Smeggy's Forums

Forums where you CAN vent!

Skip to content

Neighbours Appreciation/Gossip/Spoilers

A fly on the wall observing the fictional escapes of the soap world.

Top Forum Index Page New Posts

Posted on

Kym Valentine the actress who plays Libby gets ill and is replaced for a month with Michala Banas.

http://www.news.com.au/heraldsun/story/0,21985,24685746-5006022,00.html

A stressed Valentine sought refuge in the US during a production break, but fell sick in New York.
Everything unravelled on the flight home. She had oxygen administered by cabin staff after she lost consciousness. She went to hospital on her return and was diagnosed with pneumonia and a collapsed lung.

Wiki says:
In April of 2008 it emerged that Valentine was involved in a relationship with Australian actor Vince Colosimo. It was suggested this may cause tension on the Neighbours set as Colosimo had recently separated from Neighbours actor and former All Together Now star Jane Hall.[2]

In July 2008 Valentine contracted pneumonia, and suffered a collapsed lung on a flight from New York to Melbourne causing her to pass out. The cabin crew gave the actress oxygen during the flight and when she arrived in Melbourne was taken to hospital for further treatment. She stayed in hospital for several days before recuperating at home.[3][4]

On August 10, 2008 it was reported that Kym has had to pull out of her role in Neighbours in order to complete her recovery process. Fellow actress Michala Banas of McLeod's Daughters fame will take over the role for a month.[5]

She's ok now. :thumb: :)

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Whirliegig wrote:I watched Neighbours right from the beginning...the old Scott, Lucy, Des and Daphne the Erinsborough stripper (yeah, right that was really believable) But I've kind of lost track of it now, although I did go to see the Kylie exhibition (it was on at the V&A too) and I saw her dungarees, which was very exciting. :yippee:

Remember when Daphne gave birth through her dungarees? Wah hey!

Posted on

I can remember when Bouncer had a dream about falling in love with another dog. You had to laugh as Neighbours had this feel good factor the British soaps lacked. I grew up in its heyday of 1987-91 and, believe me, it was standing room only in the common room. Those of you who stick by it, good luck, as I admire your passion for what is still a feel good, easy going soap that still has a warm glow around it. Usually I miss it because I'm shopping or stuck in traffic.

Really Loves the Place!
How Hot Are You?: The Big Bang!!

Posted on

Glenn A wrote:I can remember when Bouncer had a dream about falling in love with another dog. You had to laugh as Neighbours had this feel good factor the British soaps lacked. I grew up in its heyday of 1987-91 and, believe me, it was standing room only in the common room. Those of you who stick by it, good luck, as I admire your passion for what is still a feel good, easy going soap that still has a warm glow around it. Usually I miss it because I'm shopping or stuck in traffic.

Ah but the wonders of youtube never stop amazing me.

What's happenning in the episode that I'm up to (Ep5587)...

spoiler:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
Harold's got cancer now. :cry: :(
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Im rarely off You Tube when I'm bored and was even looking at a Sullivans clip from the seventies, which was the first Australian soap broadcast over her. I suppose Neighbours will feature heavily, but I must admit I haven't really seen it for over 10 years. Yet, now it's on Five, it will have a guaranteed time slot and won't have the pressures it faced on BBC One in later years when the BBC didn't promote it because the ratings had fallen.

Really Loves the Place!

Posted on

what is happening to neighbours just lately ? its turning into the Xfactor but with less acting :)

Trying is the first step towards failure...Homer Simpson
"Ahhhhhh bollox.... whats the point "... Me :D
I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:
do whaaaaaa ? :tizzles:

It's all bollocks!
Location: Sunny, scintillating Blackpool . Riiiiiiiiggggghhhhhhhtttttt
How Hot Are You?: A Nice English Summer's Day
Current Mood: FUCKIN' FUCKITTY BOLLOCKS !!!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:what is happening to neighbours just lately ? its turning into the Xfactor but with less acting :)

Ha ha, you're right wotsit.
Looks like Ty will release a single, or maybe already has down under.

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

i am refusing to watch neighbours until they stop plugging that bloody song :mad:

I would like to thank the MOD for all of their support over the years ...thanks for fuck all :fingers:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:i am refusing to watch neighbours until they stop plugging that bloody song :mad:

Hee hee you might have to wait awhile Wotsit. Maybe another week not sure. :D
I watch it on youtube, sometimes to fill the ad breaks during films. I'm about 3 or 4 weeks ahead.

I was watching neighbours the other day and I heard a song they used to play in the coffee shop, over and over about ten years ago. It goes ' Just give me one good reason, one good reason'. Only remember cos it was always on during coffee shop scenes and they kept playing it for over five years :eek4: .
And now it's back. :banghead:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:
wotsit2 wrote:i am refusing to watch neighbours until they stop plugging that bloody song :mad:

Hee hee you might have to wait awhile Wotsit. Maybe another week not sure. :D
I watch it on youtube, sometimes to fill the ad breaks during films. I'm about 3 or 4 weeks ahead.

I was watching neighbours the other day and I heard a song they used to play in the coffee shop, over and over about ten years ago. It goes ' Just give me one good reason, one good reason'. Only remember cos it was always on during coffee shop scenes and they kept playing it for over five years :eek4: .
And now it's back. :banghead:

theres a reason for that ST ...harold was a tight so and so and had only paid for one record in the jukebox :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

theres a reason for that ST ...harold was a tight so and so and had only paid for one record in the jukebox :rofl:

:rofl:
All that collecting for the Salvation Army, yeah right, we know he was ripping everyone off to feed his drug and call girl addiction. Poor Madge. :D
When he went missing, everyone knows he went living it up Tony Montana style in the ozzy bush. :rofl:

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

Stanley Tweedle wrote:

:rofl:
All that collecting for the Salvation Army, yeah right, we know he was ripping everyone off to feed his drug and call girl addiction. Poor Madge. :D
When he went missing, everyone knows he went living it up Tony Montana style in the ozzy bush. :rofl:

:rofl: they ought to do a "harold the missing years " special :rofl:

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

It would take alot more than that for me to watch that shit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

But then again you'll watchshit!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Really Hooked!

Posted on

O_J how do you know its shit if you dont watch you twonk ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Hey Jobless, are you sure it's a tv you're watching? Could be a mirror!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

course he has a telly ST ..nicked from someones house with a chipped sky box so he can watch the footie in his pizza and diamond white stained chelsea footie shirt that was stolen from his local sports shop while smoking a :splif: or two :D

It's all bollocks!

Posted on

Wotsit, Police are looking for the getaway vehicle. A photofit of the car has been published

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Resident Alcoholic
Current Mood: Giblet Botherer

Posted on

wotsit2 wrote:O_J how do you know its shit if you dont watch you twonk ??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????

You're telling me that neighbours is watchable then?????????????????????????????????????????????

Really Hooked!

Posted on

I am. :)

Sit on my Facebook!

Posted on

I liked it when Des was in it ..

12 cans of Stella
Current Mood: hopeful

Previous

Share this Topic on Facebook: