Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Ah-ha! Alan Partridge returns in 2016

ha ha ha ha ha!!!! All shows funny of course!! ha ha ha ha!!!
Forum rules
No Laughing!! ------------------------------------- only joking :)

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Don't think I remember Mid Morning matters. What was it?

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118105
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

I'd not heard of it either. Was on Sky Atlantic by the look of it. Downloading series 1 to my Sky box now.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19226
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Just watched the first episode of first series Morning Matters. Very dreary, not a laugh in it. "I'm Alan Partridge" from years ago was actually watchable and funny in places.

Sky probably paid him big money to do Morning Matters as a star name but couldn't find enough extra to write a script with a plot. All filmed in his supposed studio so no need for expensive location stuff this time.

Very poor. :):

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

User avatar
Nutter!!
Posts: 9716
Joined: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:42 am
Location: Fylde Coast
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

diablo wrote:Just watched the first episode of first series Morning Matters. Very dreary, not a laugh in it. "I'm Alan Partridge" from years ago was actually watchable and funny in places.

Sky probably paid him big money to do Morning Matters as a star name but couldn't find enough extra to write a script with a plot. All filmed in his supposed studio so no need for expensive location stuff this time.

Very poor. :):


Agreed. I also watched the first episode. Boring pretty much sums it up. I won't be bothering with any more episodes.



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19226
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:
diablo wrote:Just watched the first episode of first series Morning Matters. Very dreary, not a laugh in it. "I'm Alan Partridge" from years ago was actually watchable and funny in places.

Sky probably paid him big money to do Morning Matters as a star name but couldn't find enough extra to write a script with a plot. All filmed in his supposed studio so no need for expensive location stuff this time.

Very poor. :):


Agreed. I also watched the first episode. Boring pretty much sums it up. I won't be bothering with any more episodes.


I'll give it a miss then.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118105
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Yes, I would Smeggy. Watching paint dry comes to mind :)



User avatar
Complete Nutter!!
Posts: 19226
Joined: Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:11 pm
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Resonance wrote:Yes, I would Smeggy. Watching paint dry comes to mind :)


I must get some paint :)

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

User avatar
Aliens Ate My Chicken!
Posts: 118105
Joined: Sat Dec 15, 2007 8:32 am
Location: Smegland
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

      

Porridge is supposedly coming back to BBC1. Most of the original cast are dead , of course. Christopher Biggins is still alive. These remakes rarely work and I don't think I will be watching.

I didn't like the new Open All Hours or The Prisoner.



Fine Barman!
Posts: 10599
Joined: Thu Jan 17, 2008 9:19 pm


Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Comedy

Similar topics

  • Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post
    Top of Page

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest