Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

EastEnders to screen live episode

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I suppose that , if you are a member of the cast, a good starting point for nowt to go wrong would be for those people to develop an ability to act.. as opposed to various folks in the Vic shouting constantly, "It's on the arse".. God knows how that pub survives.. and not even He has a clue where the Queen Vic food is prepared.. (think about it!)

I'm clueless why the BEEB is attempting this after "The Bill", whose cast also cannot act, made an absolute Albert Halls of the same..

Getting into it now!

Posted on

"EastEnders to screen live episode"

After a squillion dead episodes I guess ti makes a change!!! :) :D

-----|0| None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe they are free. |0|-----

"Capitalism profits from War - Humanity profits from Peace."

Aliens Ate My Chicken!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!
Current Mood: Won Tons Mons

Posted on

MajorBrit wrote:I'm clueless why the BEEB is attempting this after "The Bill", whose cast also cannot act, made an absolute Albert Halls of the same..

The Bill is where Eastender has-beens finally expire.

The best facial is a daily facial.

Insane Poster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia
Current Mood: unknown

Posted on

I just don't see the point, it was never ever broadcast live originally so why do it now except for some free publicity.

I think Coronation Street is coming up for its 50th year, and that was done live for a while.

Never forget the iron law of unintended consequences

Nutter!!
How Hot Are You?: Frosty Weekend in Rhyl
Current Mood: less tired than I was

Posted on

diablo wrote:I just don't see the point, it was never ever broadcast live originally so why do it now except for some free publicity.

I think Coronation Street is coming up for its 50th year, and that was done live for a while.

Exactly right.. and most everything was live in those days.. and actors were used to that. But there were always those who forgot their lines.. or dried.. or both.. and when they were eventually able to pre-record, it meant that they could at last make the episodes where mistakes did not happen.

It followed that actors' skills lessoned. The only requirement needed to be in Coronation Street is an accent that (to a Southerner) sounded vaguely north of the Midlands. For The Bill, if you could say "He's had it away on his toes guv" or "Blimey, these handcuffs jolly well hurt me" then you got the job.

Eastenders is possibly the least suitable to consider going live. How many pre-recorded takes, I wonder, go into just one "RICKEEEEEEEEEEY!!!"

As you say, publicity.. But I do not agree with the old saying that there is no such thing as bad publicity and have to ask if it will it seem such a good idea after the event?

Getting into it now!

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps