylda Baker are left a pickle factory with very old staff. Much hilarity ensues (or maybe not actually).

I saw Hylda Baker on stage in Blackpool several decades ago, where she had a tall female stooge who never spoke. She would tell things to the audience and try to get the stooge to agree - who kept quiet and Baker would say 'She knows, ya know'. She 'd previously have spent a few minutes asking the stooge 'Have you been ?'

She did the same act on TV until the 60s I think, then got a pension boost by the TV show Nearest and Dearest

p.s. I'm still over three years off state pension age and Wots is probably younger than yourself. :)

Jimmy Jewel and Hylda Baker - Nearest and Dearest! That's it :)

Eli

btw - give it 5 years and you'll be 15 years off state pension age the way Gideon and his band of Bullingdon Bum Boys are going

btw2 - yes I was easily pleased back then :)

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Posted on

diablo wrote:
smeggypants wrote:
diablo wrote:

Pat Coombs played the stooge dabs.

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

diabs i think i'm two years younger than smeggy , the fuckin ole twat :D

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

My standards must be waning as I watched a whole episode of Trisha today. Saw the first 10 minutes and I had to watch it all. I feel I am underqualified to comment any more on this thread. :doh:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:My standards must be waning as I watched a whole episode of Trisha today. Saw the first 10 minutes and I had to watch it all. I feel I am underqualified to comment any more on this thread. :doh:

:eek: you watched old horse blanket?? :rofl:

Forum Slapper Lush

Posted on

Dolls wrote:
Glenn A wrote:

Unfortunatly he turned into a real arsehole :mad1: so up himself he could strangle his own bollocks (wish he had) :roll:

Well he was supposed to be a revolutionary leader with a mass movement, his mass movement consisted of a nerd, a Hells Angel, his girlfriend and a waiter in a Texmex restaurant. I like the one where he steals a tank and then tries to occupy Parliament only to find it's in recess.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

I see his face around and forget to connect him to citizen Smith,which I did watch back in the day

Aliens Ate My Chicken!

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Comedy