Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

The Bill axe Tony Stamp

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

no! i always liked tony stamp

I reject your reality and substitute my own!

Grumpy Old Cow
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: BANNED!

Posted on

I started watching it again a few months ago and I am really enjoying it again. I was surprised to see him still there, seemed like a face out of a different time, think the show had to move on totally, especially with the revamp that's going to happen later this year.

Posted on

Sad news, but not really unexpected. The Bill likes to have a clear out the cast every so often so it was only a matter of time before Tony got the chop.

He added: "So poor old Tony will be sent to training school, with the door left open to come back for odd episodes."

Hopefully they won't be killing him off via a massive explosion or shoot out or any other sensational way they like to get rid of people. Like Scott it's been a while since I last paid any real attention to TB, it was getting so that no one ever left Sun Hill alive.

I know it's fiction but come on surely if any Police station had a death count like Sun Hill there would be inquiry's and high level resignations.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

Scott Nelson wrote:Since 2005, The Bill has lost a number of old favourites:

Jim Carver (1983 - 2005)

June Ackland (1983 - 2007)

Reg Hollis (1984 - 2008)

Gina Gold (2002 - 2009)

and now Tony Stamp (1987 - 2009)

Ahhh I thought that's who Tony Stamp was ...

Reg Hollis was brilliant.

I've seen the Bill a couple of times recently and it's dreadful now. It used to be a great but now it's terrible like Holby City and Casualty with Wooden acting and corny scripts.

They even got that hideous blonde woman with the big ears in it who seems to be in all those aweful dramas, She was even once under the scary delusion that she was some kind of glamour girl :rofl: Can't remember her name right now.

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

They employ ex soap stars now, have a big enterence, a major storyline then blend into the background to make way for the next ex soap star until eventually they move on (first Panto and then the job centre usually).

Stamp, Carver, Ackland, Hollis, Monroe, Conway, and so on were allowed to develop, we got to know them.

Onwards and Upwards

Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl

Posted on

I used to watch it all the time without fail but now I only bother if I have nothing else to do. Its a bad sign too that none of the episodes are on the ITV player when most of the other shows are on there.

Sweetheart
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps