Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Neighbours Appreciation/Gossip/Spoilers

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

I can't believe Erinsborough will soon be on Channel 5.

*sob*

I'll always love Neighbours though. Because Neighbours, become....goooooood....friends... :D

On a roll!
How Hot Are You?: Scorchio!

Posted on

I watched Neighbours right from the beginning...the old Scott, Lucy, Des and Daphne the Erinsborough stripper (yeah, right that was really believable) But I've kind of lost track of it now, although I did go to see the Kylie exhibition (it was on at the V&A too) and I saw her dungarees, which was very exciting. :yippee:

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I watched Neighbours right from the beginning...the old Scott, Lucy, Des and Daphne the Erinsborough stripper (yeah, right that was really believable) But I've kind of lost track of it now, although I did go to see the Kylie exhibition (it was on at the V&A too) and I saw her dungarees, which was very exciting. :yippee:

Hehe yeah I started watching Neighbours from the very beginning too. Which is why I think I am so disturbed by it moving to 5!

I too saw the Kylie exhibition, but when I was in Sydney a while back. Just seeing her dungarees had me hyperventilating with excitement. (Yes, I am sad)

Nothing will ever beat the show in the 80s. Twas genius.

On a roll!

Posted on

I used to watch Neighbours avidly in the 80s/90s. (tho' not anymore. sorry). Used to rush home from school to watch it. I even noted down the latest happenings in my diary that I kept when I was a kid ... Here are extracts from a few of my entries for 1990 (sad I know *cringe*) :o...

Wed Jan 10:
Neighbours was really funny today, Madge & Mrs Mangel are having a cake competition. Ended with Sharon sabotaging Mrs Mangel's cake, and Henry left Madge's cake on his car roof as he drove off. When he braked, the cake came sliding down & broke into pieces on the ground.

Thu Jan 11:
The plot thickens. Sharon & Bronwyn are being chucked out by Mrs Mangel when Sharon owned up to sabotaging her cake.

Friday Jan 12:
Mrs Mangel claims to have fortune telling skills. "Madame Mangel" reads something nasty in Beverly's tea leaves.

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

I watched Neighbours long ago and my parents were avid viewers, they gave up, however as they said it was the same stories going round and round again! :)

Fine Barman!

Posted on

Oh Sharon and Bronwyn!! I really had to think who they were but then it came back . Although I don't remember the cake.

It's coming yet for a' that, that Man to Man, the world o'er, shall brothers be for a' that. (Robert Burns)

MILF

Posted on

I must admit I didn't remember who Sharon or Bronwyn were. :o

I do remember Henry. And Beverly. And Mrs Mangel, of course.

Super Smegster
How Hot Are You?: Siberia

Posted on

Oh happy days of Classic Neighbours....

MILF

Posted on

I'm another that used to watch it years ago. I gave up on it a while ago, but my daughter is now the one who is hooked.

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

whimsical oracle wrote:I used to watch Neighbours avidly in the 80s/90s. (tho' not anymore. sorry). Used to rush home from school to watch it. I even noted down the latest happenings in my diary that I kept when I was a kid ... Here are extracts from a few of my entries for 1990 (sad I know *cringe*) :o...

Wed Jan 10:
Neighbours was really funny today, Madge & Mrs Mangel are having a cake competition. Ended with Sharon sabotaging Mrs Mangel's cake, and Henry left Madge's cake on his car roof as he drove off. When he braked, the cake came sliding down & broke into pieces on the ground.

Thu Jan 11:
The plot thickens. Sharon & Bronwyn are being chucked out by Mrs Mangel when Sharon owned up to sabotaging her cake.

Friday Jan 12:
Mrs Mangel claims to have fortune telling skills. "Madame Mangel" reads something nasty in Beverly's tea leaves.

Hehehe loving the Neighbours commentary in your diary! ;) I vaguely remember Madame Mangel reading tea leaves!

On a roll!

Posted on

Is anyone happy neighbours is moving to channel 5?
Apart from adverts being shown in the middle it'll be good, cos this summer when Wimbeldon starts
it won't disappear. Always hated bbc for doing that. :twisted:
Does anyone know if channel 5 will show it twice a day, or will they show an omnibus at the end of the week.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I'm afraid I am dead against Channel 5 having Neighbours. Probably just because of the tradition! ;)

I think the Beeb were glad to not show Neighbours when Wimbledon was on because we were catching up the Australian shows.

I hope 5 won't tinker too much with the formula. And an omnibus edition would rockz.

On a roll!

Posted on

The new timeslots have been announced...

Five has today announced the timeslots for Neighbours, and it's good news for long-term fans. The show will be broadcast on weekdays at 1.45pm and 5.30pm, almost the exact times it has been shown on BBC One for over twenty years.

It was also announced that Neighbours will get a weekend omnibus and a catch-up showing on Five's sister channel, Five Life.

http://perfectblend.net/news/

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Doesn't bother me its moving to Channel 5 - Im just glad I can still watch it :D The only remotely 'bad' thing is that it will have adverts and they'll take getting used to.

I found loads of clips last night on Youtube of classic Scott & Charlene from the late 80's...ahhh they were so cute!

nooby

Posted on

xmiffyx wrote:I found loads of clips last night on Youtube of classic Scott & Charlene from the late 80's...ahhh they were so cute!

I cried when they got married! :oops:

Really Loves Smeggy's

Posted on

Cazarella wrote:
xmiffyx wrote:I found loads of clips last night on Youtube of classic Scott & Charlene from the late 80's...ahhh they were so cute!

Lol me too and I was only 8 :D :oops:

nooby

Posted on

Cazarella wrote:

Awww! Hehe I love retro Neighbours.

Channel 5 are going to have an omnibus show. Excellent.

On a roll!

Posted on

I have watched neighbours since day one I did have a brief break from the 1998-2000 seasons and again 2003-2005. I am not too fussed what channel it is on as long as I can watch it which I can. I think an omnibus is a wise good move since I always have interuptions through both bloody showings as it is now, always someone knocking on the door texting or yapping.I do not think 20 mins peace would be too much to ask considering I only watch a maximum of 5 tv programmes these days. Mostly I watch things online ahead of uk or in re runs, or simply watch dvds.

Music Is Life!

Loves Smeggy's
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day

Posted on

I loved it in the old days when they showed the previous days episode in the morning - then the new one later at lunchtime.

I lost touch with it once it switched to tea time.

MILF

Posted on

Clive is my ultimate Neighbours favourite.

I'm not watching it at the moment. I went through a stage last year of getting back into it - but really I stopped watching properly around the time Libby married Drew.

not so nooby

Next

Share this Topic on Facebook:

Return to Soaps